Nintendo DS lite

Patsai 01-26-2006 04:31 PM
Yeah, here's Nintendo's new redesign of the DS:

For those who're wondering where the power button is, it's placed on the side similar to the GBA SP. Without a doubt that placement alone is a huge plus considering how easy it is to accidentally push the power button and turn it off. This design also reflects the REV's slick style, which probably means it'll come in various colors too to match the main console. If it's lightweight and has a stronger backlit screen, I may very well be taken to buy this.
Travis Bickle 01-26-2006 05:01 PM
If it's cheaper than a regular DS, I might just have to buy one and sell my current one.
corrupt 01-26-2006 05:07 PM
Whats the difference between the 2? If its cheaper I will defenitely (if thats the right word) buy 1. I mean I dislike nintendo, but i'd just get it to buy castlevania, and maybe something elseBig Grin .
Mugiwara Luffy 01-26-2006 05:08 PM
Damnit, I finally get one and they're coming out with a new one.

Well, we shall see how good it is....
Dork 01-26-2006 05:25 PM
If it comes in pink I'll have no choice but to buy one and curse Nintendo to my grave.

::wanders off cursing Nintendo::

::falls into an open grave::
Generalissimo D 01-26-2006 05:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
If it's cheaper than a regular DS, I might just have to buy one and sell my current one.

I think I'll do that too. But I'm sort of attached to my DS. I mean, I got it on Launch day.

I don't buy systems on launch day. Ever. Except for my DS.

Then again, its got its share of battle scars(little brother gave it a nasty gash across the top screen). We'll see once I get my hands on the new model.
David Ryder 01-26-2006 08:23 PM
If it's cheaper than the original I'll pick one up but i'm still loving my GBA and until DS comes down, I think I will pass.
Buck Buck #1 01-26-2006 08:31 PM
It's probably not going to be cheaper. It'll most likely just be a redesign just like GBA SP and Micro. Still looks pretty sweet though.
Dork 01-26-2006 09:47 PM
It looks like it's too small for a GBA slot. I think we're looking at a cheaper alternative to the DS. No other gameboy-like device has had the term lite in it either. It implies that it's not as good as the DS.

The Gameboy micro was marketed with the whole 'micro' thing being a positive. If this console was following the same 'smaller is snazzier' school of marketing it would probably be called 'DS Micro'.

This could be interesting. I don't even use the DS' GBA slot. I love my DS but on the whole it's a much clunkier device than my SP (A.K.A. the true GB pocket). If I want to play GBA games I'll pull out my SP. If I want to play Animal Crossing... well, I have no choice there. Plus the battery life isn't as good on the DS and some of my GB games act weird on it.

muchlove
-Dork
corrupt 01-26-2006 09:49 PM
BTW, How much is a DS, cos I remember when the SP came out, it was as much as a game cube Confused
Buck Buck #1 01-26-2006 09:53 PM
here's the gamespot article, it says that it costs a little more, but is smaller. It has four levels of screen brightness which is why it's called DS Lite.

It's just like the SP. Smaller and with a brighter screen.
corrupt 01-26-2006 09:55 PM
Well whats the point of that then? Well, if this comes out, then the DS will be cheaper, which means I can get one... Big Grin Big Grin

But seriously, no offence but you can't fall for this, u can't just but it cos it's smaller and has more light, you just can't, its like something from ed, edd and eddy (well not really, but you get the idea)
Generalissimo D 01-26-2006 10:05 PM
Whoa. I just realized how useful that screen brightness thing could be.

But yeah, It doesnt look like its gonna be thick enough to handle a GBA game in there, or at least not without making it feel weird.

That thing would look incredibly badass in black. The logo on the lid looks cool too.
corrupt 01-26-2006 10:07 PM
Ok, you go waste your money (god I wish I was the head of nintendo)
Mugiwara Luffy 01-26-2006 10:15 PM
No, that is a good idea. Sometimes I play my DS right before bed in the dark, and the backlight is so bright it hurts my eyes.

And then if I'm sitting in sunlight, or by a lamp, the normal screen isn't bright enough to see, but the backlit one is too much.

And it's lighter, smaller, and, dare I say, sexier?

But it costs more. Boo. And no GBA? I don't know if I care about that...
Dork 01-27-2006 12:10 AM
Sucks that it costs more. If the light adjuster can dim the current light level that would rock. Dang thing eats up battery life like you wouldn't believe. I had to recharge my DS everyday for three weeks after I first got. Of course I'm back in school now so I don't play it that much but still. It's like 6 hours of life. Really sucks.
Patsai 01-27-2006 01:06 AM
Nintendo plans to release three different color variations for the system, if white isn't exactly your color, you dirty dirty goth.
Spooky 01-27-2006 09:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
If it comes in pink I'll have no choice but to buy one and curse Nintendo to my grave.

::wanders off cursing Nintendo::

::falls into an open grave::

You know, sometimes I think that's the ONLY reason why I bought my candy pink DS! I even bought a case to match....

....I think I just admitted to accessorizing my handheld.... Sweatdrop
Schwarzwald 01-28-2006 01:33 AM
Aw jezz. Why can't they get things right the first time around!

There better not be games that come out for it that can only use the new design. I really feel at a loss providing nintendo with funds early on in thier new handheld's life. Without me nintendo would fall! *grrr*
Jstar136 01-28-2006 02:06 AM
I love Nintendo, but they've got to stop doing that!

I already have an Advance, so I'm not jumping in.