Favorite Mel Brooks Movie

Pygmalion 03-12-2006 11:03 PM
I have a hard time deciding between Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and Silent Movie. I have a soft spot for the last, as it was the first movie with "suggestive" gags that I understood.

Pygmalion
David Ryder 03-12-2006 11:09 PM
he directed Spaceballs right? if so then that's my faveorite.
evanASF27 03-12-2006 11:11 PM
Blazing Saddles, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (good musical), History of the World Part I (PartII would have been cool...SEE! JEWS...IN...SPAA-AA-ACE!!!!), Young Frankenstein (Fr-on-ken-sht-ee-n ....Frau Blücher!), Spaceballs .... Robots? I dunno didn't see that one.
Sharpshooter005 03-12-2006 11:14 PM
quote:
Silent Movie

I need to rent that or..buy it on dvd. I used to have the video and the last time I saw it I was INCREDIBLY young.

Probably...a tie between blazing saddles and young frankenstein.

They're all good..some not as much as others (Well..okay I specifically mean Robin Hood: Men in tights. Good but not AS great)
R.Smith 03-12-2006 11:16 PM
Wow, we have to choosejust one? That's a hard one.

I really enjoy all of Mel Brooks' movies............hmm, I guess it's a sevenway tie between History of the World Part 1, Blazing Saddles, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, or Spaceballs. @_@
Travis Bickle 03-12-2006 11:29 PM
History of the World Part 1, with Blazing Saddles coming in at a close second.

I can quote that movie forever.

"When you die at the palace, you really die at the palace!"
Wingnut 03-13-2006 08:23 AM
Duh, Spaceballs of course. Followed by RH: Men in Tights.
BethMcBeth 03-13-2006 09:24 AM
I would say its a total tie between Blazzing Saddles, Robin Hood Men in Tights and Space Balls.

-Beth
DJX Prime 03-22-2006 07:55 PM
I'll have to go with Spaceballs, with Blazing Saddles as a close second. I always seem to quote those the most.
C.R Foxhound 03-23-2006 01:24 PM
Cuz what you got
is what we need
and all we do are evil deeds
Cuz were the SPACEBALLS!!!!

Watchout!!!!

Classic!!!!!
Jim Starluck 03-23-2006 03:10 PM
Toss-up between Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstien for me.
Raphaela 04-30-2006 10:02 PM
Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Hands down. SOOO good. X3
Diverse Considerations 04-30-2006 10:14 PM
*Ponders, like Schwarzwald pondering a Paradigm Corp. check*

Hmmmmmm, hmmm hmmm hmmmm.....

Tie between Spaceballs and The Producers.
AlexRosewater 05-04-2006 12:51 PM
For me it would have to be the very first Mel Brooks movie. Space Balls. I laughed sooooooooooo hard when I rented that movie for the first time. I know own it on DVD for future refrence laughs.
Fujiko 05-06-2006 07:42 PM
I just saw Blazing Saddles last night. Hilarious movie. ['Scuse me while I whip this out." Screams.]

I can't really pick a favorite. I've liked all the Mel Brooks movies I've seen (including Spaceballs, Robin Hood, Men in Tights, and Young Frankenstein).
Sharpshooter005 05-06-2006 07:46 PM
Mel Brooks is, apparently, going to do the musical treatment for "young frankenstein" next.

The producers (which I still haven't seen..or..not the musical version)...okay that made sense. This one dosen't seem to make as much, then again I figure it's his movie, and he apparently did this well with the producers, so yeah.

Furthermore..is young frankenstein even out on dvd? I assume it has to be, and I think I've seen it once but I'm not sure.
Mike 05-06-2006 08:02 PM
I'm reeeeally sure that Mel Brooks did a lot before spaceballs. Like the 12th chair (which isn't very funny). I think Blazing Saddles and The Producers were from the early 70s, too.

Producers is so awesome. I am yet to see Blazing Saddles, though.
Sephiroth 05-07-2006 10:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Mel Brooks is, apparently, going to do the musical treatment for "young frankenstein" next.

The producers (which I still haven't seen..or..not the musical version)...okay that made sense. This one dosen't seem to make as much, then again I figure it's his movie, and he apparently did this well with the producers, so yeah.

Furthermore..is young frankenstein even out on dvd? I assume it has to be, and I think I've seen it once but I'm not sure.

Yea, Young Frankenstein has been on DVD for a while. I picked it up like 4 years ago.

Anyway, I'd say that my favorite Mel Brooks film is Blazing Saddles followed by Young Frakenstein as a close second.
Darkside 05-07-2006 02:39 PM
I'm torn between Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs
Generalissimo D 05-27-2006 05:32 PM
"Either you put out, or he don't get out"

Young Frankenstein and History of the World Pt. 1