Crash beats Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture Oscar

Generalissimo D 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Why is George Clooney famous?
Blue Crow 03-09-2006 01:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
Why is George Clooney famous?

because he is an attractive, charming, and distinguished gentleman.

and it helps that he has been in a few good films.

-BC
Nine Kuze 03-09-2006 01:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
In other articles, the dude was like this: Its a lose-lose situation with the Academy regarding Brokeback and Crash. If it goes for Brokeback, then people will look at the Academy as racist. If it goes for Crash, then people will then look at the Academy as prejudice towards homosexuals

Which he himself does, implying the academy functioned on homophobia (or citing "rumors", which I'm sure would have been mentioned by some other writer..yet interestingly, this is the first time I've heard of them) for not voting in brokeback.

And if they did, it would be amusing in light of Clooney's "Hollywood always leads the vanguard in matters of civil rights" speech.

Also, I forget if I said they should have given David Strathairn best leading actor for goodnight and good luck, but...they should have.

The internet has now been made aware of this.

Actually, no. Hoffman rightfully deserved the Oscar for Best Actor. He played and nailed the sh*t out of the Truman Capote role. But if for some God forsaken reason he didn't win, then yeah I can agree with you that Strathairn should have won.

Hoffman > Strathairn> Phoenix > Ledger > Howard
That's how I see it nonetheless.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 03-09-2006 02:54 PM
quote:
Actually, no. Hoffman rightfully deserved the Oscar for Best Actor. He played and nailed the sh*t out of the Truman Capote role.

I didn't see Capote..so...from the trailers though, it looks like he really did nail that part.

Too bad we don't have awards this year for people who didn't see the movie..."Best potential picture" "Best trailer" "What very well may be best actor/actress" "The cinematography looked good from the ten seconds I saw" and so on.
Nine Kuze 03-09-2006 03:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Actually, no. Hoffman rightfully deserved the Oscar for Best Actor. He played and nailed the sh*t out of the Truman Capote role.

I didn't see Capote..so...from the trailers though, it looks like he really did nail that part.

Too bad we don't have awards this year for people who didn't see the movie..."Best potential picture" "Best trailer" "What very well may be best actor/actress" "The cinematography looked good from the ten seconds I saw" and so on.

And the winner of "Best commercial review of the movie by some unknown columnist" goes to...

Also, in regards your other reply Sharpie, I liked Clooney's acceptance speech at the Oscars about the Academy, civil rights, and Hattie McDaniel. That was real classy and he held it down well. Also, yeah, its going around now that the older members of the Academy got hit with the homophobic bug and fled over to Crash.

That reminds me of the clip they showed about cowboys and how they weren't anything like that in Brokeback Mountain. Good stuff.
Peace.