The Super Robot Wars are coming.

Cecil XIX 03-04-2006 11:57 AM
Atlus announces both 'Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation' games

No Big O or Gundam yet, but If this takes off who knows?
Generalissimo D 03-04-2006 12:17 PM
FTW.

If either of those games include Tekkaman Blade and Big O in the same cartridge, I'll be happy to no end.

WEEE!
Darkside 03-04-2006 01:01 PM
This is AWESOME! Its about time some one tried to bring the Super Robot Wars over here. I just hope it encourages bringing over the rest of them.
Wingnut 03-04-2006 04:02 PM
If this first offering is a sucess, then we can certainly look foward to more translations of the later installments in the SRW universe.
M.S. Feather 03-04-2006 10:02 PM
Finally!

This is wonderful news. I was almost certain this would never happen but I guess dreams can come true (thank you Atlus!).

Ooh, now I can't wait for summer.
Sephiroth 03-04-2006 10:28 PM
Oh happy day! Somebody finally had the bright idea to bring over one of the greatest franchises of all time! I will be at a store the day the first game is released. I seriously hope they bring more SRW over, even though I know they will dominate my life.
Darkside 03-05-2006 08:52 PM
I was wondering if we are blessed enough to get more SRW, do you think they'd get the original english voice actors to do the voice overs?
Cecil XIX 03-06-2006 05:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
I was wondering if we are blessed enough to get more SRW, do you think they'd get the original english voice actors to do the voice overs?

We can certainly dream. Hearing David Lucas or Dave Pettit on a GBA would be gaming bliss.
Mr. Saturn 05-22-2006 11:18 PM
If you guys want more SRW buy these. They're OG so don't expect to see a single robot your recognize. Unless of course you PLAY SRW.

OG being original generation. These are all robots Banpresto created for Super Robot Wars games. Also don't expect to hear voice overs on a SRW GBA game. The most you'll get it like. A clip of a guy saying "GET! GET! GETTA GET!" during the Getter Robo theme. Seriously though. The PS2/Sega Saturn games are amazing. Don't waste your time holding out for the GBA games. Go import or something. You will NOT regret it.
Mr. Fortnight 05-23-2006 12:40 AM
Well, recognizable or not, there will be a lot of fun to be had smashing things with a giant robot. That's good enough for me!

If only it had Nobel Gundam. That would be FOR THE WIN.