[Other] Brock's Art [ Non Big-O ]

Brock 01-25-2006 07:06 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right place, I just couldn't find anywhere else that I would put it aside from the forum with the rest of the art.
Just a small gallery of some sketches I've done, including original characters and characters from comics, anime, etc.
Hope you like some of 'em.

Raven - Chibi Raven

This is my avatar from Gaia Online, chibi mode. Notice that, despite how horribly cute he is, he still has a cigarette in his mouth. Thus proving: Smoking is cool, don't matter who you are. [ Just kiddin' kids. ]

- - - - - - - - - -

Raven - Mugshot

This is my avatar from Gaia Online, adult mode. No cigarette this time. This was actually the first time that I used my own fingers to smudge the penciling and give the artwork a softer look in the hair, headwings, shirt, and shadowing. I liked how it turned out so much, I used it in later artwork, too.

- - - - - - - - - -

Spawn - Mugshot

My favorite badass, Spawn, makes an appearance on my paper. The actual work was longer width-wise than shown, but I cut it off. Why? Because I can't draw 'Tattered Capes' worth shet. Other than that, I liked how it turned out, and decided to try drawing other popular characters afterwards. [ Some finger-smudging purposely added, like in Raven's Mugshot. ]

- - - - - - - - - -

The Human Torch - Annoyed Mugshot

"Flame on, beetch." The ever-growing popularity of The Human Torch intrigued me, and while I was thinking about the Fantastic Four, I drew out this. Keeping in mind I can't draw fire worth shet, either, I like how it turned out. I think it might have looked better if I had done a little finger-smudging to the shadowing on his facial features, but I decided to keep it as-is.

- - - - - - - - - -

The [ Modern ] Green Arrow - Hoodie Mugshot

I realise the Green Arrow doesn't actually look like this.. I young'd him up a bit, and slapped on a hoodie to make him more modern. Most people might call me sacreligious for it. But then, I might call those people bigger nerds than I, eh? Honestly, I didn't feel like drawing something so elegant as the Green Arrow's feathered hat, his flowing golden lockes, or his fancy facial hair. So this came out, instead.
The Hoodie, if colored, would be green, by the way. [ Some finger-smudging purposely added, like in Raven's and Spawn's Mugshots. ]

- - - - - - - - - -

THE CRAP PILE

Artwork of mine so vile and disgusting, I had an abortion in the middle of conceiving it. Some are unfinished sketches, some are pieces that I just plain don't like. Viewer Discretion Advised.

TMNT - Michaelangelo Unfinished
Michaelangelo, tossing off a hoodie disguise and preparing himself for battle. The pose, and just most of the body, made me throw this one in the 'Reject Pile' right away.

Bugz - The Bubba of Bunnies
I don't know why. I just felt like drawing a huge fscking rabbit. While drawing, I was thinking about the Were-Rabbits from One Piece, and that weasely brown rabbit from Monster Rancher. After drawing it, however, I was thinking about the 'Reject Pile'.

Spike - The Wall Demon
I got the idea in me to draw a demon hanging on a wall, much like Spiderman is seen hanging on walls. While I like his head, the rest of Spike just didn't turn out right, so I trashed him. I might use this character in later artwork, but right now, he's a Reject.

corrupt 01-25-2006 08:37 PM
you are certainly a talented artist brock.
Pygmalion 01-25-2006 11:00 PM
I like your pictures. They have a really solid feel. I'm particularly taken by the "Bubba Bugs" one. Looks like the Were-rabbit (from Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit) after a bad batch of carrots!

Pygmalion
Brock 01-26-2006 03:02 PM
My newest pencil work is that of an old man, ready to ambush a legion of zombies.. As opposed to your usual picture of a Hot Girl or some Badass Prettyboy blowing them away. xD

Behold.

Nine Kuze 01-26-2006 03:13 PM
Um, interesting stuff my man. I really like the Human Torch and Spawn drawings you did. I also like your interprection of the zombies you made but I like the usual "hot girl" or "badass" blowing them away.

Still, good stuff man!
Peace.
Tickle Tickle 01-26-2006 03:53 PM
Cool, I really like the shading! Off-topic question, you wouldn't happen to be a fan of Devilman would you? Wink
Brock 01-26-2006 04:10 PM
Actually no, Nao, I'm not. As a matter of fact, I've never even read Devilman. Though now I'm curious as to why you brought it up. xD

And yeah, Nine.. While a hot girl or a badass blowing away the zombies may have made for a better picture, I still wanted to go with something less.. Y'know, predictable. I also can't imagine a hot woman or a prettyboy like the ones usually shown actually blowing zombies away.

Hot Girl: "Oh no, the recoil from my shotgun was so hard it knocked my shirt off! What ever shall I do to protect my supple chest from the disfigured mouths of the flesh-hungry zombies?"

Badass Prettyboy: "..Oh, HELL no. I know you did NOT just take a bite out of my long, flowing lockes. That is NOT fscking spaghetti! That's my fangirl magnetism you're digesting, you ass!"
Nine Kuze 01-26-2006 04:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Brock
Actually no, Nao, I'm not. As a matter of fact, I've never even read Devilman. Though now I'm curious as to why you brought it up. xD

And yeah, Nine.. While a hot girl or a badass blowing away the zombies may have made for a better picture, I still wanted to go with something less.. Y'know, predictable. I also can't imagine a hot woman or a prettyboy like the ones usually shown actually blowing zombies away.

Hot Girl: "Oh no, the recoil from my shotgun was so hard it knocked my shirt off! What ever shall I do to protect my supple chest from the disfigured mouths of the flesh-hungry zombies?"

Badass Prettyboy: "..Oh, HELL no. I know you did NOT just take a bite out of my long, flowing lockes. That is NOT fscking spaghetti! That's my fangirl magnetism you're digesting, you ass!"

Pump out some more pictures of those, tie in a story to fit it and I think you got yourself a nice fanfiction piece, Brock. Anime Smile
Peace.
Tickle Tickle 01-28-2006 09:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Brock

Oh sorry, I just saw (or thought anyway) some Devilman inspiration in your first picture. Smile