Gundam songs will be covered by.....

Green_Bird 01-30-2006 10:38 PM
Not sure if anyone seen this on ANN or not but Richie Kotzen (Former Guitarist for Mr. Big) and his band :×2 with Cyndi Lauper will be covering some gundam songs this coming March....

quote:
Richie Kotzen, with Cyndi Lauper, To Release Gundam Cover Album in March
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Gundam Ace magazine reports that a group called ":×2 ," headed by guitarist Richie Kotzen, will cover an array of songs from the Gundam franchise. Kotzen, former guitarist for Poison and Mr. Big, is working with several other artists, including Cindy Lauper.

A live tour of Japan will be launched in March to support the project. Kotzen's work with Mr. Big and Poison, as well as his solo material, is especially popular in Japan. With Mr. Big, Kotzen provided theme music for the Hellsing TV series.

Songs on the album will include:

Kimi Ga Matteiru Kara (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation -Heirs to the Stars- )
Metamorphoze (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation -Heirs to the Stars- )
Ai Senshi (Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow, featuring Cyndi Lauper on vocals)
Kaze Ni Hitori De (Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow)
Z Toki O Koete (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam )
Mizu No Hoshi E Ai O Komete (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
The Winner (Gundam 0083)
Tobe! Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam)
Meguriai (Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space)
The Way Forward (original piece)
Re-Encounter (original piece)
The Beginning (original piece)

The CD will go on sale in Japan on March 3rd, it will be titled "Ai Senshi"

Just thought I would post it if anyone was interested.....
Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 10:46 PM
Um....what the f***?
Volt 01-30-2006 11:07 PM
Huh... uh... intersting.

Also, Paul Gilbert > Richie Kotzen (I don't actually know who Richie Kotzen is, but y'know... Paul Gilbert pretty much owns every other human anyway).
Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 11:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
Huh... uh... intersting.

Also, Paul Gilbert > Richie Kotzen (I don't actually know who Richie Kotzen is, but y'know... Paul Gilbert pretty much owns every other human anyway).

Racer X and Mr. Big were never good. According to the book of Awesomeness (3:16).

Just because a member of the Mars Volta was in another band doesn't mean it's good. De Facto SUCKED, and so does Free Moral Agents.

That is of course my own opinion.
Volt 01-30-2006 11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Huh... uh... intersting.

Racer X and Mr. Big were never good. According to the book of Awesomeness (3:16).

Just because a member of the Mars Volta was in another band doesn't mean it's good. De Facto SUCKED, and so does Free Moral Agents.

That is of course my own opinion.

Uh... I wasn't really saying that because of Alderete (who is a very good bassist while we're on the subject). I was actually just talking about Gilbert himself, but whatever.

P.S.: If you don't think Paul Gilbert is good, well uh, just try playing some of his Racer X songs like Scarified and Technical Difficulties. You might have a give it more than one try.
Wingnut 01-31-2006 12:47 AM
Most interesting indeed. I have always liked Gundam music so hearing it redone by these people should be worth the listen
Sharpshooter005 01-31-2006 06:21 AM
quote:
Cyndi Lauper

Okay between this and a thread involving Devo, alot of people I'd either assumed were dead/retired keep getting mentioned around here lately.
corrupt 01-31-2006 12:55 PM
oh god, how spiffing, cyindi lauper trying to jump on a bandwagon...
David Ryder 01-31-2006 04:39 PM
interesting to say the least but I was never a Mr.Big fan, so meh.
Blue Crow 01-31-2006 08:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by corrupt

of course, since covering anime songs seems to be a the "thing to do" these days for american mainstream artists. Roll Eyes

i mean, who could forget prince's cover of the s-CRY-ed theme?

- BC
corrupt 02-03-2006 01:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
quote:
Originally posted by corrupt

of course, since covering anime songs seems to be a the "thing to do" these days for american mainstream artists. Roll Eyes

i mean, who could forget prince's cover of the s-CRY-ed theme?

- BC

CHRIST, PRINCE OR WAS IT THE ARTIST FORAMLLY KNOWN AS PRINCE (symbol?)
NightRanger 04-24-2006 10:59 AM
quote:
Huh... uh... intersting.

I agree with you! But their last album with Kotzen, Actual Size wasn't too bad. Anyway, this sounds interesting! I'll have to look into it when I get the oppurtunity!