FMA Books

Phantom X 02-06-2006 07:17 PM
Do the books follow the series or are they complelty diffrent? I was just wondering if I should buy them or not.
Sephiroth 02-06-2006 08:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom X
Do the books follow the series or are they complelty diffrent? I was just wondering if I should buy them or not.

If by books, you mean manga (because there are a couple of actual books if I recall correctly), then they are completely different. You can read up to chapter 54 online, and after the chapters involving Tucker relatively little is the same. The homunculi have different personalities or a different people all together, characters that died in the show live on (not Hughes alas, though his death is different), the origin of the homunculi is different, the whole thing involving the gate is different, and the main villain is a totally different person. In fact, the stuff in the anime right now is not even in the manga. Personally, I like some of the manga much more than the anime, so I'd recommend picking it up (or reading it for free).
Green_Bird 02-07-2006 11:31 AM
Sephiroth alredy exspained most of it...but The anime differs after the 26th or 27th episode....
spoiler (highlight to read):
Manga Wrath is actualy Anime Pride so 'Moofy' (anime Wrath) doesn't exist in the manga. Manga Pride is not known. Tucker gets killed by Scar so chemera Tucker doesn't exist
... not to mention that they changed Elysia's Birthday to coinside with Ed's in the anime (They also use part of a later chapter of the manga for her birth,
exsept Winry and Paninya helped out with Dominique's grandchild's birth....
) Oh and I almost forgot....The manga has Xing. A country that is equil to Asia/China in the real world that was totaly written out of the anime completly probaly due to not having enugh information at the time or to make room for the Dante and the other side of the gate stuff....

Then again....if you mean the novels....episodes 11 and 12 follow the first novel. I'm not to sure if the anime used the other ones or not but the anwser is likely it barowed some parts, some parts were left out.....

Like Sephiroth said the manga is worth checking out. I would like to add that if you like to read....so are the novels...even if they arn't exatlty canon to the progression of the manga.
Gato Gurl914 02-07-2006 11:57 AM
as a fan of both anime and manga and having all five available novels, i definatly suggest reading it. its so awesome. plus all the manga extras..... Drooling
Sephiroth 02-07-2006 05:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Sephiroth alredy exspained most of it...but The anime differs after the 26th or 27th episode....
Manga Wrath is actualy Anime Pride so 'Moofy' (anime Wrath) doesn't exist in the manga. Manga Pride is not known. Tucker gets killed by Scar so chemera Tucker doesn't exist
... not to mention that they changed Elysia's Birthday to coinside with Ed's in the anime (They also use part of a later chapter of the manga for her birth,
exsept Winry and Paninya helped out with Dominique's grandchild's birth....
) Oh and I almost forgot....The manga has Xing. A country that is equil to Asia/China in the real world that was totaly written out of the anime completly probaly due to not having enugh information at the time or to make room for the Dante and the other side of the gate stuff....

Then again....if you mean the novels....episodes 11 and 12 follow the first novel. I'm not to sure if the anime used the other ones or not but the anwser is likely it barowed some parts, some parts were left out.....

Like Sephiroth said the manga is worth checking out. I would like to add that if you like to read....so are the novels...even if they arn't exatlty canon to the progression of the manga.

I can't believe I forgot to mention Xing, becuase that means I forgot to mention Ling, which more importantly means that I forgot about
GREED COMING BACK