Ultimate Adult Swim Action Lineup

StevieV019 03-17-2006 12:03 PM
After years of Adult Swim being around...out of all the shows they've aired, which shows would be a part of your Ultimate Adult Swim Action lineup? Which shows do you feel deserve to be a part of a lineup that would thoroughly entertain you every night? Go ahead and list them. We've all seen shows come and go over the years from the lineup, so which shows would you want to be part of the programming block library? Also...go ahead and include shows that maybe didnt show on AS but were part of Toonami or Toonami: Rising Sun and could definitely be a part of the AS lineup. Also, only include those shows that have aired on the block. Speculation should be made in another thread...

Anyway...here goes...the shows Id want part of AS Action Lineup:

Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Fullmetal Alchemist
Yu Yu Hakusho
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Big O
Gundam Wing
Gundam 0083
Gundam 0080
Witch Hunter Robin
FLCL

These have all shown on AS (or on a Toonami equivalent) and would make for pretty good options when considering what to air. Other, unaired shows, would definitely help the cause, but I think the above shows pretty much cut through the other stuff that was ever aired.
David Ryder 03-17-2006 02:21 PM
For me...

Trigun (uncut)
Rurouni Kenshin (uncut, I can't stress this one enough)
Gundam 0080 (UC Gundam = Good, also uncut)
Outlaw Star (Come on AS bring it back, even though they lost the broadcast right's, also uncut)
Gungrave (a great show from Mr. Nightow, however G4 has this I do believe)

Kenshin should have been on AS to begin with, no question's asked...there it could have gotten way uncut.
Nine Kuze 03-17-2006 03:41 PM
Um, from what I can think of at the moment, I got...

InuYasha
Hellsing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
RahXephon
Ghost in the Shell
FullMetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Big O
AIR
Lupin the Third
Trigun
Sailor Moon (yeah, that's right. I put that there, ask about me Pleased )
FLCL
Read or Die

Also, I actually thought about this a while ago on which shows AS should show and I was thinking of a show but its not anime or even action at all for that matter. Arrested Development. I think it would work pretty damn well with AS, with its comedy section. Its funnier than the crap they got now (with the expection of Futurama and Family Guy) and its got that dark humor that made it so popular before Fox for some damn reason, cut it off.
Peace.
Green_Bird 03-17-2006 10:43 PM
In no order....The only way all this would if it on the off chance that AS would put anime on 6 days a week O_o....

Classics I would want on the line up:
Outlaw Star (Uncut)
Tenchi Muyo (Uncut)
Cowboy Bebop (Uncut)
Trigun (Uncut)
Wolf's Rain (W/ the endings of 26 and 30 and the intros to 27 and 29 in tact)
Big O
Samurai Champloo
FLCL
Witch Hunter Robin
Inuyasha
FMA
GitS: SAC
Milk-chan

What I want to debut on the line up:
R.O.D TV (Wishful thinking, G4 has it)
Hellsing/OVA (Lots of language edits would be needed (especually the Jan and Luke episodes)....but I think it would work.)
Bleach (There's been some talk about it ending up there.)
Gungrave (Wishful thinking, G4 has it)
Ranma 1/2 (Um...it would fit....other then the nudity edits they would have to do...)
Saiyuki/Saiyuki Reload/Saiyuki Gunlock (They play both ADV and Geneon anime, so getting the rights would be easy right?)
Chobits (It would work....I think....)
Ergo Proxy (They may get it...or atleast it seems to be AS material. though it will probaly be one of those that they play once and then dump it and only bring it back a few times then cut it in half like WHR.)
GunxSword (I think it would be a good addition...s-CRY-ed meets Big O!)
Spiral (I'm a little iffy on this one....)
Mike 03-17-2006 10:47 PM
Mobile Suit Gundam (the original, and for God's sakes play the whole thing for once)
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Double Zeta Gundam
Gundam X
Big O
Trigun
Bebop
Champloo
...um....I can't think of anything else. They could have special events, like playing all of Gundam 0080 or Blue Submarine Number Six in one big chunk every now and again.
David Ryder 03-17-2006 11:16 PM
quote:
Hellsing/OVA

It could work, however AS is sloppy interms of editing, (Trigun anyone?), I can't really comment on their recent stuff but one never knows.

I agree Gun x Sword would make a nice addition, and I'm pretty sure Bleach will be on AS, as InuYasha is wrapping up.
Sharpshooter005 03-17-2006 11:22 PM
quote:
Hellsing/OVA (Lots of language edits would be needed (especually the Jan and Luke episodes)....but I think it would work.)

By OVA...I assume you don't mean the original series, but rather the "new" episodes I refuse to shut up about lately.

If so...I had no idea any more than the first one was already available. If you know something I don't we may need to discuss this further.

quote:
Chobits (It would work....I think....)

Shhh..they might get ideas...But yeah, they probably COULD do it...

Anyway..I've been saying this for a while, but theres one show I think AS could get fairly easily, and it would be PERFECT.

I'm talking about Noir.

-ADV owns the rights. AS has dealt with ADV before (Evangelion)

-With few exceptions, Noir is almost bloodless..violent as all hell yes, but bloodless.

-Theres MAYBE two scenes in later episodes involving Chloe that standards and practices would get upset about. But they're FAIRLY non-essential, and even then they could probably be slipped past I assume.

It's 26 episodes. It's one gunfight leading into another. People would like it. I could honestly see them picking it up, I'm almost surprised they already haven't.

Really. If they could do evangelion, they could do Noir.
Blue Crow 03-18-2006 05:29 PM
i'm still worried about outlaw star 2. i've been looking forward to that forever. Frown

also,i think the hellsing OVA could dominate the action lineup. and if anyone can nab the airing rights first, it's CN.

-BC
David Ryder 03-18-2006 07:28 PM
quote:
i'm still worried about outlaw star 2. i've been looking forward to that forever.

I remember somewhere saying that Sunrise wasn't going to make am Outlaw Star 2, like 6 years ago.
Asirt 03-18-2006 10:04 PM
My Adult Swim Action Lineup -

1st Hour:
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star

2nd Hour:
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain

3rd Hour:
The Big O
Neon Genesis Evangelion

4th Hour:
Samurai Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin

5th Hour:
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist

6th Hour:
Lupin the 3rd
Tenchi Muyo!

Shows to replace when other shows complete their run -

Noir [I agree with Sharpshooter on this; it can work.]
AIR / AIR IN SUMMER [It probably won't work, but hey, I can dream, right? It's not licensed in the US, so yeah.]
Black Jack OVA [Again, might not work, but would be nice to have.]
Last Exile [G4 (TechTV back then) has it]
Serial Experiments Lain [Might work]
Hellsing

Special Movie / OVA Block -

Alien 9 [Reminds me of NGE, so it can work]
Blue Submarine No. 6 [Uncut version]
Kikader OVA [I didn't like the TV series that much, but the OVA was great.]
Metropolis
Read or Die
Tales of Phantasia: THE ANIMATION [When it gets licensed in the US, I can see it work as a special OVA block.]
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Sentou Yousei Yukikaze
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

---------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Show it back to back with paranoia agent.

Someones head would explode while trying to follow both of those at once.

Indeed. That would be very interesting. Though, I haven't had the chance to see Paranoia Agent which was why I didn't include it.
Sharpshooter005 03-19-2006 12:01 AM
quote:
Serial Experiments Lain [Might work]

Show it back to back with paranoia agent.

Someones head would explode while trying to follow both of those at once.

edit: Also, on a slightly unrelated topic, assuming we had control of episode production and airing...I'd make incredibly sure there was a second season of 12 ounce mouse. I mean doing things that involve car batteries and blackmail photographs if thats what it took.
StevieV019 03-20-2006 09:51 AM
Well, since we've ALREADY gone onto speculation as to which shows could make it to Adult Swim even though they havent aired...Ill go ahead and add my .02...

These shows should/could be added to Adult Swim:

Noir (of course it could Sharpie...we've talked about this previously)
Serial Experiments Lain
Gungrave
Hellsing
Initial D (where is the LOVE??? come on...)
X: TV Series

I think the above would do well on Adult Swim's action lineup...especially Noir...
Raven 03-20-2006 01:06 PM
Hmm... here's what I'd like to see as part of their ultimate lineup:

Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Pilot Candidate (just kidding)
Full Metal Alchemist
Gundam 08th MS Team (Not sure if Adult Swim ever had this on or just Toonami)
Mobile Suit Gundam
Neon Genesis: Evangelion
Big O
Rurouni Kenshin

Shows I don’t want to see anymore because I either dislike them or am bored to death with them:

Inuyasha
Super Milk Chan
Reign
FLCL
Wolf’s Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Nine Kuze 03-20-2006 01:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Hmm... here's what I'd like to see as part of their ultimate lineup:
Pilot Candidate (just kidding)

Oh thank God. I thought you were serious.

I'd also like to see the Read or Die series on Adult Swim. They showed the movie a while back (I think like two years ago) and it was pretty damn good so I'm thinking the series won't be all that bad.

Also, as classic goes, the other seasons of Lupin the Third. They got the Red Jacket season but there's also the Pink and Green jacket seasons which I would love to see.
Peace.
M.S. Feather 03-20-2006 02:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI

Also, as classic goes, the other seasons of Lupin the Third. They got the Red Jacket season but there's also the Pink and Green jacket seasons which I would love to see.
Peace.

Oh, yes! That would be wonderful. Smile
Though I think it would also be nice if the jerks at AS went ahead and aired the rest of the red jacket series first. -___-

Eh, as for my dream lineup...

Lupin III
The Big O
FLCL
Thundercats
Samurai Champloo

As long as they ran those shows occasionally I'd be pretty happy. Though I also don't like it when they overplay stuff so I think it would be even more enjoyable if they tried to acquire and air some new anime as well.
Nine Kuze 03-20-2006 02:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by M.S._Feather
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI

Peace.

Oh, yes! That would be wonderful. Smile
Though I think it would also be nice if the jerks at AS went ahead and aired the rest of the red jacket series first. -___-

Thundercats

I didn't even know there was more to the Red Jacket season than what was already shown. Hell, give me that first.

And Thundercats... HELL YES! Thanks you, M.S. Feather! I'd completely forgot about them!
Peace.
Blue Crow 03-21-2006 12:13 PM
i liked pilot candidate.

call me crazy.

-BC
Sharpshooter005 03-21-2006 02:42 PM
quote:
Pilot Candidate

I'd like them to air this, just one episode even, because I've never seen it and I've always been intrigued as to just how bad it is.
Raven 03-21-2006 02:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Pilot Candidate

I'd like them to air this, just one episode even, because I've never seen it and I've always been intrigued as to just how bad it is.

Well, to be quite honest, I watched Pilot Candidate when it was on. It was bad, yes. However, I've seen worse animes out there, Reign being one of them. I just like teasing the show because I know everyone around here hates it so much.
Ano Hito 03-21-2006 06:32 PM
Now, I'm open to new art styles and originality, but the art of Reign made it damn near unwatchable. That and it was boring.