The Bee Gees!

NightRanger 03-14-2006 10:34 PM

I can't believe there's not already a thread for this legendary australian trio! They have alot of their best moments on the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack, but their earlier stuff from the 60s is also worth a listen. I hope to get the "Idea" album eventually. CD and vinyl copies of it.
Travis Bickle 03-14-2006 11:01 PM

They (meaning ELP) did the whole "horrible poppy music with exposed chest hair" bit for one album. It was a terrible album (one of the worst ever made), but it's still better than anything the Bee Gees ever produced.
David Ryder 03-14-2006 11:04 PM
Not a Bee Gees fan and yeah that album cover is quite scarey.
Randolph 03-14-2006 11:14 PM
Dude. The Bee Gees were awesome, at least in my book. They're from a long time ago, they made good music, and they could actually sing. Unlike 98% of modern artists.

The hell with album covers and chest hair. I care about the product, not the package.
Sharpshooter005 03-14-2006 11:18 PM
I'm not sure if you're supposed to admit something like this, but...

I like "Stayin Alive"

(The song, I mean. I've never seen the movie)

quote:
The hell with album covers and chest hair. I care about the product, not the package.

I think we can lay at least some of the blame for the chest hair on the 1970s.

We were just getting out of the '60s, there were alot of hairy people still around. Much in the way the former Soviet Union had to divest itself of alot of the bureaucratic and social mores created under Communism, people had to ween themselves slowly away from the previous decade.

Furthermore, I was not alive to systematically attack people with an electric razor. Nor would I really have wanted to. Who would, I mean if shaving hippies is your hobby...maybe. And if it is, please don't stand too close to me. Because to be honest you kind of frighten me.
NightRanger 03-14-2006 11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Randolph

Same here!!!!