[Comment] Ban Political/Religious Conversation.

Mr. Fortnight 02-05-2006 09:15 PM
Okay, based on recent observations and the general attitude as of late of the PCF, I believe it is time to enact a ban on all Political/Religious conversation here since it causes constant flame wars.

Obviously some people can't be wrone, and some people must always be right, so instead of letting this problem continue, it's time for a stop to all of it.

Certain regulars have used this "arena" to make the PCF look bad and now I feel it's time to clean this blemish off of the PCF.

Why wait for another flame war? Ban the threads NOW.
Travis Bickle 02-05-2006 09:20 PM
Krang already said something along the line of "if I have one more problem with something like this, it's your ass".

But thanks for playing.

However, fights break out in pretty much any kind of thread (not always, but a handful of times), and certain people have fragile feelings/are heavily paranoid and always take things the wrong way. I don't think anyone is trying to make this place look bad. I just think peoples' emotions, beliefs and feelings get in the way of it sometimes. But this happens everywhere, and cannot be prevented. Banning such threads is kinda dumb and lame.

This thread really serves no purpose other than to try and get myself and several other forum members in a heap of trouble for no apparent reason. Thus, I think it's kinda spammish, no?
Mr. Fortnight 02-05-2006 09:34 PM
"Another problem like this and it's your *expletive deleted*"? Wow... then he's being real lenient.

As for being soft and paranoid, nice way to hide an insult in your post. Same old song and dance.

You, X, 0082nd_Depth (jeeze he needs an easier name), and a couple others need a damn hard reality check.

Then again, the PCF will be dead from your trolling and flaming long before that.

Yeah, I'm being aggressive. I have nothing to lose. I got no connections here anymore. Most of the stuff I enjoyed has been trolled into lockdown or into a near inedible paste.

Doing the above would start to get the damn chokehold off of the PCF.
Travis Bickle 02-05-2006 09:43 PM
You pretty much started this thread with the intention of starting a flame war. Now you have yourself one. Congrats.

It's really funny when you try to get something done to do away with "evil forum nazis" when you yourself don't have much nice to say at all. Please stop it. It's becoming a joke over AIM between about 8-10 different people (myself included) that's starting to get old and annoying.

Oh, and you're taking this to seriously. It's an anime forum. Not a way of life. You should know that, with you being about 10 (+/-) years older than most of us.
Mr. Fortnight 02-05-2006 09:47 PM
And you thought it cute you trolled my live journal if I remember correctly. Oh, and that little prank you pulled on me with your little buddy X.

You know, I really don't care what you and your little friends think, and I really don't care what I say anymore.

I've been in these damn forums for going on 3 YEARS now. I've only had problems with you guys recently and I've had enough.

The Mods won't do nothing, the Admins won't do nothing, and everyone turns a blind eye while the forum dies around them.

There, I've said it. You happy everyone? Someone needed to say it and I've said it.
Hobodoken 02-05-2006 09:50 PM
*blink*

... what?

What's wrong with Political discussion?

Also, please remember rule... whichever rule that says to leave stuff from off the forums off the forums.
Travis Bickle 02-05-2006 09:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Agent Paper
And you thought it cute you trolled my live journal if I remember correctly. Oh, and that little prank you pulled on me with your little buddy X.

You know, I really don't care what you and your little friends think, and I really don't care what I say anymore.

I've been in these damn forums for going on 3 YEARS now. I've only had problems with you guys recently and I've had enough.

The Mods won't do nothing, the Admins won't do nothing, and everyone turns a blind eye while the forum dies around them.

There, I've said it. You happy everyone? Someone needed to say it and I've said it.

That's off the forums, dude. It's no holds barred off the forums. So whateva. And, come to think about it, I really only talk to X Prime when a) I have news about Grandia or b) when you have a tantrum like this. That's pretty much it

And you've been here for almost two. The forums have been here for a little over 3 years, and, looking at your join date...yeah...let's just end there.

I really think that, if you have such a big issue and, as you said, nobody likes you on here (or some variation of that statement), then you really need to leave if it deeply depresses you that much.

I really don't think I did anything wrong here.
Mr. Fortnight 02-05-2006 09:52 PM
I know, I know, but Cerpin has violated that on multiple occasions. I'm just up what he's been doing.

But my rant still stands, and I'm not retracting it. Damn the consequences, I feel better for coming out and saying it in a public setting. It needed to be said.

And Cerpin, stop comming off as innocent in all this. You stir me up every time I've had one of these "little rants". You know it, but won't admit it.

Then again, I've stopped caring what you think long ago. As for leaving? Meh, it'd do me some good, but it's no guarantee you'll find some way to harass me away outside of here.
Travis Bickle 02-05-2006 09:54 PM
quote:
I know, I know, but Cerpin has violated that on multiple occasions. I'm just up what he's been doing.

But my rant still stands, and I'm not retracting it. Damn the consequences, I feel better for coming out and saying it in a public setting. It needed to be said.

So this is just an extreme way of venting? Way to go, man.
Mr. Fortnight 02-05-2006 09:56 PM
Go take a flying leap with your "Sage" friends. Let's see if you fly.
Dude Love 02-05-2006 10:00 PM
quote:
Go take a flying leap with your "Sage" friends. Let's see if you fly.

Uh...WTH?

Seriously, (1) you're not particularly helping the situation you perceive right now with comments (which don't make sense to me, on top of that) like this, and (2) I really don't see much of a problem. It's been ages since a religious/political thread has popped up on PCF, and even longer since one broke out in a flame war. If you're really worried about flames, you should be petitioning to close down the MFL (since that's been more of a hot-bed for arguments and flames than The Speakeasy).

It just doesn't make sense why this is (1) necessary for the forum and (2) why you suggest it now.
Mugiwara Luffy 02-05-2006 10:02 PM
Usually those type of threads are fine until someone like Agent Paper posts, someone disagrees with him, and then he takes it as a personal attack.

Honestly. Why should you get so worked up over an internet Forum? Banning interesting discussion in which topics can be debated with some civility, so long as people like you don't throw tantrums, is tantamount to shutting down the forums altogether.

Besides, this issue between you and Scott SHOULD be off the forums entirely. It's a sign of immaturity that you actually WANT it to be public. "Oh look, I'm right and he's wrong. He keeps attacking me! Come save me, Krang!"

Your like the fool who walks into the lion's cage with meat pinned to your jacket. You're just asking to be attacked. Hell, even I've joined the fray, only because I'm sick of it. Plus I don't want intelligent discussion banned.

The REAL problem around here now is an influx of n00bs who post pointless, one-line responses in every topic. They should be warned before we just ban discussion. How would one go about that anyway? Just delete every new topic. It's absurd.

I've said more than I wanted to.
Mr. Fortnight 02-05-2006 10:06 PM
Well, for one thing I'm sorry for blanketing you into probably my last gasp here, of all fo the "Sages" you're probably theonly one I percieve with neutrality.

As for my whole view on this, perhaps I am letting my sorry MFL experience color my anger here, but there have been times that certain individuals have simply used the Political/Religious arena to bash someone they don't like or percieve as a newb.

Corrupt is a prime example. He deserved his warning yes, and I fully expect one myself, but he was goaded into his reactions every time.

If that isn't the definition of trolling nothing is.

Several emmbers I have talked to have expressed concern that the PCF itself is becoming a troll hotbed.

I won't name names because they might recieve some retribution out of it, nor do I wish to draw them into this arguement.

I need to air out my grievances in a way for all to see where I'm coming from.

I feel like I have no area to express my recent disgust.
Buck Buck #1 02-05-2006 10:13 PM
Agent Paper, ever since you said that you were leaving all i've seen you do is just rant about how the forums are dieing and yell at people. If it's really as bad as you're saying it is then leave, either that or just stay and stop freaking out all the time.

These are not your forums, so stop trying to act like you have to save them. PCF is doing fine and the only indication otherwise is you yelling that they are dieing in every post you make.
Travis Bickle 02-05-2006 10:13 PM
quote:
Corrupt is a prime example. He deserved his warning yes, and I fully expect one myself, but he was goaded into his reactions every time.

If that isn't the definition of trolling nothing is.

Not really. He usually say something along the lines of "America sucks. It's better in the UK." Someone comes along and tells him that what he said is wrong, biased and stupid, and he drops the f-bombs.

quote:
Several members I have talked to have expressed concern that the PCF itself is becoming a troll hotbed.

I won't name names because they might recieve some retribution out of it, nor do I wish to draw them into this arguement.

We all know who they are, and the majority of us are glad that they no longer post here. They have an IRC room to talk about their cats and the powerful significance and deep meaning behind the word "the".

quote:
I need to air out my grievances in a way for all to see where I'm coming from.

I feel like I have no area to express my recent disgust.

So...what you're saying is that this thread was pointless and all you did was express your distaste and anger for people you absolutely hate in a very immature manner? Awesome!
Mugiwara Luffy 02-05-2006 10:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
We all know who they are, and the majority of us are glad that they no longer post here. They have an IRC room to talk about their cats and the powerful significance and deep meaning behind the word "the".

Do they really still do that? If so, pathetic.

I also think that forums are "dying" but I attribute it more to the fact that Big O isn't on Adult Swim anymore. Or at least that there isn't something as Big as the Second Season to draw people here. The few of us that remain remember the good 'ole days and as a consequence, we perceive that the forums have died. The newbies that show up either have one or two questions about the show, or think that this is just like every other forum in the world and think they can just post whatever they want.

There's nothing we can really do to give the forums a jolt. The added FMA and Champloo subforums intrigue mainly current memebers and don't bring in two many new ones. Plus, we've basically talked about everything there is to talk about, save current events.

My points are mainly for the Forum Veterans, as we remember how this place once was, and what has been discussed. I hang around because I have nothing better to do. My activity has decreased; I don't post as much as I used to. But I don't think I'll ever leave permanently. Krang would have to shut down PCF once and for all first.
Mr. Fortnight 02-05-2006 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bun Bun
Agent Paper, ever since you said that you were leaving all i've seen you do is just rant about how the forums are dieing and yell at people. If it's really as bad as you're saying it is then leave, either that or just stay and stop freaking out all the time.

These are not your forums, so stop trying to act like you have to save them. PCF is doing fine and the only indication otherwise is you yelling that they are dieing in every post you make.

Fine point, but I'm not going to leave on your say so.

As for my opinion on the condition of the forums, if they aren't dying, they sure as heck aren't looking as healthy as they did when I first joined.

And Cerpin, if I remember correctly, he didn't start dropping his F-Bombs untill provoked.
Generalissimo D 02-05-2006 10:24 PM
quote:

quote:
Also posted previously by Agent Paper

If its really become such a problem, I have but one suggestion.

Go away. Click the X. Alt+F4. Shut off the monitor.

Leave PCF to "rot".

Really. If your gonna leave, don't express "concerns" about it. For all you know, this could be an elaborate AI project.

quote:
Your like the fool who walks into the lion's cage with meat pinned to your jacket. You're just asking to be attacked. Hell, even I've joined the fray, only because I'm sick of it. Plus I don't want intelligent discussion banned.

I agree with this sentiment. But I'm not up for defending Cerpin Taxt.

You aren't any more innocent than him, Scott. You just don't act paranoid thinking theres some secret club trying to make PCF into 1984:The Forum.
Travis Bickle 02-05-2006 10:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:

You aren't any more innocent than him, Scott. You just don't act paranoid thinking theres some secret club trying to make PCF into 1984:The Forum.

Wait...what? I'm confused. Sanji wrote that.

And I personally don't go out of my way to piss off Agent Paper/Ensign. For some reason, he snapped and started thinking that I was plotting against, and then went on this big rampage and started spamming in threads about it.
Mugiwara Luffy 02-05-2006 10:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox

I think he meant it as an additional thought. And he's kinda right. You do get your kicks by fighting with people online, don't ya.

Isn't PCF like 1984? I mean, Krang is Big Brother, right?

I think there is a group of people who dominate the forum, but only because they are on it for so much. However, they should realise that they have no real power.

Anyone who takes this stuff too seriously is a fool. And I think I'm starting to take it too seriously...so goodbye.