[Other] Big O total conversion for Max Payne 2

corrupt 02-08-2006 04:37 PM
just posting this to see what the response is, i'll do it if enouh people say it's a good idea, i've already got some people (a mapper, a sound guy) to help.
Sharpshooter005 02-08-2006 04:55 PM
I have no idea how this could end up working, but I say go for it.

At best, it'll work. At worst, you'd still wind up accumulating knowledge on how to do a project like this in the future.

(Sadly my computer...seems to not like running games lately.)
corrupt 02-08-2006 05:00 PM
well, me and my "team" can't decide on a character, Roger doesn't use any guns hardly, suggestions please.
The Ghost of Ember 02-08-2006 05:20 PM
Norman or Dastun are the only characters who would really 'fit' as far as using guns I think. That being said, some of the funnest TC's I've seen for First Person Shooters have dropped the gun aspects entirely and focused on something else, of course it would be more difficult in the long run, so you might just want to stick with the whole gun thing.

I don't have Max Payne 2, but I'd be willing to shell out some money for it if a Big O TC was done for it.
Sharpshooter005 02-08-2006 05:22 PM
Angel might fit, since the nature of the game necessitates dives and gunfire ringing all over the place, and crazy moves.

Gun users in Big O...Datsun? Though the idea of Datsun doing a dive seems pretty funny.

Alan? R-D (comedy option sort of).

How big on the setting do you want this to be. We know Norman knows his way around a gun...whats not known is where he picked this knowledge up, or how he may have used it in the past. Those flashbacks of a huge war always made me think he'd been involved somehow.

I know someone will yell about continuity. But if you really need an out...you could make it a prequel of Norman in the war. Presupposing he was some kind of special ops type. Or maybe a side-story about Angel or one of the other ones I named.

Or just..a random character in the general setting of paradigm city? Theres alot of options, you just might have to take a few liberties with the canon of the series.

quote:
First Person Shooters

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are both third person shooters though. There is (was?) a modification to make Max Payne 2 first person. I don't really think the mechanics (the bullet time, the dives) really work from a first person perspective. Though there are half life modifications that have fairly big followings who would disagree on this.

It also might be possible to make this into something more focused on megadeus combat. I'm not really aware if thats possible from either a technical or gameplay standpoint though.
corrupt 02-08-2006 06:33 PM
well, my friend had an idea to have a what if storyline, about a foreign agent sent to kill, roger smith and undermine paradigm. What do ya think.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of Ember
Norman or Dastun are the only characters who would really 'fit' as far as using guns I think. That being said, some of the funnest TC's I've seen for First Person Shooters have dropped the gun aspects entirely and focused on something else, of course it would be more difficult in the long run, so you might just want to stick with the whole gun thing.

I don't have Max Payne 2, but I'd be willing to shell out some money for it if a Big O TC was done for it.

It's only about 5/10 dollars so it's not a wallet-breaker