The Official Kanye West Thread

Nine Kuze 03-15-2006 12:59 PM
You know, I have noticed on many different threads around Amadeus' Pub and other forums around the Speakeasy, we tend to talk about Kanye West a lot. Its not usually all good (hell, don't think that its ever good), but we talk about him nonetheless.

So, I came up with this; the Offical Kanye West Thread! You got beef with the College Dropout, then talk about it here. You wanna compliment him (like he needs it any more) then holla at him here.

A little background on Kanye West:

From Chicago's South Side, Kanye West has been producing beats for years for profound rappers such as Jay-Z, DMX, Cam'Ron, and Snoop Dogg. After being in a car accident, West started making his own albums, including his first one where his mouth was wired shut because of the accident. After losing out on a record deal from Columbia Records, West was signed by Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella Records in 2003 and made the hit platinum album, The College Dropout in 2004. In 2005, he came out with his sophomore album, Last Registration and has won many Grammys from the two albums.

So here's the Kanye West thread forever... ever... ever... ever... ever...

EDIT: Kanye West is making a movie.
Peace.
David Ryder 03-15-2006 04:17 PM
a Film inspired by this music? oh boy, that should be great.
Sharpshooter005 03-18-2006 11:23 PM
Now I ain't sayin she a gold digger but I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THAT SONG AGAIN. NOT IN AN AD, NOT ON THE RADIO, AND NOT AS YOUR RINGTONE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CLASS.

quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
a Film inspired by this music? oh boy, that should be great.

Anybody remember the film festival episode of Simpsons? Somehow I can only picture the finished product resembling the mr. burns movie.

"Drink up, Judah Ben Hur"

"You truly are the king of kings"

"Excellent."

quote:
his first one where his mouth was wired shut because of the accident

Whoever cut those wires unleashed upon the world a force of unimaginable evil.
Nine Kuze 03-20-2006 01:36 PM
quote:
Now I ain't sayin she a gold digger but I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THAT SONG AGAIN. NOT IN AN AD, NOT ON THE RADIO, AND NOT AS YOUR RINGTONE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CLASS.

I actually don't blame you there, Sharpie. It's getting to be an annoying song and its not even one of his better songs on the LR album. Although, I do like the hook.

quote:
"Drink up, Judah Ben Hur"

"You truly are the king of kings"

"Excellent."

Throw in some beats, West playing like five different characters, a Common and Jay-Z cameo, and extend to four hours and Kanye West would have made a film that will rival Gone with the Wind... or on the other side of the spectrum, Battlefield Earth. Which ever you prefer.

quote:
Whoever cut those wires unleashed upon the world a force of unimaginable evil.

Before his execution of commiting such an act, he listened to Gold Digger and just as they strapped him in the electric chair, he only said;
"My God, what I done?"... lights out.

See, I'm thinking is they probably should have gotten the doctor for Marathon Man. "Is it safe?" I'd like to hear him mixtape his eay out of that one!
Peace.
David Ryder 03-20-2006 03:59 PM
quote:
I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THAT SONG AGAIN. NOT IN AN AD, NOT ON THE RADIO, AND NOT AS YOUR RINGTONE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CLASS.

your not the only one sharp. I swear that's all I hear. And I love the "clever" editing... "Broke Broke" haha.
Nine Kuze 03-21-2006 02:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THAT SONG AGAIN. NOT IN AN AD, NOT ON THE RADIO, AND NOT AS YOUR RINGTONE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CLASS.

your not the only one sharp. I swear that's all I hear. And I love the "clever" editing... "Broke Broke" haha.

Actually, I like the edited version of Gold Digger's hook than the actual uncut version. Not because of the word broke is replaced with but just because I thought it was "clever" and it makes the song better.

That last part didn't sound right...

Anyway, here's some new just in case you didn't know, Kanye is doing the original score for the Mission Impossible III movie coming up soon. You know Tom Cruise was jumpin' couches in excitement for that one.
Peace.
David Ryder 04-23-2006 02:19 PM
Well i knew this was bound to happen.... Dear God....

Kanye: "Yeah son, them chinese can draw sucka."
Random Guy: "Actually their japanese."
Kanye: "Shut up foo! What's the difference anyways....Broke broke!!!!"
Sharpshooter005 04-23-2006 03:13 PM
I'm not a huge fan of carlos mencia..but...the parody of "gold digger" he did on his show a while back was pretty funny I thought.

I'm sure it's on youtube/google video/the comedy central website if nobodys seen it still...then his show went right back to unfunny, but for a brief moment..yeah.
David Ryder 04-23-2006 03:57 PM
yeah, I saw that to sharp. It was pretty funny, butwell other than that, Mecnia can die, but for that brief moments it was funny.
Sharpshooter005 04-23-2006 06:09 PM
One of his songs was on ytmnd radio (I don't know why I listen to this either), and it mentions Lupin.

Is this like..the new thing, they all begin "identifying" with anime or something. More importantly, is this going to result in the creation of some freakish hybrid otaku/suburban kid who loves rap.

Fake cat-ears and bling. Maybe the apocalypse really IS nigh.
Hobodoken 04-23-2006 06:10 PM
You'd better believe it will. It'll also be the cause of the rise of the five sons of Jesus, and his three second-generation children.
Big Money 04-23-2006 06:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
One of his songs was on ytmnd radio (I don't know why I listen to this either), and it mentions Lupin.

Is this like..the new thing, they all begin "identifying" with anime or something. More importantly, is this going to result in the creation of some freakish hybrid otaku/suburban kid who loves rap.

Because I'm not sure I can coexist in a world with that sort of thing.

... That isn't Kanye that says that...

And I definately know why you listen to ytmnd radio... because it offers quality programming.

I kinda like Kanye West... his hooks/riffs are of high quality, and his lyrics are impeccable.

I think I might hit him if I talked to him face to face, though...
Sir Nise 04-23-2006 07:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:

Because I'm not sure I can coexist in a world with that sort of thing.

... That isn't Kanye that says that...

And I definately know why you listen to ytmnd radio... because it offers quality programming.

I kinda like Kanye West... his hooks/riffs are of high quality, and his lyrics are impeccable.

I don't think you can hit Kanye, he has magic chest-hair powers that deflect hits and absorb energy.

he works like that.

but seriously, why hate on kanye b/c he is all confident/cocky. I, and I'm sure anyone else, would be too if your personal skills were admired and so praised. You can't blame Mr. West, blame the media.
Sharpshooter005 04-23-2006 07:41 PM
quote:
You can't blame Mr. West, blame the media.

If the media's making him say idiotic stuff alot, I want their mind control device.

edit: Holla we want pre-nup.
Sir Nise 04-23-2006 08:08 PM
They have no mind control device, it's just pressure like in those drug-free commercials. If he doesn't tell the nation of George Bush's lack of consideration for blacks, then we won't think he's cool. We all got be cool, or else we're just emo. That's why he's saying crazy stuff, to avoid being picked on in the rap community.
David Ryder 04-24-2006 02:11 AM
quote:
why hate on kanye

Because it's fun, or well I sure know I have a ball doing it. All this talk about Kanye's lyrics. I've listened to his CD several times, not much seems to be different from the standard Money, bling bling,and Hoe's. And his "beats", any one can use a drum machine and a Synthesizer.

quote:
If the media's making him say idiotic stuff alot, I want their mind control device.

Me too, but maybe... "The media doesn't like black people!". I hope this Kanye fad dies out soon, so the next over hyped rapper can come in and then the cycle can start over again. i'm gonna hold back on bashing the hell out of R&B, which is just rap with a softer sound.
Nine Kuze 04-26-2006 05:17 PM
quote:

Yeah, there is a reference to Lupin the Third and its in the "Touch the Sky" single, and like Big Money said before no Kanye doesn't say it but another rapper, Lupe Fiasco does. And no, I have NO idea who that is. But here's the line:

quote:
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Guess whos on Third/ Lupe Steal Like Lupin the Third

quote:

I have to agree with this. His music maybe pretty good but still, he seems he would be a total tool in person. And being arrogant is fun (at least for me it is), its confidence well dressed. I heard that I think, on an Adidas commercial one time and I've always wanted to say that. But yeah, like Gaddes, hating on Kanye is fun. Harmless fun for me, but fun nonetheless.

quote:
edit: Holla we want pre-nup.

WE WANT PRE-NUP!! Yeah! I heard she had a baby by Buster/My best friend said she used to f*** with Usher. I don't really care because I REALLY LOVE HER!
Peace.
Sir Nise 05-04-2006 09:26 PM
I think everyone needs to re-listen to College Dropout. That album is ridiculous. That is a good reason why Kanye doesn't suck.
Mr. Saturn 05-21-2006 02:31 PM
quote:

Touch The Sky. Lupe Fiasco says that part though. You can hate on Kanye all you want. His head has gotten too big now but leave Touch the Sky out of it. That's my f***in' cut right there.
dancinggummi88 05-30-2006 11:00 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Sharpshooter005

[quote]

please make it stop!!!!!