The most annyoing kind of music...

Patsai 01-30-2006 08:50 PM
Mainstream rap. I can take underground rap and some occassional rap-rock mixture (aka Gorillaz), but not the same old crap the radio keeps dishing out.
Mugiwara Luffy 01-30-2006 09:01 PM
Notice how no one has voted for Rock or Jazz. Kudos, people.

The ones I voted for included music genres that consistently annoy me. If I've heard exceptions I tend to think that it can't ALL be bad, so I cut it some slack. For example, rap and the previously mentioned Gorillaz.
Big Money 01-30-2006 09:08 PM
Christian Rock will die at my hands.
Buck Buck #1 01-30-2006 09:10 PM
I don't really have any problems with any of the genres listed, except musicals. Why? Because I took a drama class last year, and do you know what drama kids do when their bored? That's right. They sing Musicals.
corrupt 01-31-2006 01:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bun Bun
I don't really have any problems with any of the genres listed, except musicals. Why? Because I took a drama class last year, and do you know what drama kids do when their bored? That's right. They sing Musicals.

ARRRRGH, I HATE THOSE KIDS, they try and make you go to see the rocky horror show, i'll only see that if they pay me, and pay for my expenses and pay for alchol, preferably jack daniels, so I can get knocked out.

quote:
Christian Rock will die at my hands.
not the only one there, big money, i'll kill them first
Nine Kuze 01-31-2006 03:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Rap is always a favoring of mine to bash, a goodly 95% of it is just the same damn thing. Some is good like Del the funky homosapian, and 80's rap are pretty good but alot of it today is just trash. Least faveorite rapper, is easily wanna be black person Eminim or however he spells it.

I just picked country. I'm have a very high tolerance level and I can listen to basically everything and anything... BUT country.

I seriously stopped listening to hip-hop over the past year. The only hip-hop I listen to are old from like years ago and anything with Nas and Jay-Z. When they stopped talking about crap like whores, rims, and being fake a** pimps, then maybe (just maybe) I'll listen again.

R&B is like a style that combines blues and jazz, with an added strong backbeat and repeated variations on syncopated instrumental phrases and hip-hop is consisted of chanted and improvised street poetry thats mixed with well-known recordings. Also, rap and hip-hop represent the same thing, just that there are two different names for it.
Peace.
Jonny Axehandle 01-31-2006 03:55 PM
http://www.purevolume.com/demonhunter ~Christian Heavy Metal OWNS YOUR SOUL(If Jesus doesn't already)

Country is music? I thought they were just vomiting into the mic and playing a guitar.
David Ryder 01-31-2006 04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
http://www.purevolume.com/demonhunter ~Christian Heavy Metal OWNS YOUR SOUL(If Jesus doesn't already)

Country is music? I thought they were just vomiting into the mic and playing a guitar.

I like Demon Hunter too, also Crimson Moonlight is good and likewise on Extol too.
Sharpshooter005 01-31-2006 04:29 PM
An internet religion debate, now those are productive.

quote:
Rap is always a favoring of mine to bash, a goodly 95% of it is just the same damn thing.

This person in one of my classes had "gold digger" as a ring tone. I'll be perfectly honest, I think I died a bit inside when I heard it.

quote:
I thought they were just vomiting into the mic and playing a guitar.

I'm ABSOLUTELY sure if someone were to do this, and market it correctly, you could convince some group of saps that it was really "deep" or something.

quote:
http://www.purevolume.com/demonhunter

Stole my idea. I once said, in the form of a non-sequitur most likely, "someone should make some christian rock group, but then call it "inquisition" or something".

So the threatening sounding name thing...yeah. I'd appreciate some props here, and when I say props I mean a check for a fairly substantial amount of money.
David Ryder 01-31-2006 04:36 PM
quote:
An internet religion debate, now those are productive.

Surprised it didn't come up sooner.
Jonny Axehandle 01-31-2006 07:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
quote:
there liek is no GOD b/c i read all this stuf on the innernet that totlly diasproves the bible and REPUBBLICANS god ur so dumb

it's about time some educated people started visting these boards. Roll Eyes

Yes, internet shorthand, misspellings and gibberish worse than the pointless crap I used to post is ten times more educated than The Lexx's idea for a Photonic Nervous System.

And no, I am not bias towards his anti-Christian views. People like him are annoying no matter whose side they are on
spiked-knives 02-04-2006 03:21 PM
meh i voted for christina rock because scott stapp, P.O.D., and Demonhunter come to mind. just never cared for the genre, though some of the bands can punch out some good riffs.

voted for country because that is to me the most repetitive genre on the face of the earth, musically and lyrically. yea it even rap is less repetitive, sense rap as a underground scene going for it. country just blows more than anything in the world. it just has nothing, skeet!

then i voted for for emo. I hate how the vocals generally sound within the genre, the guitarists in emo bands generally never do anything to spectaculr or original, or well anytihng good for that matter. though i will say Fall of Troy is a great band within the genre, their guitarist is great, and they incredibly experimental, i love it. other than that i found no good in the genre. i mean even their underground scene isn't that great, so im not just juding this genre off of Fallout Boy and Hawthorne Heights.
Sharpshooter005 02-05-2006 07:04 AM
This isn't so much about a genre genre as it is a terrifying prediction of things to come.

If someone were to use...some form of software, it probably exists, to actually merge the songs "popozao" by whatshisface and "my humps" by...Okay I forget who.

Anyway. If these two songs were combined...then played?

Boom, apocalypse, at that exact moment.

quote:
Christian Rock- I dislike most of the tenents of Christianity, especially as it is seen today, and especially fundamentalists, but that applies to just about any religion. =/

I just have an instinctive aversion to the concept of a guitar mass. Or...I just want it far away from any Episcopal church, or at least one I'm within a mile radius of (who am I kidding, I sleep until noon on weekends anyway). And christian rock is sort of a guitar mass taken to the extreme...hence...yeah. Not a fan really.

Not to break topic...okay you can just saunter in there, or anywhere almost, with a guitar, and thats fine. Try doing it with a cowbell..all of a sudden you're the crazy one.
Hobodoken 02-05-2006 12:15 PM
Rap- Theres just so much terrible music out there under the label.
Country- It's just terrible. There has been good country, but like rap, there's just far too much crap.
Christian Rock- I dislike most of the tenents of Christianity, especially as it is seen today, and especially fundamentalists, but that applies to just about any religion. =/