Episode 47 Discussion: "Sealing the Homunculus"

Shredder 02-18-2006 11:13 PM
Sorry I'm a little late here, but here's the discussion thread for the new ep. Ed and Al confront Sloth, the homunculi who they created. Enjoy! Happy
Sephiroth 02-18-2006 11:31 PM
Geez, now I have more reasons to absolutely loathe Wrath. Why did he have to go and kill Lust, she was an awesome character.Then, he goes and kills Sloth too. What an idiot.

Anywho, it was interesting to learn about how the homunculi were plagued by the memories of their previous selves, and even more interesting to see how Sloth was turned into the state that she was in when she died, and Pride's relation to her previous employment. I didn't quite understand Wrath's memory of when he was around the door, did he meet Sloth before she was a homunculi or something? It's all very confusing. Cool to see the Greed references in tonight's episode too, especially how Ed killed Sloth by turning her into ethanol. Winry's smile at the end was kind of creepy though. Good episode, and I cannot wait to see the next.

P.S.
Did anyone else find Al to be a tad annoying in this episode?
Xero-Hour 02-19-2006 12:06 AM
I like how he turned his arm into a gun .....and Winry is gunn kill him foor screwing up another arm
Raven 02-19-2006 12:26 AM
Wow, is Lust really dead? That wasn't much of an ending for a major character whose been around since the first episode. But if she is really dead, I guess that kills any arguments about her winning the homunculus battle royal since Wrath showed her. Tongue Seems we are getting close to the end. Can't wait to see Ed confronting the rest of the homunculai and Dante.
paul1290 02-19-2006 10:27 AM
Wrath must be really psychologically messed up.
Gato Gurl914 02-19-2006 11:01 AM
awesome episode. i was hoping sloth would kill tucker. also i have a feeling that "winry" is actually envy.......
Phantom X 02-19-2006 12:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gato Gurl914
awesome episode. i was hoping sloth would kill tucker. also i have a feeling that "winry" is actually envy.......

I had that exact feeling, too. Which brings up the bigger question of will Ed see the difference? (Al most likely wont, I think the stone is seriously messing with him.)
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-19-2006 03:49 PM
Did you see how easily Wrath turned Lust human?
Jstar136 02-19-2006 04:05 PM
Well, did Lust turn human? It was a sealing circle, not one that turns her human. I think she was just weakened by the locket and then killed by Wrath. What a bastard!
AlexRosewater 02-19-2006 05:46 PM
wow.... another reason to hate Wrath... I started to really like Lust since she seemed to drift away from the rest and started her own destiny. I wish Tucker would leave he causes too much trouble for everyone... Can not wait to the next episode...!!!!
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-19-2006 09:55 PM
but wrath said something about "if that's how easily humans die, do I want to be human?" or something to that nature. You're right either way.
Shredder 02-19-2006 10:00 PM
Yeah, I think it's more like Lust was "human" only in the fact that she was now able to "die" (with the locket and sealing circle). She was still technically a homunculus, though.
Sephiroth 02-19-2006 11:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
Yeah, I think it's more like Lust was "human" only in the fact that she was now able to "die" (with the locket and sealing circle). She was still technically a homunculus, though.

Indeed, since Greed went through the same process and was still able to transmute his skin into coal, he could not have been human. Therefore, though Lust had the human quality of mortality, she was not truly a human being. Though one has to wonder, if what Lust really wanted was a soul, and she already had her own memories and was making decisions for herself, like Greed, didn't she already have one? I just can't understand what it is that the Homunculi are looking for,I mean Lust and Greed seemed to be basically human beings, except for the inablility to die, and the whole superhuman powers deal.
NVWC2006 02-19-2006 11:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Indeed, since Greed went through the same process and was still able to transmute his skin into coal, he could not have been human. Therefore, though Lust had the human quality of mortality, she was not truly a human being. Though one has to wonder, if what Lust really wanted was a soul, and she already had her own memories and was making decisions for herself, like Greed, didn't she already have one? I just can't understand what it is that the Homunculi are looking for,I mean Lust and Greed seemed to be basically human beings, except for the inablility to die, and the whole superhuman powers deal.

I believe he modified his body to be like tougher carbon. if it were coal, u could have just lit him on fire and watch him explode.

I believe that they DO have souls, but they don't THINK that they do... well some don't. they are beings from within the gate that gained memories of the human they were formed during the transumation of. their souls are from beyond the gate. but they believe they don't have souls because of the way they were created and their lack of memory from beyond the gate.

the way i understand it, the ones that are on they're own that wanted the stone... they just want to try and live life like a human, and get rid of all the other crap in their 'fake lives' they have to deal w/now..
Nine Kuze 02-20-2006 10:39 AM
So that's what Izumi looks like with her hair down. Nice...

Um, anyway. Not a bad episode and it was interesting to see how the Homunculi are actually more "human" than we were originally set to believe are how the different theories clash with each other. Is she their mother but not complete or she is just a failed copy of the original?

Forget Envy, Wrath's a little bastard. From the way he yells all the time, from the way he dresses (WTF?!), to the way he killed Lust, I hope he gets his (he doesn't but still, I just wished he did).

I didn't really have a problem with Al in this episode, I just wish he helped Ed fight. Like pound Wrath into a bloody mess. I mean the kid can't help it, Sloth is practically (in a sense) his mother... just with black hair. Big Grin

Also, it was interesting to hear Sloth's whole side of the argument. Saying that she has to kill Edward and Alphonse because she thinks that will stop the memories she has from Trisha Elric. And Ed has his technique down pretty well from the exploding automail to reconstructing Sloth into a whole new element. And Wrath fused himself with her. It's like he wants us to hate and be annoyed with him or something... and he's doing a hell of a job at it too.

That's not Winry... That's exactly what I thought when I first saw her (ENVY!) and the preview seemed rather intereting, with no music and I think that (spoiler)...
spoiler (highlight to read):
I think that the last time Edward sees Roy Mustang. Until the movie of course but I think Ed and Roy say goodbye to each other as they both go off to fight Pride and Envy.

Peace.