Shinigami no Ballad

Green_Bird 03-05-2006 11:35 PM
I just got done waching the first episode. It's a cute series...the full name of it is "Shinigami no Ballad: momo the girl god of death". I don't normaly go with cute drama series....but this one seems worthwhile.....

quote:
A girl wrapped in white, her name is Momo...in her hand lies a blunt yet shiny scythe. By her side is a wingged black cat by the name of Daniel. Carrying the souls of humans, the girl's existence parallels to that of a "Death God" or "Shinigami". At the instant when this white Death God touches the hearts of humans, the world is filled with kindness and grief...

(From: ANN)

Offical sites:
http://www.momo100100.com/
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/100100/

Other people who have seen it say that it's a "reverse" Jigoku Shoujo..... Having never seen Jigoku Shoujo....I can't say that it's true. But anyway, if you like Shoujo-ish type dramas, then you'll like this one. But don't take my word for it....go watch it yourself, see what you think. It's on Youtube if you don't want to download it. You'll be surprised....

(On a side note, that artical I posted a while back was right....what is with this current influx of Shinigami anime o_O ?)
Asirt 03-06-2006 11:23 AM
I just finished watching the first episode of this series. It seems interesting so far, but I'm not sure what to think of this series yet. Considering that only one episode has been released so far (and it's a very new series, as far as I know), Shinigami no Ballad is something that I'll keep in mind as more episodes start airing and more fansubs are released.

Momo is quite an interesting God of Death. Her job is similar to that of the Grim Reaper, but she also has compassion for the souls that she takes. Daniel is interesting as well, though not much is known about the winged cat yet. It also looks like there will be six episodes total (according to ANN). The opening and ending themes are nice to listen to, though I perfer the ending theme, in my opinion.

Overall, the series is good enough that I'll continue to watch it. For those who are interested in watching the first two episodes, click on this text.

---------------------------------

In case anyone's wondering, even though I have Momo as my current avatar and sig, my opinion about Shinigami no Ballad / Ballad of the God of Death still stands. I just happen to think she's avatar/sig material. Big Grin

My favorite part in episode 1? The fact that there's a license for everything! Tongue

[Goes to watch the second episode]
Asirt 03-12-2006 06:55 PM
Well, after finishing the second episode, I now have a better idea of what I think about this show. Right now, it's still too early to say if I like it or hate it, but I do have more thoughts about this episode and the series in general:

The animation quality is nice. It may not look like its novel counterpart, but it's very nice. Right now, I can say that both Momo and Daniel are my favorite characters. Of course, this makes the series hard to like when they are not always the main focus of the story.

spoiler (highlight to read):
It was a nice change in this second episode from the "someone dies, Momo appears, she tells you a moral, and you do your best" kind of deal. I thought this would be the formula used for this series, but I was wrong. I found it strange that Momo would tell the main character in episode two that he was going to die before he was suppose to. I wondered why she did that.

Then I realized that she possibly may have helped him to get him to change himself (at least that was what I thought). The only question is, did he? Well, I'm not really sure of that.

The music is all right at times, but leaves much to be desired. It worked for some moments, but for others it didn't work (such as the organ music playing during that love scene in episode two; I chuckled a little when the music started playing.). It's not that bad, though.

I can see now why some people will not like this series, and it's because the episodes deal with one shot characters. It can be difficult getting to like the main characters for that episode when you know that they will no longer be in future episodes. I guess for a series such as Shinigami no Ballad, it works out.

Right now, it's so-so. As I continue to watch, my opinion may change.

---------------------------------------------------

I almost forgot. One formula that has stayed the same is that ID card. I wonder where you must go to get a license to become a God of Death.Tongue