HELP!!! Eyes of the World - Grateful Dead

NVWC2006 01-25-2006 09:09 PM
the whole band thing i had mentioned long ago is coming together now. we're going to meet in the next few days and i know at least right now that we will be played Gumbo by Phish, and Eyes of the World by Grateful Dead.

i am playing alto saxophone.

what i need, is if anyone has it, MIDIs or sheet music. on sax, i would probably play a mix of the Bass guitar part and the horn parts together. for Eyes of the World, there is a version w/a sax playing in the background for most of the song.

i can figure out what to play by listening, writing down what i hear like 3 seconds at a time, and going through the whole song, but that takes time. I can extract music files from MIDIs, and i can transpose sheet music.

so if you have any of that.. it would be GREATLY appreciated. i've looked online and can't find MIDIs for either... maybe i'm not searching correctly..

edit: title changed for the ease of figuring out Gumbo
Zopwx2 01-25-2006 09:23 PM
Sheet music for Phish and the GD?

Dude just make it up, as long as it sound good.
Travis Bickle 01-25-2006 10:25 PM
Gumbo's horn part is so small compared to the rest of the song. Just listen to it. You'll probably be able to easily pick it up in two seconds. Even the end part is pretty basic.

The bass line just follows the basic blues scale. In fact, the entire song does.

HIPPIE STONER
NVWC2006 01-25-2006 10:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
Gumbo's horn part is so small compared to the rest of the song. Just listen to it. You'll probably be able to easily pick it up in two seconds. Even the end part is pretty basic.

The bass line just follows the basic blues scale. In fact, the entire song does.

HIPPIE STONER

hmm...

you're right..

all right, so Gumbo is down..

all that leaves is Eyes of the World by Grateful Dead, and anything else that my friends or i want to play. it to, would be possible to figure the horn part here, but seems alot less rigid in repeating it's parts, it should be harder. so, any music or MIDIs, PLEEZE PLEASE WITH LITTLE RED CHERRIES ON TOP!!!

-changed the topic title for Grateful Dead-