Terrible american remakes of foriegn films?

Zopwx2 02-06-2006 07:16 PM
Well now heres what happens when a good american film is ruined in another country: Indian Fight Club
Buck Buck #1 02-06-2006 08:07 PM
That movie looks fresh. For real.
X Prime 02-06-2006 08:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Well now heres what happens when a good american film is ruined in another country: Indian Fight Club

You forget the Golden Rule of the OMG INTERNETS: Anything made in Asia is SUPELIEL!!!!!!!!!ElevenOne

[Hint: LOT of sarcasm... except at the "rule's" existence.]
Generalissimo D 02-06-2006 08:25 PM
Indians arent asian.
X Prime 02-06-2006 08:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
Indians arent asian.

...Last I checked India was squarely on the Asian continent but cut off from the rest by mountains.
Mike 02-06-2006 08:30 PM
Why does it matter?

Let's get back to the crappy movies.
Sharpshooter005 02-06-2006 08:33 PM
quote:
You forget the Golden Rule of the OMG INTERNETS: Anything made in Asia is SUPELIEL!!!!!!!!!ElevenOne

Specifically Japan.
X Prime 02-06-2006 08:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

Specifically Japan.

It's lately been specifically extended to South Korea and is (SLOWLY) extending to what I described above.
Mike 02-06-2006 08:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
quote:

Specifically Japan.

It's lately been specifically extended to South Korea and is (SLOWLY) extending to what I described above.

Korean cars suck. And my Samsung TV broke.

Anyway, there must have been more weird foreign remakes. Like a musical version of Return of the Jedi, or something.
Big Money 02-06-2006 08:37 PM
Kickass. I'm going to Netflix it.
X Prime 02-06-2006 08:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
quote:

Specifically Japan.

Korean cars suck. And my Samsung TV broke.

Anyway, there must have been more weird foreign remakes. Like a musical version of Return of the Jedi, or something.

I know. Again, I was making fun at a certain very vocal sub-sect of Internet denizens.

Well, there was a manga of Return of the Jedi... Or at least Star Wars. That count?

---

AS FOR THE MOVIE...

Eh. I'm not impressed.
Zopwx2 02-06-2006 09:09 PM
DAMMIT LOOK ITS HILARIOUS INDIANS MAKING FIGHT CLUB EXCEPT ITS JUST FULL OF MATRIX STYLE FIGHTS!
Mike 02-06-2006 09:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
DAMMIT LOOK ITS HILARIOUS INDIANS MAKING FIGHT CLUB EXCEPT ITS JUST FULL OF MATRIX STYLE FIGHTS!

Really? Cool. I thought it would have been a musical like almost every Indian movie.

(thanks for getting back on track. That whole OMGINTERNETS tangent was totally pointless and probably ruined this thread. And it could have been a cool thread, too.)
Sharpshooter005 02-06-2006 09:53 PM
David Ryder 02-06-2006 09:56 PM
quote:

Indeed. Also alot of anime fans are what I like to call "Japanophiles" in which anything and everything done in japan is "OMFG it's teh r0x, Am3rica is teh sux." Those folks need help. I like japan and all but they are far from being the cradle of anything and everything cool.
corrupt 02-07-2006 08:44 AM
I saw this weird indian film, it was like the matrix in the lobby (shooting loads of stuff etc.) but they were singing and when it went into bullet time, the singing slowed down, it was kinda funny.
Sharpshooter005 02-07-2006 09:58 AM
quote:
I saw this weird indian film, it was like the matrix in the lobby (shooting loads of stuff etc.) but they were singing and when it went into bullet time, the singing slowed down, it was kinda funny.

I must see this.

quote:
Like a musical version of Return of the Jedi, or something.

Somewhere I have a vhs copy of Empire Strikes Back dubbed in French, if that works for you.

quote:
"OMFG it's teh r0x, Am3rica is teh sux."

Theres footage of their parliament degenerating into a fistfight though. Which I've ALWAYS said is a practice in government which needs to be encouraged.

I want to see more people getting beaten with gutter percha canes in the senate (or was that the house, I forget...in the 19th century someone basically caned an opponent is my point)

quote:
Might making right in the Senate would be terrible. The Senate is supposed to be the Old Boys Club, not some muscle-bound hot shot brawl

Oh I never said it should or would have any effect on legislation. I just find the mental image of flipping on C-Span only to find Orrin Hatch and Ted Kennedy engaged in a knife fight incredibly amusing somehow.

This is assuming its possible for me to find C-Span any more addictive and entertaining than I already do. Which is sort of doubtful.
Hobodoken 02-07-2006 10:06 AM
quote:
Which I've ALWAYS said is a practice in government which needs to be encouraged.

Oh, HELL no.

Might making right in the Senate would be terrible. The Senate is supposed to be the Old Boys Club, not some muscle-bound hot shot brawl.

The House though... eh, the House wouldn't be a loss.
corrupt 02-07-2006 12:29 PM
my mate sukrajh has loads of kool idian films, its like musicals (or a diseny film) with guns and slow motion and the best thing ever, dancing WHILE shooting guns, who cares about musicals when you can watch indian filmsBig Grin
X Prime 02-07-2006 02:09 PM
quote:
quote:
"OMFG it's teh r0x, Am3rica is teh sux."

Theres footage of their parliament degenerating into a fistfight though. Which I've ALWAYS said is a practice in government which needs to be encouraged.

I want to see more people getting beaten with gutter percha canes in the senate (or was that the house, I forget...in the 19th century someone basically caned an opponent is my point)

quote:
Might making right in the Senate would be terrible. The Senate is supposed to be the Old Boys Club, not some muscle-bound hot shot brawl

Oh I never said it should or would have any effect on legislation. I just find the mental image of flipping on C-Span only to find Orrin Hatch and Ted Kennedy engaged in a knife fight incredibly amusing somehow.

This is assuming its possible for me to find C-Span any more addictive and entertaining than I already do. Which is sort of doubtful.

It was sometime before the Civil War... an abolitionist was caned bya southern Democrat.