Yoichi Wada hints at FFVII Remake?

R.Smith 03-18-2006 06:13 AM
quote:
Yoichi Wada hints at FFVII Remake?
During the recent launch event for Final Fantasy XII held in Japan, Square-Enix president Yoichi Wada was asked by a fan about the possibility of a remake of Final Fantasy VII for the PS3. Although he could not give a definate answer, he smiled and said it was possible due to the demand and that possibilities are being examined. Let's hope that the possibilities come true.

» Source: Magic-Box...

Didn't put this in the AC thread, since while it's related to it, it's not part of the topic over all.

I think that given the success of the Compilation of FFVII, a PS3 remake would be the final part of it. Of course there is also the possiblity of another FFVII game, that takes place after DC, due to the secret ending. Wink

Now, I fully admit that I "love" FFVII (I realize now that stating this wasn't really needed, as it is obvious Tongue ), as it was my first real RPG, and the sole reason I bought a PSX. I've recently picked up FFX, but despite the improved graphics, I still favor VII over X.

For those who are unaware, the whole "FFVII remake for PS3" crazy started when a techdemo for the PS3's realtime capablities, was shown with the intro to FFVII used. Yes, other techdemos have been made, such as the FFVIII for PS2, and nobody speculated a remake, but there was no "Compilation of FFVIII". Smile

If you have yet to see the techdemo, then let me direct you to this(rapidshare link for Techdemo) and here is a render of the last shot of the clip(rapidshare link). I'd also like to add that SE said that they could have made it even better, had they had more time, this was made in about a month.
Raven 03-18-2006 06:26 PM
I honestly don't know how to feel about this. It has come to the point where Square has lost their magic with the series, and now they are just senselessly milking their most successful game. I’ve played VII, and there was nothing really there to show me that the game needs 10 million spin-offs and a movie. I’m sorry if I offend anyone, but I’m just not that big a fan of FF7. Besides, someone needs to explain to me what all the unresolved issues the ending left, because I didn’t really see them. I was at least able to see why FFX-2 was made, even though that game sucked hard. Bt oh well, I’ll just wait to see how things play out.
David Ryder 03-18-2006 07:00 PM
To be blunt, I don't give a damn about a FF 7 remake. There is no need for any of the games such a Dirge of Cerberus, which is, contray to what FF 7 fanboys say, is just DMC with more RPG elements, Advent Children can die, and so can the remake. And FF X sucked big time. If I want RPG's I will look elsewhere, such a Suikoden, MegaTen, Wild Arms and many other's. Not trying to be mean, so I do apolagize if it seems that way.

quote:
Square has lost their magic with the series, and now they are just senselessly milking their most successful game.

Bingo for the win.