Devo 2.0

Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 02:46 AM
Mike 01-30-2006 09:15 AM
......wow.

When I saw the thread title, I thought "AWESOME"

But...Disney? Teenagers?

I'm surprised the real DEVO let them use the name...and the flowerpot hats.
Sharpshooter005 01-30-2006 12:17 PM
quote:
I'm surprised the real DEVO let them use the name...and the flowerpot hats

Apparently they're working in tandem with disney on this..so..uh..yeah.
Green_Bird 01-30-2006 01:11 PM
What the Shocked ......

Perky teens Shocked ......

Covering Devo songs Shocked ......

What has this world coming too!?!?!?! Where's the originality?! Why must disney have to cap on the succsess of older bands using teenagers!?

I'm with Mike. I am too surprised that the real Devo let them use the name and the hats. But then again. Maybe it's another classic case of selling out to survive. These things happen you know.....I mean Rugrats and some other cartoons that Mothersbaugh did music for aren't that popular anymore. The real Devo's record sales could be down....so go figure....Older bands have been doing this for a while now....Stuff like bands selling songs to commercals that 10 or so years ago said they never would do such a thing.....or so I've seen.

I just rememberd another one Disney did this with....It was ABBA and they took Teenagers and made them cover ABBA songs. They were (for some reason, maybe because of subilmanal messages) somewhat big. I think they were called A*teens or something. But once they grew up, they were dropped......the same thing will most likely happen to DEVO 2.0 once they reach a certan age....
Pygmalion 01-30-2006 06:49 PM
I guess the band is de-evolving.

Pygmalion
corrupt 01-31-2006 01:19 PM
WHAT THE HELL, WHAT THE f***ING HELL WAS THAT?!
Mugiwara Luffy 01-31-2006 01:47 PM
It's almost as bad as all those Kidz Bop CD's. The music on those is terrible enough to begin with, but then they make kids sing all the songs....*shudder*
corrupt 01-31-2006 01:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sanji
It's almost as bad as all those Kidz Bop CD's. The music on those is terrible enough to begin with, but then they make kids sing all the songs....*shudder*

the kids don't even get it, "kid friendly songs" like boulevard of broken dreams, which has swearing in it (not a big deal for me but other parents go beserk, I have soo many complaints at school about my "potty mouth" Roll Eyes how pathetic)... Kidz bop will be the end of me, but i don't now what devo is exactly...
Nine Kuze 01-31-2006 04:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sanji

So, this is what Disney has unleashed on the world now. When we it end, Walt? When will the horror end, Walt?!

Yeah, Kidz Bop was horrible stuff. What is the 'z' in Kidz supposed to be cute in somewhy? Oh, and also the kids singing was just down right apocalyptic. I think we all have to hope that when they get older and realize that they can't sing that they be dropped like Lindsay Lohan at a crackhouse. But still...

** shakes his head as he looks at the corpse of the being that once was good music **
Peace.
Buck Buck #1 01-31-2006 04:38 PM
At least I got to see Devo live before all of this mess. I guess the trend of doing remakes has moved from movies to music.