Episode 46 Discussion: "Human Transmutation"

Shredder 02-11-2006 10:55 PM
What will happen with Tucker and Al? What will Ed and Dante do? Find out next on a new episode of FMA! Enjoy! Smile
Raven 02-11-2006 11:57 PM
Hahaha good episode. Envy totally owned Pride there. So much for his ultimate eye. Not to spoil too much, but I can't wait to see what happens with Lust in the next few episodes.
Sephiroth 02-12-2006 12:02 AM
Well, that was absolutely awesome. Tucker finally got his daughter back, but it was all in vain, as she had no soul. I suppose that Sloth is now taking Al, who appears to be be falling apart because of Tucker's use of the Stone. Yet another reason to hate that guy. Roy and Armstrong are off to the battlefront, where Envy is supposed to kill them, though it seems as if just wants to focus on Ed and Al. It was pretty cool how Roy used his team's injuries as an excuse to keep them safe in Central, he really does care about those guys. Lust has joined up with Ed, which is cool. We get to see a more human side of the homunculi, instead of just the evil/crazy side we normally see. Speaking of evil/crazy, Wrath seems to be really attached to Sloth, he seems to see her as a mother of sorts, which was pretty obvious after when she said that she was leaving. I have to wonder what that underground city is beneath the Military's headquarters, it looks cool though.

Oh, and I would just like to say, that if that had been the Manga Fuhrer (Wrath), Envy would have been alive for about 12 seconds after punching him in the face. I really was hoping the Bradley would show that little brat what for.
Hobodoken 02-12-2006 12:23 AM
>_>

I was kinda hoping Ed would take his arm and leg from Wrath when Lust spear'd him in the head.
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-12-2006 01:01 AM
I swear, it gets harder and harder to follow FMA all the time. The story line is getting really complex.

Ed will probably have to make quick use of the stone after this Shocked
Jstar136 02-12-2006 10:35 AM
Though if he does, then Al will lose his hold on a "body"...
(Note the hole in his armor after the transmutation)
Phantom X 02-12-2006 01:16 PM
I do have to say that in the end, Ed and Al are going to cut it close when they get back their original parts. They are going to have to make a copy of Als body, as Tucker did with his daughter, steal or make a new arm and leg for Ed, and make Lust human. Worst comes to worst Ed will forget about getting his arm and leg back and let his brother use the rest of the stone.
Raven 02-12-2006 07:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom X
I do have to say that in the end, Ed and Al are going to cut it close when they get back their original parts. They are going to have to make a copy of Als body, as Tucker did with his daughter, steal or make a new arm and leg for Ed, and make Lust human. Worst comes to worst Ed will forget about getting his arm and leg back and let his brother use the rest of the stone.

Hmm, I would agree with you, but FMA tends to have bad endings for everyone no matter what. I just can't really see this show doing something different and having a happy ending.
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-12-2006 08:48 PM
Episode 52 must be the final episode. Tucker's an ass. Why'd he do that. He knew he would screw up Ed and Al. Scar's work went all to waste.

I doubt Al would accept even after hours of Ed begging.
Shredder 02-12-2006 10:39 PM
51 is the last episode. Only 5 more to go... Frown
Gato Gurl914 02-13-2006 12:19 PM
envy's temper tantrum was fun...
Nine Kuze 02-13-2006 01:04 PM
Ehh, the episode wasn't bad but I felt like it was "lackluster" compared to the other ones that have been shown recently. But it still was a good episode though.

I thought it was interesting how Izumi said that the old dating system that the country used was based off the birth of Christ, which isn't used anymore. And a couple of episodes back, Date said that there was an ancient religion that noticed only one god. I don't want to give anything away so to speak because to the outline and like Shredder said, there's five episodes left, but still very interesting.

Hey, Armstrong got promoted to Lt. Colonel! And also Envy made "his" return and threw a temper tandum when "he" heard that Hohenheim was "dead". This was a good scene and everything but Dante and Pride ruined for me when they KIND OF revealed Envy's secret. Dante said that "he should have been he's most precious child" and Pride blew it all away before when he said; "Missing your father. I'm touched." Although, it was very funny.

I'm seriously starting to really loathe Wrath, and yeah, he sees Sloth as his mother. I read somewhere its kind of like a pathetic attempt to take everything away from Edward, first his arm and leg then he wants to take his body and take away the thing that's supposed to be his mother.

Lust is great to watch and her sequence with Edward was pretty fresh. And I'm not really going to say anything about Tucker because well, he's a bastard and Alphonse shouldn't have gone to meet with him. Also, I have a question: If Tucker completed the human transmutation with his daughter, then why didn't have a soul? If it wasn't a complete human transmutation, then what exactly did he do and why did Sloth say that he DID complete a h.t. Just wondering.
Peace.
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-13-2006 08:07 PM
Someone said (I forget who but I think it was Lust) that it takes a very strong will to attatch a soul. (notice the other puppets made by him were lifeless)
Nine Kuze 02-14-2006 01:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by VashTheHumanoidTyphoon
Someone said (I forget who but I think it was Lust) that it takes a very strong will to attatch a soul. (notice the other puppets made by him were lifeless)

Um, yeah. That's true and it was Sloth who said it. But if that's the case, then what the hell did Tucker do with Alphonse when he activated the Philosopher's Stone?
Peace.
VashTheHumanoidTyphoon 02-14-2006 07:19 PM
Maybe he tried to attatch a soul but totally botched it and then had nothing to show for his arrogant waste of Al (or the Philosopher's stone)
Jstar136 02-14-2006 07:29 PM
Perhaps Tucker created a "doll" that can walk and talk, but can't fall in love or understand emotions?

Or maybe Tucker plain sucks?

And by sucks, I mean he sucked part of Al's soul.
Hobodoken 02-14-2006 07:59 PM
I think he just was trying to remake her body, since he had been under the impression that he could use his memories of Nina to give her a soul, as seen back in Lab... whatever when we first saw him with his new body.
Gato Gurl914 02-14-2006 08:45 PM
i want to stab tucker. i hate him worse than winry.
Nine Kuze 02-15-2006 01:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gato Gurl914
i want to stab tucker. i hate him worse than winry.

You HATE Winry?!

But you guys do make good points about Tucker's plan. Trying the whole "use his own memories bit" to re-create another Nina. But weren't there more bodies of Nina present? Ol' boy Tucker probably used them as material by means of equilavent exchange. Oh well...

Also, yeah, Tucker's straight up an a**hole. I like how he got his in the manga (for those of you you've read it, I think you know what I mean. Pleased )
Peace.
Gato Gurl914 02-15-2006 02:29 PM
ah yes. i enjoyed that.