Watchmen

Mr. Peabody 05-19-2007 10:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Is this about how people though 300 was about Iraq or something?
Because that movie was about a comic book, goddamn it.

I hoped everyone noticed that for my theories, I simply updated what happened in the book to reflect what's going on in the present day.

I doubt the movie itself will present the time period and events that were in the book.
Sharpshooter005 05-19-2007 11:20 PM
quote:

...No. Persia is now Iran.

quote:
Iran fiasco

Fiasco? No, they were uppity about the portrayal of the persians for maybe four days.

Keep in mind an advisor/associate/something who saw Ahmedinijad speak once described seeing a "glow" surrounding him. They're insane, nobody listens to them unless they mention trying to get the bomb at which point people do listen, but only in the "okay yeah, this won't do at all" way.

quote:
RIP....Ralph Nader

Everytime I've seen him on television he seems to be wearing the same tie, I've come to think the tie perhaps has some sort of latent power.

I want that tie.
Big Money 05-19-2007 11:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Because that movie was about a comic book, goddamn it.

I hoped everyone noticed that for my theories, I simply updated what happened in the book to reflect what's going on in the present day.

I doubt the movie itself will present the time period and events that were in the book.

I understood that fine... but 300 definately didn't take place in the present day, and this director seems to be real serious about his comic books.
Sharpshooter005 05-25-2007 01:40 AM
quote:
this director seems to be real serious about his comic books.

I wish he'd be the one doing the day of the dead remake though.

Good lord did that trailer look awful.
Nine Kuze 06-09-2007 09:57 PM
Nine Kuze 06-19-2007 01:09 AM
The Baker St. Irregular 06-24-2007 03:51 PM
Just finished reading Watchmen, like, twenty minutes ago. Where was it all my life?!?!?! Crying

Anyway, just wanted to mention that poor Mr. Moore must be tearing out his crazy hobo hair over all this movie jazz. From Hell, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta, and now this? He never gets a break.

To tell the truth, I am extremely curious how this is going to turn out. I have a glittery-eyed hope that it'll be awesome, but we know how these things usually turn out... Frown
Generalissimo D 06-24-2007 05:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Jackie Earl Haley might be in it as the infamous inkblot.

He looks ugly enough.

But can he do an unnervingly emotionless voice?
Nine Kuze 07-11-2007 12:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Call Me D. Just D. The D.
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Jackie Earl Haley might be in it as the infamous inkblot.

He looks ugly enough.

But can he do an unnervingly emotionless voice?

Well, he was just nominated for being a child molester. So... maybe?

Also, Billy Crudup (the voice of the MasterCard commercials) might be Dr. Manhattan. Priceless.
Peace.
Wazpy 07-11-2007 01:07 AM
I agree with Peabody here. After that crappy V for Vendetta movie, I have my doubts about this kind of comic movies. Artsy books like Sin City and 300 can be done, but dense comics like this can't... And Watchmen is the densest there is. How the'yre going to fit it in... 3 hours maximum is a mystery to me.
Nine Kuze 07-11-2007 01:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
And Watchmen is the densest there is. How the'yre going to fit it in... 3 hours maximum is a mystery to me.

Yeah, this is the one big concern I have mostly.

I mean, I'm not doubting him but Zack Synder doesn't seem to have the most clout to makes this kind of film. Also, I heard it was going to be around 2 1/2 hours and that Synder wants to include the sub-story about the pirate that parallels to the real world in Watchmen as well.

It looks like he's trying to fit too much in without much restraint really. I understand the aspect of trying to remain faithful to the graphic novel but this sounds like it will be a jumbled mess.
Peace.