New Frank Miller comics on the way

DorothyFan1 02-14-2006 07:45 PM
I have the entire Sin City comic book series and I saw the Sin City movie when it came out. So I was thrilled to read that Frank Miller is coming out with more stuff...especially for the Sin City franchise he created and awesome news about Batman comics he's doing.

About the Batman comics...Batman Year One, Batman The Dark Knight Returns, and Batman The Dark Knight Strikes Again are absolute classics. Along with Kingdom Come from DC Comics...these are the best comic books ever made. So I was floored to read that Batman will now turn his sights to fighting al Queda terrorists. And according to Frank Miller...it's going to show Batman kicking al Queda's ***. I can't wait. He's also said this is the best he's ever done in comic book art...so I'm really looking foward to this event when it's finally published.

I also can't wait for new Sin City comics. Frank Miller has confirmed he's doing more of them...yeah! Wooo hooo!! I can't wait for these to be published. Some of them will include post Hartigan death comics with Nancy Callihan in them. The hints I've speculated on the Nancy character from those clues from the comics already published could mean this post Hartigan death Nancy Callihan will blow me away. I'm trembling from the excitement just anticipating what he's done for Nancy Callihan...and I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of deadly little Miho. Miho is Frank Miller's masterpiece creation. She's simply awesome.
Sharpshooter005 02-14-2006 08:16 PM
quote:
I also can't wait for new Sin City comics.

I'd never even heard of the comics before the movie, but I'm interested in seeing these.

Also I want to see the sequel. Since...apparently the ninja chick has rollerblades in it or something. A ninja on rollerblades is about ten times more lethal and by extension ten times as awesome.
David Ryder 02-15-2006 02:19 PM
good news. I like the sin city comics, so the more the merrier. also...

quote:
t's going to show Batman kicking al Queda's ***

That should be pretty funny. lol
IanC 02-15-2006 04:05 PM
Yay for World War 2 style propaganda!

Roll Eyes
Sharpshooter005 02-16-2006 01:10 PM
quote:
"Holy Terror, Batman!"

Comedic genius, I love it.

Which is exactly why I'm afraid it'll be changed either by the marketing department, or some complaint from a special interest group. It's too good.
Nine Kuze 02-16-2006 02:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
I also can't wait for new Sin City comics.

I'd never even heard of the comics before the movie, but I'm interested in seeing these.

Also I want to see the sequel. Since...apparently the ninja chick has rollerblades in it or something. A ninja on rollerblades is about ten times more lethal and by extension ten times as awesome.

I'm more the same way as Sharpie but for me, I'd never heard of the comics before I saw the movie, and I never heard of both before I found out that Jessica Alba was going to star in "some movie" as a stripper.

But with the Batman piece, its rather interesting to see the Dark Knight fighting terrorists such as Al Queda. Now if they can only throw the Joker in there, I'd be set. Pleased
Peace.
X Prime 02-16-2006 02:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by IanC

"Fight terror today! Post something relevant and interesting!"

You know it! Tongue

World War 2-style propaganda is the best propaganda.

Heh... More Batman is always good. Maybe they can sneak in whats his name... Raz Al Ghul?
Nine Kuze 02-16-2006 02:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by IanC

Maybe they can sneak in whats his name... Raz Al Ghul?

I was going to mention him! Ra's Al Ghul (with the Joker) is the best villain in Batman, hands down. They'll probably make him the true leader of Al Queda. Now that would be interesting.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 02-16-2006 03:08 PM
So is this going to cause an enraged mob to appear outside of DC's corporate headquarters.

Since apparently that can happen when you print a comic.

quote:
"Fight terror today! Post something relevant and interesting!"

BACK THE ATTACK.
David Ryder 02-16-2006 05:49 PM
quote:
World War 2-style propaganda is the best propaganda.

Indeed it is, Especially if a bunch of japanophiles see it and loose their Sh**, good times.

quote:

Gee wiz I sure hope we don't offened anyone.
Generalissimo D 02-16-2006 06:38 PM
I have a tape of cartoons with some WWII propaganda. Donald Duck is in them.

Lulz.

So yeah...why hasn't Batman died yet?
Hobodoken 02-16-2006 06:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
So yeah...why hasn't Batman died yet?

Batman is more immortal than you know, knave.

*shakes fist*
DorothyFan1 02-16-2006 07:09 PM
Have any of you seen the Bugs Bunny cartoon from the early 40s? I was watching the Cartoon Network..and it was shown during the LATE evening hours but I was surfing...and there it was...a very old Bugs Bunny cartoon...where Bugs Bunny was at war with the Japanese.

It was incredible...when you view it...because the Japanese cartoon enemy was shown having huge buck teeth, thick eyeglasses, etc. And this cartoon was NASTY. I watched horrified but fascinated as Bugs Bunny was fighting an unconventional war by sticking dynamite and GRENADES in cigars, food and clothing to wear out the Japanese enemy.

Can you IMAGINE Warner Bros doing this TODAY with Bugs Bunny against Arabs?! The media would kill Warner Bros for even THINKING about it. So let's be grateful Frank Miller is bold enough to do this with Batman by not cowering in fear.
David Ryder 02-16-2006 07:22 PM
The warner bro's WWII cartoons are tame in comparison to the disney ones. I've seen a ton of old WWII cartoons, and the reason we don't do this sorta thing anymore is PC (which I hate with a passion). It wasn't "nasty", but accepable during the time at which it was created, today we are so worried about people or ethnic groups being offened at every corner, it sad.