The most annyoing kind of music...

corrupt 01-30-2006 02:07 PM
I say, christian rock, musicals, and country, they are all EXTREMELY irritating, especially christian rock, i don't think people should preach in their work, thats why I dislike missionaries and those people in the street who yell at you about god...
Mugiwara Luffy 01-30-2006 02:23 PM
Rock and Christianity just do not mix.

Country is annoying in all forms. I can't stand the baying, and the twanging, and the overall suckiness.

R&B bugs me too.

I would have voted Musicals also, but I could only pick 3.
Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 02:24 PM
Can a mod add Emo to the poll, please?
088nd 01-30-2006 03:46 PM
Any form of Christian music is biblical. It's encouraged to praise God in song. Hell, the whole book of Psalms is all songs written to and about God.
dominusofdeath 01-30-2006 03:48 PM
No. Christian Death Metal or Christian Rap. I don't really think any music is annoying..............
Randolph 01-30-2006 03:54 PM
Country is detestably lame.
Rap makes my mind ache with repitition.
Metal makes my ears hurt, which I do NOT appreciate.
Dance beats make me want to crack things with iron pipes.

And while Christian Rock and other modes may be biblical, uplifting and in many cases quite calming, it can get very bothersome. Especially in those instances in which the artist is somewhat misled.
David Ryder 01-30-2006 04:02 PM
Rap is always a favoring of mine to bash, a goodly 95% of it is just the same damn thing. Some is good like Del the funky homosapian, and 80's rap are pretty good but alot of it today is just trash. Least faveorite rapper, is easily wanna be black person Eminim or however he spells it.

R&B too, everyR&B song sounds the same, and generally has the same theme, most of the time it's about a girl being fine or "freakin". basically it's like rap but softer.

Can't say much about country, never really took the time to listen to it.

Despite not being a very religious person, some christian music is ok, I like Crimson Moonlight and a few other band of a similar sound.
Kairi 01-30-2006 04:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by corrupt
I say, christian rock, musicals, and country, they are all EXTREMELY irritating, especially christian rock, i don't think people should preach in their work, thats why I dislike missionaries and those people in the street who yell at you about god...

there liek is no GOD b/c i read all this stuf on the innernet that totlly diasproves the bible and REPUBBLICANS god ur so dumb

Oh, and I hate punk.
Hienrich Ele 01-30-2006 04:58 PM
Emo, punk, rap, and others like it are in a category I call 'music'.

You see, there are fundamental differences between music and 'music'.

Emo, for example, is clearly 'music' since it's crap. I need no more proof for this.

Punk is 'music' because I can do it by yelling loudly into a tape recorder.

Rap is 'music' because someone just didn't know how to spell crap when naming the 'genre'.
Mugiwara Luffy 01-30-2006 05:03 PM
Oh, can anyone explain the difference between rap, R&B, and hip hop? Cuz I never got that memo.

Punk is ok. Not modern punk or pop punk.
Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 05:06 PM
Emo is simply this:

A rejected Jet Grind Radio gang.
evanASF27 01-30-2006 05:38 PM
Broadway musicals have some really good songs in them. Granted not every one is a gem, but they're overall pretty interesting. (Spamalot = Pwn).... Rap, punk, metal are blegh. There are very VERY few modern "popular" music genres that like find favorable. Rap is for people who are tone deaf and want to make 3 million dollars without trying...punk is questionable at best and a vulgur pieces of crap at worst...metal, emo, grunge, and other such genres are just annoying as hell. Techno is, for the most part, crap...no originality in much of what I have heard and it seriously SERIOUSLY must go the way of disco. There are a few techno songs that's I've found which I find interesting and enjoy....but they are few and far inbetween.

quote:
Emo, for example, is clearly 'music' since it's crap. I need no more proof for this.

Punk is 'music' because I can do it by yelling loudly into a tape recorder.

Rap is 'music' because someone just didn't know how to spell crap when naming the 'genre'.

Very much agreed. *nods head*
Mugiwara Luffy 01-30-2006 05:57 PM
There are a lot of picky music people who seem to be condemning entire genres of music based on the worst examples.
Mike 01-30-2006 06:07 PM
I have to say I disagree.

MOST rap is total crap. But some of it is actually good.
MOST emo is whiny, girly wussy junk. But some of it is pretty good. But then again the emo bands that I like aren't really that emo to begin with.....
Punk used to be good, but now most punk bands are basically emo, or completely fake and annoying *coughGoodCharlottecough*
A lot of metal, particularly new or "nu" metal, just plain sucks. But older metal, that actually has a melody instead of screaming, is good. The guitars are heavily distorted, but not to the point where it just becomes white noise. Usually.
Country...yeah. Country sucks.
Christian music is fine with me, even though I don't like it...but christian thrash metal is just weird. Metal is inherently "bad" and anti-christian.
Jstar136 01-30-2006 06:22 PM
SO,

Rap: Incredibly grating and I totally can not relate. Although, I could use some LAFFY TAFFY!

Mainstream Pop: Made to appeal to a wide young audience, most of the time they're just pretty faces with pretty bad voices.

Metal: I'm not that hardcore.

Christian Rock: I'm Atheist, nuf said!

Popozao: Wait, that's not a genre...
Blue Crow 01-30-2006 06:23 PM
novelty rap (read: almost all rap songs on the radio)

quote:
there liek is no GOD b/c i read all this stuf on the innernet that totlly diasproves the bible and REPUBBLICANS god ur so dumb

Oh, and I hate punk.

it's about time some educated people started visting these boards. Roll Eyes

-BC
Generalissimo D 01-30-2006 06:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jstar136
Christian Rock: I'm Atheist, nuf said!

...Don't even get me started on Atheism.

Some Christian Rock is good, though most of its generic.
Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 07:01 PM
I like Cowboy Troy. That's all I care for in Country.

I hate Christian Rock.

I don't like Drum and Bass or techno. Except for Daft Punk and Aphex Twin.

Old school rap (Grandmaster Flash, NWA) is awesome.

And I love metal. However, I hate Avenged Sevenfold. They're not metal. They're whiny pop rock crap.
Blue Crow 01-30-2006 07:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
And I love metal. However, I hate Avenged Sevenfold. They're not metal. They're whiny pop rock crap.

indeed, now avenged sevenfold sucks hard. however, some of their older stuff could be classified as metal-core. frankly, i thought some of it kicked ass.

too bad they've decided to jump on the "let's make radio singles" bandwagon. Frown

-BC
Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 07:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

indeed, now avenged sevenfold sucks hard. however, some of their older stuff could be classified as metal-core. frankly, i thought some of it kicked ass.

too bad they've decided to jump on the "let's make radio singles" bandwagon. Frown

-BC

Nah, they always sucked.