Ds Ftw!

Generalissimo D 02-16-2006 06:58 PM
Hobodoken 02-16-2006 09:17 PM
Hot damn.

Hm... might be a good way to waste that $800 I've got lying in the bank...
Sir Nise 02-17-2006 07:32 AM
Yeah I heard about it on Fanboy Revolution. I will need to buy a DS for serious now.
Buck Buck #1 02-17-2006 12:34 PM
Take that haters. Anyone who didn't think that the DS was going to be better than the PSP should probably rethink that.
Jonny Axehandle 02-17-2006 03:30 PM
*goes to preorder new Mech game*
Sephiroth 02-19-2006 07:29 PM
Well I think the DS just hooked me. I'm going to have to look into picking one up, especially since mech games rule, and Sean Connery endorses it. Way to go Nintendo, you have officially owned Sony.
Shredder 02-19-2006 10:05 PM
The DS is the best system since the Dreamcast, IMO. Big Grin I love it. Not that I don't love the PS2 and GC, but just for unique games and selection specific to the system, well, there you go.
Travis Bickle 02-19-2006 10:12 PM
All it needs is the ability to link to the pc and play mp3s and .mp4 videos and it would render PSP useless.

Though I think PS2 is better than any system ever made. Why?

That's why
Generalissimo D 02-19-2006 11:19 PM
That Play-Yan adapter pretty much does what you just mentioned.

And Katamari will defect to the DS.

Mark my words.
Travis Bickle 02-19-2006 11:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mark my words.

It was cancelled. Which sucks, because a friend of mine was going to buy a DS just because of that. He's too cheap to buy a PS2 again (he had one before me but it was past warrenty and had the disc read error), and doesn't want to buy a PSP. But when he was down here, all he did was play Katamari when we weren't doing anything else.

And yeah. Play Yan. Freaking sweet. Just try to convice people why they need to buy it and BAM! "WHY THE f*** WOULD I WANT TO PLAY A MGS CARD GAME AND WASTE $300 ON IT!?" would be heard around the world.
Generalissimo D 02-19-2006 11:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mark my words.

It was cancelled. Which sucks, because a friend of mine was going to buy a DS just because of that. He's too cheap to buy a PS2 again (he had one before me but it was past warrenty and had the disc read error), and doesn't want to buy a PSP. But when he was down here, all he did was play Katamari when we weren't doing anything else.

It will return.

quote:

And yeah. Play Yan. Freaking sweet. Just try to convice people why they need to buy it and BAM! "WHY THE f*** WOULD I WANT TO PLAY A MGS CARD GAME AND WASTE $300 ON IT!?" would be heard around the world.

I can't tell if that was sarcasm or serious. But its probably the fatigue doing this. I agree regardless.
Travis Bickle 02-19-2006 11:46 PM
I like the idea that I can keep Game Saves from my PSP (and soon to be PS3), music and movies, and my digital camera pictures all on the same memory card. However, I'm not going out to buy a Play-Yan because my PSP can already do that crap, and I don't want to buy an SD memory card.
Shredder 02-20-2006 11:07 PM
Ehh...I like my video games systems to play games, but that's just me.
Randolph 02-20-2006 11:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder

Second'd.

Devices need to be independent and dedicated.
I'd rather have one machine that does one thing well,
than one machine that does everything poorly.

I'd elaborate, but my mind is weakening with drowsiness and my
examples would be very feeble indeed.
Generalissimo D 02-20-2006 11:23 PM
quote:

Which is why the little add-ons will be just that. Add-ons.
Travis Bickle 02-20-2006 11:27 PM
quote:

Don't tell me that you don't want your own custom entrance music and movie in a wrestling game Tongue
Patsai 02-21-2006 10:13 AM
Speaking of which...

All hail Sega

NOTE: Choose New Game. Also, this will spoil the ending of FF VI for you.
Schwarzwald 02-21-2006 02:08 PM
The only problem is that the resolution is poor, the speakers seem less subtle, the screen is not designed for movies, and that there is no good storage device for it other then the DS cart itself,(a GBA cart would be hard to carry). Any adapter would just cause the memory cards to jet out of your DS.

the DS will never replace my PSP, and the fact I don't need a game to get online or friendcode to play on friends is great. The DS won't excell the PSP in its media. I'm pretty sure of that being the PSP had a primary design for display.
Patsai 02-21-2006 09:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
the DS will never replace my PSP, and the fact I don't need a game to get online or friendcode to play on friends is great. The DS won't excell the PSP in its media. I'm pretty sure of that being the PSP had a primary design for display.

All valid points, but you still can't ignore the fact that the PSP falls short because of its one major problem that makes every area of it suffer: the limited storage space. This is apparent in the memory cards and the UMDs themselves. Besides the games, it's a multimedia device that just falls short of being a reliable media device.
Travis Bickle 02-21-2006 09:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald

All valid points, but you still can't ignore the fact that the PSP falls short because of its one major problem that makes every area of it suffer: the limited storage space. This is apparent in the memory cards and the UMDs themselves. Besides the games, it's a multimedia device that just falls short of being a reliable media device.

Wait...what? Last time I checked, A UMD holds at least 5 times as much data as a DS card, and the memory cards range from 32 MB to 2 Gigs (or the 4 gig battery-powred hard-drive).