Episode 48 Discussion: "Goodbye"

Shredder 02-25-2006 10:59 PM
Only 4 episodes left! Frown Tonight's ep sets up the last few as well as includes some interesting plot twists. Not much more to say so as not to spoil anything. Enjoy! Happy
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-25-2006 11:32 PM
What a plot twist I must say. I wasnt really watching when Al dissapeared, so what exactly happened to him? And, I just realized why Tucker couldn't attatch a soul. Remember when Ed acted right away and was willing to give up his arm, leg, and heart? Tucker had to go to the other side (I cant remember the name so I thought the term in S-CRY-ed sounded correct Big Grin ) to get her soul back.
Volt 02-25-2006 11:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by VashTheHumanoidTyphoon
I wasnt really watching when Al dissapeared, so what exactly happened to him?

Envy pretty much just picked him up and walked off.
Pretty good episode, but man that Thingham guy was a retard. Roll Eyes Anyway, I hope Wrath gets his monkey ass kicked soon. He's had it coming for the entire season. And it looks like Archer is gonna get spanked.
Jstar136 02-26-2006 09:33 AM
DOMO ORIGATO, MR. ARCHER!

It's cool how Izumi has become somewhat of Ed's mother.

When Ed transmuted the pistol into a foot, I was expecting him to shoot Tucker with it. Shocked

At the end, where did Ed and Mustang split to? I thought they were both going to the Fuhrer's house...
Ano Hito 02-26-2006 04:45 PM
I loved how Izumi was missing a son and Ed was missing a mother, and they really seemed to complete each other in this episode.
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-26-2006 05:09 PM
yeah, it's kinda funny how Ed and Izumi put so much into it and were like co-operating on equal levels with each other
AlexRosewater 02-26-2006 05:54 PM
O.O Dude! When I saw Archer. I thought I was on some kind of wierd acid trip with robocop and the terminator. Besides that... The episode was golden with Ed and Roy moment and even the team up with Ed and Izumi.! prime cut Fullmetal Alchemist!!!
Wingnut 02-26-2006 06:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jstar136
At the end, where did Ed and Mustang split to? I thought they were both going to the Fuhrer's house...

Ed's going after Dante and Mustang is going to deal with Bradley/Pride.
Xero-Hour 02-27-2006 01:13 AM
Im realy glad Archers mouth doesnt move when he talks that would have ruined the whole show for me if they had metal reacting like flesh .

but im wierd like that . Awsome episode
Gato Gurl914 02-27-2006 08:58 AM
true. archinator was awesome. mouth/gun was sweet too.
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-27-2006 10:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xero-Hour
Im realy glad Archers mouth doesnt move when he talks that would have ruined the whole show for me if they had metal reacting like flesh .

but im wierd like that . Awsome episode

I agree, and my brother does 2 times over Cool
Gato Gurl914 02-28-2006 10:47 AM
i just thought of something totally awesome. what if archinator had a stephen hawking computer voice?
Nine Kuze 02-28-2006 02:19 PM
Colonel Archer's back! Don't call it a comeback!

Anyway, the episode was alright. Funny and interesting seeing Envy use Winry's form like that. But the thing I don't understand is is that Edward fought like hell against Sloth, Wrath, and Tucker for the protection of Alphonse. Then Envy comes along for three minutes and just walks off with him without so much as an argument. Weird...

But yeah, Izumi and Edward have always had the mother/son relationship and Izumi with Alphonse as well. It's just funny watching Izumi and Ed because they both have short fuses. The Tringum brothers are back Sweatdrop . Never really liked them much, but they give Ed something that's pretty damn important.
spoiler (highlight to read):
The whereabouts of the hidden city under Central City is today, the place where Dante is. It also describes how to create and to destroy the Philosopher's Stone.

Watching Armstrong try to recruit the other officers in mutiny against Pride was funny. Man, YOU WANT PROOF?! Big Grin Funny stuff, and I thought that was Havoc posing as Mustang but I didn't expect to see Fuery (or is it Breda?) dressed up as Hawkeye. Ed and Roy's talk was detailed and interesting and them saying goodbye was a nice touch, with Ed slapping Roy's hand away. (That's the last time they see each other... until the movie of course.) So, Roy is off to fight Pride and Ed is off to Dante. Cool, cool. But did you guys see the preview for the nest episode?! That's what I'm waiting for> Pleased
Peace.