Ds Ftw!

Asirt 07-09-2006 01:01 PM
Nintendo DS Browser in Japan on July 24th.

---------------------

Word has it that the US version may be released sometime in December.
Wazpy 07-09-2006 05:12 PM
Now I love DS. Way, way more that PSP. However, I have a problem in that it fails as a portable system for the following two reasons.

1. The microphone doesn't work in cars or planes.
2. You can't charge it if you leave America (Different outlets). Where's the option to use batteries?
Travis Bickle 07-09-2006 05:29 PM
I, too, have converted from the PSP to the DS, and am waiting for the browser to come out.
Generalissimo D 08-01-2006 06:40 PM
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/ds/elite_beat_agents/

I'm not really one for those games, but I know some of you like them.
Asirt 08-24-2006 09:50 AM
DS Browser Hits Europe on October 6th

Still no word on an US release...
Shredder 08-24-2006 09:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
Now I love DS. Way, way more that PSP. However, I have a problem in that it fails as a portable system for the following two reasons.

1. The microphone doesn't work in cars or planes.
2. You can't charge it if you leave America (Different outlets). Where's the option to use batteries?

Just a couple comments on this. I can't say I've tried using the mic in cars or planes, but at least from my experience, the mic typically isn't a major feature for most games. At the very least, there are enough DS games that don't use the mic at all or very little to still make playing it in cars and planes a good idea. Also, about the battery thing. I was looking around on E-Bay and noticed that there are a few different accessories that you can use to charge it without using a regular plug. I saw something (3rd party) called the Emergency Battery Charger, where you can plug the DS into a small battery pack powered by AAA batteries to recharge it. Also, they make a USB cable that allows you to charge the DS through a computer. I think there are ways around both problems if you look for them. Happy