Episode 45 Discussion: "The Rotted Heart"

Jstar136 02-05-2006 12:29 AM
So, wassup loyal fans? We're nearing the end of our journey. I beat you to the punch Shredder. Tongue

More of the relation between Dante and Hoenheim is revealed along with Dante's intentions.

Edward is starting to gather his tools to destroy the Humunculi.

Tucker reappears to instruct Al...
Hobodoken 02-05-2006 12:33 AM
I liked the episode, showed some more history, like that Ed and Al's father has a friggin Philosopher's stone. Also, pretty creepy how Old chic is fattening Rose up...
Shredder 02-05-2006 12:33 AM
Thanks for starting the thread, Jstar! Sorry, I missed the first showing tonight (I'll catch the replay), but it is a great episode. As you mentioned, there was a lot of new info revealed, setting up future episodes as we get near the end here. I hope everyone's still watching!
Phantom X 02-05-2006 12:30 PM
I was really disappointed about the meeting with the Furhur and Mustang. I really wanted to see
A) Mustang make an aggressive confrontion
B) A fight. Lets face it, no matter how much you can see, fire still kicks anyones ass.
and
C) Armstrong kick ass muscles Tongue

As for the whole 'gate' thing, their father WILL be back. All he has to do is wait for someone to open the gate again. I also think that Als body is beyond there, so his father (just a prediction) may bring it back out with him.
Sephiroth 02-05-2006 02:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom X
I was really disappointed about the meeting with the Furhur and Mustang. I really wanted to see
A) Mustang make an aggressive confrontion
B) A fight. Lets face it, no matter how much you can see, fire still kicks anyones ass.
and
C) Armstrong kick ass muscles Tongue

As for the whole 'gate' thing, their father WILL be back. All he has to do is wait for someone to open the gate again. I also think that Als body is beyond there, so his father (just a prediction) may bring it back out with him.

Well, if Mustang fought the fuhrer at that time, he would more than likely die. The only reason Ed could beat Greed was because he had already been weakened from exposure to his old body. Mustang doesn't have Bradley's old body, so Bradley would not have been weekend, and would have undoubtedly killed him, especially since Homunculi really can't die without exposure to their old bodies.

Anywho, good episode. I was actually glad to see a confrontation between Mustang and the Fuhrer because it means that they are now officially enemies. Learning about Dante and Hoenhiem's past was interesting, as was the whole, souls rotting away bit. The transmutation circle baby was a little odd though. I suppose that Lust is back with Dante for the time being too. I do not like the fact that Al is meeting Tucker, that can only mean very bad things. Also, did anyone notice that the guy Dante originally put Hoenhiem into looked a bit like the Fuhrer?
MercZ 02-05-2006 09:17 PM
An interesting episode. We get to see insight into Hohenheim's past and successful creation of the Philopsopher's Stone. The only thing I'm confused about is what happened to the stone that was created- Was it used up, or did its effectivity die off? Either way, Dante seems to have really needed another one badly so that she can continue her ressurection cycle. And we see that odd gate again (Those eyes creep me out) being summoned by Dante through Rose's child, and take in Hohenheim of Light,

spoiler (highlight to read):
Hohenheim ends up in our Europe according to the movie

We also see Mustang confront the council and Bradley, and gives them his suspicions about the Furher's Secretary. The Furher proceeds up to Mustang- we can tell they pretty much tell Bradley has made Mustang his enemy from his expression.

And Ed seems to be bent on destroying the Humonculi now, seeing that he is trying to collect the things they are weak from.
Nine Kuze 02-06-2006 12:14 PM
A good episode, not as good as "Hohenheim of Light" but still good.

"Now, how about you help me enjoy this new body."
"If you don't eat, you'll never be able to fit in any of my dresses."
-- Dante.

Is it just me or were these two quotes the most distrubing things you've ever heard in the entire series of FullMetal Alchemist?! Dante was even licking herself and her body is decaying... bad mental pictures. Anyway, it was interesting to see and hear about Dante and Hohenheim's relationship over 400 years and how they created their first Philosopher's Stone. Yeah, that guy who Dante transferred Hohenheim's soul into looked a hell of a lot like Fuhrer Bradley and I found this:

quote:
From Answers.com
the skull of the man Pride was modeled after, who seems similar in appearance to be the first body into which Dante transferred Hohenheim's soul into (Episode 44). However, this also conflicts with Pride's ability to age, causing much controversy

Hohenheim also meet the boys' creation Sloth and that sequence with the family's earliest memories was nicely done. Dante found out that using the body of a baby can open the Gate was interesting and no, Hohenheim does not come back. We'll see him in more episodes but he 'doesn't come back'.

I always like a good disguise but Ed and Al's Mad bad. Just bad. Why did Ed have to go green of all colors?! He looked like Envy (*wink* wink*) and in sad news, I think that's the last time Winry is going to see Ed (until the movie that is).

Al didn't tell Ed about Shou Tucker and Ed didn't tell Al about his mission to fight all the Homunculi by himself. That should be interesting down the road. I almost forgot about Roy! Damn, I was hoping for a confrontation but we'll just have to wait for that. With Pride being the Fuhrer, I think he knows what's up and he's sending Roy and his whole damn crew to the Northern fronts to get theirs and to shut them up. All quiet on the Northern Front huh? And its interesting to note that Havoc said that ever since Bradley became the Fuhrer, they've in wars constantly... because of DANTE!!!
Peace.
Gato Gurl914 02-06-2006 02:52 PM
very good eppisode, but i thought for sure dante was gonna kill that baby.