Castlevania movie

Generalissimo D 01-27-2006 09:52 PM
IMDb entry

Live action movie. Paul W.S. Anderson(of AVP infamy) will direct. Now, despite the fact it would be nigh impossible to mess this up if he actually stuck to the source material, do keep in mind he botched it on AVP.

You may now cringe.

Petition against having Anderson direct it.
corrupt 01-27-2006 09:53 PM
They should have a movie about soma instead...
Randolph 01-28-2006 06:50 AM
My motto: If you can't do it right, just don't do it.

It saves us a lot of grief from twisted mutant half-things brought about by ill conception.

I've got a lot of respect for Castlevania. But I don't know if it would last if they made a bad motion picture of it.

Ah, well. There's still Dracula X. There's always Dracula X.
Sharpshooter005 01-28-2006 06:52 AM
Remember the Resident Evil movies? Yeah, where there was bullet time for no good reason, and the focus was more on laser grids and little holographic girls?

Yeah...that was him also, just incase you forgot.
Generalissimo D 01-28-2006 10:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by corrupt
They should have a movie about soma instead...

I'm guessing it might be a movie telling what Julius Belmont did, since he's the only Belmont that hasn't had a game with him as the starring role.

And his spirte in Dawn of Sorrow was the least beautifully animated of any of the other ones in Julius mode.
Green_Bird 01-28-2006 02:17 PM
It seems as if all the upcoming movies are eather remakes, videogame based, anime based, vampire based, or just un-original...frankly....people NEED new ideas Oh Well ......

Never played Castlevania.....so I can't really comment on the movie that much or exspress much about it other then it looked like a good game....but I lacked a play station (still do) to play it....
David Ryder 01-28-2006 02:23 PM
yeah I've know about anderson directing this for sometime and it still is sad to know that he's helming this. "OMFG Sword Time." Lets give charecters from europe Katanas, because we all know everone loves that." "oh and we need some wire fu martial arts action." also lets not make a movie about Soma, he's about as interesting as a wet paper bag.
Generalissimo D 01-28-2006 08:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
also lets not make a movie about Soma, he's about as interesting as a wet paper bag.

He owns your soul. And he'll use it to upgrade his handgun, with which to shoot your dog. He then takes it soul, upgrades his gun, and shoots your mom. Repeat this will every pet and family member you have.

Edit:
quote:
Never played Castlevania.....so I can't really comment on the movie that much or exspress much about it other then it looked like a good game....but I lacked a play station (still do) to play it....

The magic of r0/\/\z.

If you have a DS, you can pick of Dawn of Sorrow. If you only have a GBA, go pick up that new handy-dandy double pack with Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow.
StevieV019 01-30-2006 03:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Remember the Resident Evil movies? Yeah, where there was bullet time for no good reason, and the focus was more on laser grids and little holographic girls?

Yeah...that was him also, just incase you forgot.

I actually liked the Resident Evil movies...my bad, I guess...

Im the world's biggest C-Vania fan, but Ill be honest, the problem with the game series is that the plot and story isnt all that complex. Come on: Dracula kidnaps Belmont hero's girlfriend/fiancee and holds her hostage in Castlevania. Belmont goes and whips Drac's ass. Or...Followers of Dracula try to resurrect him or a relative of his and the Belmont hero has to go and prevent it. Thats the plot...for every game...

Even the offshoots (cure a curse that Drac put on the Belmont hero) all are related to the above storyline. So, the story wont be all that engaging...itll pretty much be an action-fest...similar to the Resident Evil movies. Is that a bad thing? For me, not really, since I enjoyed the RE movies...
Generalissimo D 11-11-2006 10:28 PM