Eh? 3do.com has ceased? What?

Randolph 02-10-2006 08:48 PM
Maybe I'm behind the times. I probably am. But this I found honestly confusing.

I have the Might and Magic Millenium edition, with M&Ms IV, V, VI and VII.
I got it sometime in 2000-2001. I have not played it in a while, but since I got back to Starcraft and got it updated online I figured I'd do the same with my other old favorite.

I run the update program, hoping to find some good updates or patches or what have you. It stops suddenly, and cannot find the server. Odd.

I run the links in the Support folder. Somehow, www.3do.com is categorically unavailable. The other sites work fine, but for some reason the main 3do site is gone.

Now, something might have happened to them, such as going out of business, and I just never heard about it. What happened to them? Does anybody know? Am I doomed to be stuck with my old outdated M&M7?

Any insight on the issue is appreciated.
Generalissimo D 02-10-2006 09:01 PM
Randolph 02-10-2006 09:18 PM
Well, that's just sad. And I was hoping to get some leet upgrades.

Ah, well. Cest-la-vie. I'll live.
There's still Majesty. There's always Majesty.
Mike 02-10-2006 10:00 PM
I remember the 3DO. And the CD-i. Both were hyped as the most awesome thing in the awesome history of awesomeness. They both were overpriced and sucked. I remember 3DO making a few, fairly decent games for a while.
David Ryder 02-10-2006 11:27 PM
3DO's been dead for awhile and honestly it's no loss in my book. TThey made some decent PC games however their PS2 titles where awful....just plain awful and the 3DO system was overpriced and over hyped.
Travis Bickle 02-11-2006 01:42 AM
Too many Army Men games is what did them in. Finally Sarge got killed.
paul1290 02-11-2006 08:52 AM
3DO made some pretty good games. They weren't great but still, Army Men: Air Combat was pretty good.

This reminds me of how Acclaim went bankrupt. Now that was really sad.

Acclaim had made this one really good game called Shadowman. It was one of the best action adventure games I've ever seen. The second Shadowman game wasn't nearly as good though. Shadowman had plenty of potential before Acclaim went bankrupt. They even had plans for a Shadowman Movie.

Oh well, I guess it's goodby Shadowman. Crying
Mike 02-11-2006 10:50 AM
Oh yeah, I remember Shadowman. Its big deal seemed to be that it was extremely dark, violent, and effed up. I think it was really close to getting an AO rating. Didn't it involve being some kind of undead zombie dude who taveled between the living and dead worlds with a teddy bear?

But yeah. Acclaim turned into sheer crap. When they announced they were withdrawing Gamecube support, basically everyone was GLAD.
Brock 02-12-2006 10:51 PM
Ohdamnreally, 3DO died?

I remember playing my Army Men game on my N64 for hours on end with my friends. Something about the concept of being so small and fragging my enemies from around rubber ducks just seemed so appealing. And the Flamethrowing? Don't get me started on the way I whored that Flamethrower. I loved me the smell of melted plastic in the morning, I did.

Too bad, 3DO.