Underworld: Evolutions

pen1300 01-25-2006 09:48 PM
WARNING: I've seen it, and these are my opinions.

Ok, so this past weekend, my mum and I decided we'd go watch Underworld: Evolutions, long awaited sequel to Underworld. I went into this movie having NO idea what the plot was about, what people were saying about it (but then it just opened last Friday).

Let's say I was very disappointed in the film. It seems that they have COMPLETELY Different writers from the first movie which means cliched lines (UGH). Lot's of blood...more than the last one. And just, it didn't flow. I distinctly remember thinking at least three times "Ok, the movie can end here and not much would be lost" or "The movie will end here." Oh, and the music wasn't as good. I want to buy the soundtrack, but I can't convince myself to get it immediately (but I was kinda disappointed with the [rare?] sound score.)

Mum and I hope that the extended DVD will be so much better than this release. (As that happened with the last extended DVD of Underworld).

Michael was back Drooling and he was sexy as ever!

So, yeah. Discuss. I want to see what others thought of this movie, and given enough time, I'll give you my rewritten version of the movie.Big Grin (Mom was subjected to my entire rewrite the entire way home and during dinner, MUHAHAHA).

Later,
Pen1300
Travis Bickle 01-25-2006 10:19 PM
A few friends and I saw it, and it was terrible (like the first one). The Silent Hill Trailer was badass. In fact, that was the best part of the movie.

Wanna see a good movie about vampires that was made within the past 20 years? Go see From Dusk Till Dawn.
Generalissimo D 01-25-2006 10:20 PM
The f***ers stole me idea. I would sue if I had documentation.
David Ryder 01-26-2006 10:43 AM
A trailer for the SH movie? well that makes it worth seeing but however Underworld (both of them) are total garbage.
pen1300 01-26-2006 09:33 PM
OOOOOOOOOOook....

So why do you guys seem to hate the movie so much (The First One)? And I'm asking for an explanation not "Well, it's just dumb" won't cut it.

Sure the mythology is changed, but it's kind of sci fi and the new mythology makes complete sense. I also thought visually, it was stunning (the first one.)

Later,
Pen1300
Buck Buck #1 01-26-2006 09:50 PM
I liked the first one, but I thought that the new one was just mediocre. There was this whole buildup about the guy's brother, but the final fight was over in about a minute.
Generalissimo D 01-26-2006 09:51 PM
I loved Underworld, since I'm a closet goth and Kate Beckingsale looks good in tight costumes. Tee hee hee.

I do not, however, condone the stealing of my idea and (apparently) butchering it.

In case your wondering how different/better what I made up fell with the movie plot, there were government conspiracies involved. American Government.
Travis Bickle 01-27-2006 01:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
OOOOOOOOOOook....

So why do you guys seem to hate the movie so much (The First One)? And I'm asking for an explanation not "Well, it's just dumb" won't cut it.

Sure the mythology is changed, but it's kind of sci fi and the new mythology makes complete sense. I also thought visually, it was stunning (the first one.)

Later,
Pen1300

Want an explanation? I'll give you a big one.

Number one: The setting alone sucked. It took place in Budapest. BUDAPEST, for crying out loud. That's like an action film in a major city in Iowa. Major no no.

Two: The plot sucked. From what I remember when I saw it (and I only saw it once, which was enough), I remember this: Vampires Vs. Werewolves, and each side has their own secret weapon. The whole origin thing sucked with the elder vampire killing her family and sh**. Whoops, spoilers. But then again, nobody gives a crap.

Three: Even for an action movie (which this was pretty much meant to be, since all sci fi elements of it were a joke), the acting sucked. Beckinsuck and Speedman were TERRIBLE. And so were the supporting actors. It was like trying to make wrestlers into actors.

Four: It was too fast paced. This goes for a lot of sucky movies these days. It jumps through several scenes in a few minutes time. Something big happens, and then 30 seconds later, something else big happens.

The only cool part was when she shot herself through the floor with the two guns. Anything else was, for lack of a better word, really, really gay.
Sharpshooter005 01-27-2006 04:29 PM
quote:
The only cool part was when she shot herself through the floor with the two guns.

What, they used that AGAIN in the second one?

Anyway...despite the fact kate beckinsale is pretty hot, and this has the silent hill trailer running before it...it...dosen't look like it's worth 7 dollars.

Besides I've probably MEMORIZED the silent hill trailer by now, unless this ones a different one.

quote:
There was no Silent Hill trailer.

And there goes whatever nearly non-existant desire to see it was left.
Generalissimo D 01-28-2006 08:22 PM
You bitches lied. There was no Silent Hill trailer.

On the movie content:
I was right. As usual. Lamezors.