Ong Bak The Thai Warrior

JAYCZero 02-02-2006 12:37 AM

I have to say that after watching this film , this definately
spawned the Genre of Martial Arts Films Forever. Were
talkin bout no use of Wiring , No Special Effects , No Stunt Doubles
I have to say that the Man Tony Jaa is at the Top of his Game.
Wich so many people reputate him as The Legendary Bruce Lee,
And the Stunt that this guy does on film completely Mind Boggles
Me, I never have seen a guy doing these impossible death defying
stunts like this guy and the way he easily skip walls, and his Amazing
Spinning , Aerial Kicks. Especially the Stylized Combat of Mauy Thai.
Seeing this guy's Acrobatic moves is like watching Prince Of Persia
Brought To Life , he practilly fights like Video Game Fighting Character
like Street Fighter or
KOF's Joe Higashi. You'll Definately see what I mean, when you watch this film and also there is about to be
another Film released from Tony Jaa, it's called "Tom Yum Goong"
were it is filmed in Australia were Jackie Chan did his movie
"Mr Nice Guy"
and "Who Am I". for those of you who haven't heard of this film
or heard of Tony Jaa , here is the Website they have numerous
clips , and demonstrations from him and his Trailers. Definately
A Must See
Zopwx2 02-02-2006 01:42 AM
I saw this sh** in theatres and I own a copy, its ridiculously badass.

See it now.
JAYCZero 02-03-2006 12:12 AM
Most definately I couldn't agree with you more on that one.
I watched that movie like 10 times already.I just can't wait until
the other movie comes out in the US.
Travis Bickle 02-03-2006 12:38 AM
I saw it today after I saw the screening of "A Scanner Darkly".

It was great. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was voice box guy.
StevieV019 02-03-2006 09:12 AM
Ive seen it...awhile ago...really good, great fight scenes...however, it hasnt spawned/progressed the Martial Arts fight film genre forever. A great addition to it, no doubt, but check out Shaolin Temple with Jet Li. That was done with authentic kung fu and wushu without the wire work...it was done 20 years ago...greatness.
JAYCZero 02-04-2006 06:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Ive seen it...awhile ago...really good, great fight scenes...however, it hasnt spawned/progressed the Martial Arts fight film genre forever. A great addition to it, no doubt, but check out Shaolin Temple with Jet Li. That was done with authentic kung fu and wushu without the wire work...it was done 20 years ago...greatness.

Sorry to say ,well I have to cut you off on that one , it has progressed and altered the Martial Arts Film Genre is. He took it to the next level , so either way, Shaolin Temple I haven't checked out yet but anything from Jet Li is definately a Artistically Hardcore Fighting. Iron Monkey is
definately one of the Best Shaolin Films every made and I don't like Shaolin Martial Art films that much and that one took the Toll.
StevieV019 02-06-2006 11:42 AM
Jet Li wasnt in Iron Monkey...Donnie Yen was...

Before you make blanket statements regarding the Martial Arts film genre, Id advise to at least look at the films that have brought it into the limelight and that made the genre standout. The classic martial arts films of the past are what paved the way for Ong Bak to even make it to such a large release. Ong Bak is great in my opinion, but it certainly isnt the best martial arts film out there. Who exactly took the film to another level? Was it the director, actor, stunt coordinator? Im confused...

Before Jet Li got into "artistic" martial arts, he was doing things true to form. Im assuming the "artistic" martial arts films you are referring to are those that require wirework for the stunts and so forth. Before Tony Jaa was doing his thing in Ong Bak, Jet Li was doing it himself. Like I said before, take a look at his earlier movies, and you will see that not everything he did was artistic or needed wirework to aid the process.

quote:
definately one of the Best Shaolin Films every made and I don't like Shaolin Martial Art films that much and that one took the Toll.

By mentioning that you dont like "Shaolin Martial Art films" you kind of take away any credibility to proclaiming Ong Bak as the film to take the MA genre to the next level. You are restricting a large segment of movies that can rightfully claim in their own right to move the genre forward forever.

Ong Bak is great...but there are so many great martial arts movies.
JAYCZero 02-08-2006 01:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Jet Li wasnt in Iron Monkey...Donnie Yen was..

Ong Bak is great...but there are so many great martial arts movies.

uhh..I didn't say that Jet Li was in Iron Monkey I said that Iron Monkey is definately one of the Greatest martial arts films I seen.

quote:
Before Jet Li got into "artistic" martial arts, he was doing things true to form. Im assuming the "artistic" martial arts films you are referring to are those that require wirework for the stunts and so forth. Before Tony Jaa was doing his thing in Ong Bak, Jet Li was doing it himself

To Answer your Question
what I meant by his Artistic Movements was not the use of
Wire works or special effects , what I meant was that
he moves swiffly not hard. it's kind of like Tai Chi, but it's not
his style , his style is the Art of Wushu. And yes I seen almost
all his films including Fist of Legend that too me was the best
from Jet Li.

quote:
By mentioning that you dont like "Shaolin Martial Art films" you kind of take away any credibility to proclaiming Ong Bak as the film to take the MA genre to the next level. You are restricting a large segment of movies that can rightfully claim in their own right to move the genre forward forever.

By me mentioning that I did not like Shaolin Martial Art Films
did not mean that I restricted this from anyones oppinion , everyone is entitled to their oppinion , including me. Shaolin Martial Art Films
isn't exactly my taste but since Iron Monkey was very much with
countless Action scenes and Highly paced martial arts sequences
I took it into Strong Liking that this was one of the Greatest Martial
Arts Films I seen in a long time. I mean come on now the "Shadow Kick" is definately something that you don't see in much films in
Martial Arts.And yes I know the that Jackie Chan , Jet Li and
Bruce Lee were the main reason why Tony Jaa became who
he became