If Dreams Came True...

Ace378 12-27-2006 10:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Asirt
The only way to be sure is if I had the BD Discs, had a BD-ROM drive for my computer, and loaded up the disc. I could tell you for sure if it really takes 50 GB or not. Someone on the Internet did a calculation, and the total memory for 4 episodes was about 35 GB of data.

Yea I kinda wish I could do that: just put it in and take a little peek at how much memory each disc holds. But to tell you the truth if it really comes out to 4 episodes taking up 35gb thats not bad at all. Its actually a lot more than I expected per episode. One more thing about the new op: in the scenes with kano don't you think that dress flutters just a bit to high somtimes??
Asirt 12-27-2006 10:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace378
One more thing about the new opening: in the scenes with Kano don't you think that dress flutters just a bit to high sometimes?!

Sweatdrop ...This Is Anime™, so... Tongue
Asirt 12-29-2006 04:04 PM
Which version is better?

You be the judge.
Asirt 03-12-2007 11:07 PM
Are you, the AIR fan, sad that there's been nothing new since the Blu-ray box set was released? Are you underwhelmed by the overall performance? Are you upset that Kanon is getting more attention and care than AIR is?

While I can't help you with the Kanon problem, I can say that the visual novel will be getting a new release soon. Prototype will be porting the video game to the SoftBank 3G cell phone, and will be released May 1, 2007. But wait! You don't have that cell phone? No problem. Prototype will also be releasing the game for the Playstation Portable that same month. Now while you're eating at that fast food restaurant hanging out with your gangstas, you can bring the summer adventure with you. Big Grin
IanC 04-27-2007 03:53 PM
http://animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=1026

ADV Films Acquires Air

Fan-Favorite TV Series Launches in August, Movie to Follow

HOUSTON, April 27, 2007 — Today ADV Films co-founder Matt Greenfield announced that ADV has acquired exclusive home video and broadcast rights in North America for the anime series Air and the 85-minute Air Movie. Greenfield made the announcement during a panel at Anime Matsuri, South Texas’ largest anime convention. Volume one of the four-disc Air series will hit store shelves August 14, and the Air Movie is slated for release in late 2007.

Air is a fan-favorite series in Japan, having placed #32 in TV Asahi’s all time Top 100 Anime list (2006). A product of the famous production studio Kyoto Animation (Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Inuyasha) and director Tatsuya Ishihara (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kanon), Air is easily one of the most-anticipated series to reach our shores this year. The standalone Air Movie, which was produced by Toei (Air Gear, Kanon) and directed by Osamu Dezaki (Black Jack The Movie), is a fitting finale to the Air mania sweeping North America.

In announcing these acquisitions, Greenfield said “as anime fans ourselves, we’re very excited to announce that ADV will be releasing Air, as it’s already being ranked as one of the most popular anime titles of all time in Japan, and the fans who have seen it here the States are equally enthusiastic in their praise.”

Greenfield continued, “we’re also pleased to say that, while negotiating a title that’s split between two different licensors can be tricky, we have indeed secured the rights for both the TV series and the movie, thereby insuring total continuity between the English language versions.”

Synopsis: Yukito Kunisaki is a wandering puppeteer on a jouney to find “the girl in the sky,” a tradition his family has held for generations. Upon arriving in a new town, he is befriended by a lonely young girl named Misuzu, who offers him a place to stay. Yukito soon begins to suspect that Misuzu has ties with “the girl in the sky” when she begins to speak of dreams of flying, but before his suspicions are confirmed, Yukito meets two more mysterious girls. Now Follow Yukito as he pieces together the lives of three different girls to discover the truth of “the girl in the sky.”

Totally did not expect this. I would of put any money on FUNimation getting it (since theyve picked up two other fan favourite visual novel based anime - Rumbling Hearts and Shuffle)
Ace378 04-27-2007 05:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by IanC
http://animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=1026

ADV Films Acquires Air

O.o Man this is some pretty awesome news. As for ADV getting it maybe since FUNimation has those other two (Rumbling Hearts and Shuffle!) ADV wanted to jump into the frey with Air. At anyrate both FUNimation and ADV have pretty good voice actors on roster so either would have been fine with me. Man august is so far away but you know I wonder, are we looking at regular dvd quality releases or at hd releases as well?
Asirt 04-27-2007 08:14 PM
Just read this news today; this is great! Big Grin It looks like the licensing costs rumor might not be true after all. You can be sure I'll pre-order this when it comes out.

The chances of other Key shows coming to the US has just increased.
IanC 04-28-2007 10:42 AM
Some confirmations have been posted on animeondvd.com-

Air Update (06:32 PM EDT): For the hardcore Air fans, we have confirmed with ADV Films that they do indeed have the license for the two episode In Summer specials that came out in 2005.

Air Goes Monthly (06:59 PM EDT): According to some extra information received that will delight Air fans, the release will be done on a monthly basis instead of the usual two month method.

Im still hoping for some UK news by August (which is why part of me hoped FUNimation would get it, since they are releasing seemingly all their shows in the UK now, even smaller stuff like Rumbling Hearts) but if not i will import Smile
Ace378 05-29-2007 02:56 PM
Well just was browsing through the ANN Encyclopedia and thought I would check and see if anything was new for Air. Turns out some of the cast has already been chosen. Looks like a pretty solid cast so I don't think it will be bad when it is dubbed.

----Cast----

Luci Christian as Haruko Kamio

Monica Rial as Misuzu Kamio

Vic Mignogna as Yukito Kunisaki

Christine Auten as Hijiri Kirishima

Kira Vincent-Davis as Minagi Tohno

Tiffany Grant as Potato

Brittney Karbowski as Girl B (Ayu Tsukimiya)

Jessica Boone as Girl A (Nayuki Minase)

John Gremillion as Keisuke Tachibana

Kelly Manison as Minagi's Mother
IanC 06-01-2007 11:56 AM
Yes theres a guessing game going on over at animeondvd.com.

No UK news at the recent London MCM Expo Frown and the fact that ADV UK annouced UK licenses of other recent US licenses makes me think it wont be getting a UK release. Oh well, ill just have to import it.

edit - final cast list fresh from the typing fingers of Mariela Ortiz

Yukito Kunisaki – Voiced by Vic Mignogna

Misuzu Kamio – Voiced by Monica Rial

Kano Kirishima – Voiced by Stephanie Whittles

Minagi Tohno – Voiced by Kira Vincent Davis

Haruko Kamio – Voiced by Luci Christian

Hijiri Kirishima – Voiced by Christine Auten

Michiru – Voiced by Serena Varghese

Potato – Voiced by Tiffany Grant

Minagi’s Mother – Voiced by Kelly Manison

Keisuke Tachibana – Voiced by John Gremillion

Girl A – Voiced by Jessica Boone

Girl B – Voiced by Brittney Karbowski

Girl C – Voiced by Tiffany Terrell
seraphjei 06-13-2007 11:44 PM
After seeing Air I am convinced that anything Kyoto Animation produces is pure gold. Kanon, Air, and the soon to be released Clannad. I might actually start playing some of the games made by Key just for the hell of it.