why so much hate?

Nine Kuze 02-15-2006 02:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
on a side note i believe the final episode dosent even have them killing naraku! from what i was told, they just agree to keep searching for him.

I think somewhere, one of the producers said if people wanna see the end then they have to buy the entire manga, all 40+ vols.

That's just sick and cruel... but one hell of a marketing strategy. Big Grin
Peace.
Ace378 02-15-2006 02:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by GatoGurl914
on a side note i believe the final episode dosent even have them killing naraku! from what i was told, they just agree to keep searching for him.

Unfortunatly, that's true and which makes the 4,789 episodes that we've watched sort of like a waste of time. It kind of begs the question of if the enemy was even killed than what the hell is the point?
Peace.

That just goes to show you that we need more episodes of Inuyasha!
><
And im sure this feeling of incompleteness would fill most people but in all honesty the last ep doesn't really give you that feeling.
Schwarzwald_X 02-15-2006 04:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
It's pretty much a feudal Dragon Ball Z.

Very true. I was actually a DBZ fan though.... can't say the same about this series. The characters and the plot have gone nowhere in about 1000 episodes. I'm exagerating on the episode count... but honestly... not much has happened.
Raven 02-15-2006 07:38 PM
Speaking of repetitiveness, didn’t they just reuse the Water God plot in last night’s episode? I could have sworn they faced a villain with the exact same name about 85 episodes ago. Now that I think about it, it was a false Water God both times…
Gato Gurl914 02-16-2006 08:37 AM
i have all 24 american released graphic novels.......
StevieV019 02-16-2006 09:14 AM
InuYasha just isnt interesting...in my opinion. It just doesnt grab my attention and it goes on and on. In my opinion, there are better anime series' out there that deal with the similar subjects or genre that InuYasha deals with. (See Kenshin, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc. etc.)
Sharpshooter005 02-16-2006 09:49 AM
quote:
Sango getting pissed

Still waiting for the "fifteen minute flipping-out-with-boomerang montage"
Mr. Fortnight 02-16-2006 11:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gato Gurl914
Disclaimer- I am not trying to instagate or start a massive internet fight/argument, I'm just looking for opinions on the matter.

All I want to know is why there is so much hate for "Inuyasha"? Personally I find it to be a pretty good anime. However, there are some anime fans I've talked to that harshly disagree. I suppose all I really want to know is why so many people seem to hate it with a vengance, like it kicked their dog or something.

I don't mind InuYasha, I sorta like it even. My only grief is that if you wander into that series (like I did), in mid-stream, you get lost. Very lost.

Then, especially recently, you only get spoon fed previous episodes.

I've only watched like... 10% of the series. That makes me one sad panda.
Xel 02-18-2006 03:19 PM
You want a truly awesome Takahashi series? Watch/read Urusei Yatsura. That's where it's at.
The Big Finale 02-18-2006 03:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
You want a truly awesome Takahashi series? Watch/read Urusei Yatsura. That's where it's at.

Eh, I prefer Ranma 1/2.

As for Inuyasha... basically ditto everything everyone's been saying. Too long, too much filler, not enough character development, etc. etc.
stryker 02-18-2006 03:55 PM
I think the main problem with Inuyasha is that Takahashi tried to make an "everything" anime that all ages could watch. So it goes from deadly serious to Love Hina cute on a whim. The fillers unfortunately are silly for the most part. The long unnecessary expositions are too numerous, along with the long numerous flashbacks. What is it with some Japanese writers that spell some things out to excruciating detail?

I think the length would be fine if it was a more serious anime, like Big O, Hellsing, or Vampire Hunter D. How many comic series are shorter than a thousand issues?

Frankly I'm a fan. It's got characters with lots of heart, and when you step around the silly stuff - like the whole dumb schoolgirl from the future-amazon warrior thing, it's got an actual fairly inteligent mature plot. I realized that the reason the characters develop so slowly is because you're spending practically every day with them. How far do you progress as a person in six months? You're pretty much the same too.

Rumiko does milk it way too much, and the fillers do hurt that. It's not like she doesn't have a ton of material. That puzzles me still.

I do think it boils down to the fact that some people can't stand a pixel of cute, or a certain style of cute, and that's okay.
David Ryder 02-18-2006 03:59 PM
Takahashi does that with anything she makes, and have yet to see something she has created that isn't long and drawn out (or interesting for that matter). If I want something long with actual story and substance, I'll stick with Berserk or Kenshin.
Nine Kuze 03-22-2006 03:26 PM
I'm bringing this thread back because for one reason... InuYasha had finally decided to call it a comeback.

Now I knwo many members on the forums here don't like InuYasha and I can completely understand why. And ever since the new episodes on adult swim have been airing on Tuesdays, the InuYasha I knew and got interested in feel apart and started to suck... HARD.

But now, I watched the latest episode last night and its about time InuYasha starting to get interesting again. Basically, the plot is about Hojo in the past trying to get rid of this demon sword that has crazy powers. Kagome and Hojo get lost in a forest and they rest of a while, eat some food, and Hojo tries his game at her with lines like "Kagome, I would jump at the chance to marry you!" Anyway, Inuyasha is fighting the demon who wants the demon sword that Hojo has with him but Inuyasha is getting his handed to him. Kagome and Hojo are found by a trio of demons, whose under the command of the main demon that Inuyasha is fighting. Although one of the demons is (I think) a guy who a drama queen with glossy red eyes and red lip gloss (...O_o). Anyway, the demons attack Hojo and Kagome pulls out her sacred arrows and goes Robin Hood on them. But the main demon that Inu was fighting appears and kidnapps Kagome, demaning that Inuyasha give him the demon sword or Kagome gets it.

Actually, compared to the rest of the other godawful episodes they've been peddling out lately, this one was actually really good. And I don't remember the previews but I remember Miroku getting attacked and a lot of blood showing, coming from his back so that interesting. Anyway, I just hoping that InuYasha will get interesting again.
Peace.
C.R Foxhound 03-22-2006 05:40 PM
Im still waiting for either Sango or Kagome to use a swear word, how many eps has it been? not one H-bomb, unaccecptable!!!

But i've alway liked Inuyasha, the middle part tends to get redundant, the first season i think was good and i still enjoy watching the first eps, but peoples gripes with it are true, but i like it

And for some reason, i think Miroku would be perfect as the lead role in "Hustle and Flow 2"

"Its hard out there for a pimp"

true dat,playa,true dat
Nine Kuze 03-22-2006 06:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
Im still waiting for either Sango or Kagome to use a swear word, how many eps has it been? not one H-bomb, unaccecptable!!!

But i've alway liked Inuyasha, the middle part tends to get redundant, the first season i think was good and i still enjoy watching the first eps, but peoples gripes with it are true, but i like it

And for some reason, i think Miroku would be perfect as the lead role in "Hustle and Flow 2"

"Its hard out there for a pimp"

true dat,playa,true dat

The H-bomb? If you mean hell, than they've both have used that already. It cute when Kagome swears like that though. Big Grin

And I've already cast Miroku in the "Hustle and Flow: Feudal Era Japanese Remake". It stars Miroku, characters from the feudal era, and Anthony Anderson.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 03-22-2006 07:06 PM
quote:
Im still waiting for either Sango or Kagome to use a swear word

I'm sure theres probably at least one episode where one of them fights snakes Or...a snake-esque demon.

So obviously...ADV or whoever should go back and dub in "WE'VE GOT MOTHERf***IN SNAKES!" to that.
Nine Kuze 03-22-2006 07:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Im still waiting for either Sango or Kagome to use a swear word

I'm sure theres probably at least one episode where one of them fights snakes Or...a snake-esque demon.

Yeah, there is in an episode where Naraku hires a dark priestess to poison Kagome and have her kill Inuyasha. And she poisoned Kagome with what... a snake. That was actually a pretty good episode.

quote:
"WE'VE GOT MOTHERf***IN SNAKES!"

Actually, I think either Sango or Miroku says that. I'll look it over again because it was those two that planned to take out the snake. Anyway, it would be cool it Sango said though. Smile
Peace.
David Ryder 03-22-2006 07:20 PM
I didn't really pay attention, I think I dozed off, InuYasha does that to me. How many more episodes of this drek are still left? They've used the "OMFG Miroku is a perv!!!" joke so much it's become worn out, oh wait that joke was old from episode 1. I guess the key to being a great manga/anime creator is....

1. Shallow charecters
2. no plot development or very little
3. drag story out with pointless filler

There's more but I I gotta get back to playing Suiko V
Raven 03-29-2006 08:34 AM
Well, I just watched another episode of that mini-series they have going on right now and I have to say that’s I’m far from impressed. I find it troubling that I ever even once liked this series. As far as this latest thing goes, the only thing even remotely original was the story about the two weapons. The villains were completely lame, and they seem more or less like rejects from the four or five other groups we’ve seen already. Hell, speaking of unoriginal, the main bad guy’s design is like a mirror image of the first movie villain. Also, the heroes don’t seem to have developed much at all since the series began. That’s hard to believe given all the chances they’ve made.

For those of you who haven’t seen movie 1 but have watched the episode, here is the character I was talking about.

David Ryder 03-29-2006 09:50 AM
I caught last nights episode as well. It sucked like almost all of InuYasha. The weapon story was pretty cool but the bad guys...wow using the chinese guardian beasts as charecter's, man that was original. Speaking of which, boy it took them long to think up those charecter designs. Long (Dragon), Gui Xian (Turtle), and Bai Hu (white tiger) also Feng Huang (Bird) was gay? wow so original. I suppose their leader was suppose to be Huang Long, who's genrally ignored in anime and he's a golden dragon.