Adult Swim is showing Big-O again. (oops, nevermind)

paul1290 02-24-2006 08:51 PM
Just letting everyone know. It will be showing again at 5:00 a.m. starting March 6.

Update:
Unfortunatly, Big-O was just taken off the schedule and replaced by the Gary Coleman show for the rest of the month. Mad Mad Mad
David Ryder 02-24-2006 08:59 PM
Good news indeed, however it's once again on at a rather bad time.
Jstar136 02-25-2006 09:45 AM
Grrrrrreat! It's on again!

Deprrrrrresing, it's on when no one will watch. Crying
paul1290 02-25-2006 09:50 AM
It's not that bad. Some people are more comfortable watching it at that time (I am).

I see your point though. That's the time where they usually put the less popular shows. Oh well, at least it's better than nothing.
Schoolie 02-25-2006 10:01 AM
I'm just glad they're nice enough to keep these shows running. I like how they alternate re-runnings of some of the "greatest hits" anime: Big-O, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Trigun, etc.

It's not like I usually catch these shows at their later times. But it's nice to catch them every once in a while. In a way, it's like welcoming back an old friend. (Even though I have some of these on DVD and others recorded on VHS.)

Now, if they'd only re-run some of these:

Outlaw Star
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain
Trigun (it's been a while)

Although, I know some of these shows have issues with copyright and such. Oh well.
Randolph 02-25-2006 11:30 AM
My sleeping schedule is changing, with my now going to bed at 2:00 Am.
Each night that increases by anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.
So, by the time it's showing, I'll be up in time for it without even trying.

Lulz 4 me!!
The_Big_G 02-25-2006 11:34 AM
Good! It's only been a few days, but I'm already getting extremely tired of the Gary Coleman and Super Harlem Globetrotters cartoons in that slot.
Amaya-chan 02-25-2006 12:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
Now, if they'd only re-run some of these:

Outlaw Star
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain
Trigun (it's been a while)

They lost the rights to Outlaw Star a long time ago, so that won't be back. I would like to see Trigun again, though, and I've never seen Wolf's Rain or Robin. How are they?
Randolph 02-25-2006 12:29 PM
Witch Hunter Robin's pretty good. If you don't mind digital animation.

I never saw all of Wolf's Rain, but I don't think it did very well
by the fans. It was a little weird and awkward.

But, they're both worth watching at least once.

And yes, they do need to bring back Trigun.
Cel animation is teh pwnz0rz.
spiked-knives 02-25-2006 07:44 PM
I would serioiusly go frkin nuts if they brought all of those shows back, they were great.
BethMcBeth 02-25-2006 08:11 PM
SCORE! Yes a total Score! I am happy and I being the crazy person that I am love the time slot it has Kudos to CN! Thanks for the update!

-Beth
Lost_Cyborg 02-27-2006 04:50 PM
*sobs quietly* but I bet it STILL won't be back on over here in England. *kicks CN and Toonami* Oh-well, I'll continue to hope.
Randolph 02-27-2006 04:55 PM
They will be starting from the beginning, no?
I really didn't care much for Season 2, and I don't yet have Season 1 on
DVD, so hopefully they'll show it in order.
paul1290 03-06-2006 07:20 PM
Update:
Unfortunatly, Big-O was just taken off the schedule and replaced by the Gary Coleman show for the rest of the month. Mad Mad Mad

Dang it! It's as if they are actually trying to poke fun at Big-O and it's fans!!!
Hobodoken 03-06-2006 07:23 PM
... wait, Gary Coleman has a cartoon show?
6 moon dance 03-06-2006 08:08 PM
Big O replaced by the Gary Coleman Show Shocked Shocked Shocked
Are we going to take this lying down?
Of course not!

Go to the Adult Swim Action forums, type, Big O Gary Coleman, into Search. That will get you to the Big O replaced by Gary Coleman thread then tell AS what you think of their programming.

According to Kim Manning in Ask AS, one of the way AS judges which shows to air is by the amount of "buzz" a show generates on the AS forums.

quote:
From Ask AS.
17. I'm wondering: is there any criteria you have for deciding which anime shows to acquire? - Adam Bomb
...Then, what is demand like? What are people asking for on our boards? What's getting the most fan subs created, what has the most buzz?

So the more posts we put on the Adult Swim forums, the more likely we are to get Big O back. Unless you'd rather see the Gary Coleman Show.
David Ryder 03-07-2006 02:36 PM
they do shows based on forum buzz?well if that where the case, season 3 would have been made and released already.
Nine Kuze 03-07-2006 03:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
they do shows based on forum buzz?well if that where the case, season 3 would have been made and released already.

That is pretty much true. And pretty damn cool if that happened because so many shows would still keep on going at this moment.

quote:
... wait, Gary Coleman has a cartoon show?

Yeah, that's the most surprising thing about this whole topic. Who the hell knew. Next thing you know, Pam Anderson would have her own cartoon show....

... Wait a minute.
Peace.
R.Smith 03-07-2006 03:59 PM
Hmmm, the Gary Coleman cartoon?

Isn't that rather old, I think I saw it once or twice, he's an angel, etc?

Very odd to pull that out of the dumpster and replace Big O with it. Confused
X Prime 03-07-2006 04:00 PM
Yeah really. If they were gonna pull that stunt, that should have replaced it with something decent.

Isn't Gargoyles on that time slot for Toon Disney? There's a good alternative.