is Alex Rosewater the son of Gordon Rosewater ?

Dangerous 01-21-2006 01:56 PM
I ask this question because they have both THE SAME FACES. But finally Alex discovered that he was a tomatoe like others. Too bad for him. Frown
X Prime 01-21-2006 02:04 PM
Chances are he's a genetic clone, and, by extension, a 'tomato'.
Dangerous 01-22-2006 10:39 AM
ok but why has Alex THE SAME FACE than Gordon ?
Anarky 01-22-2006 10:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by samirsouleyman
ok but why has Alex THE SAME FACE than Gordon ?

Maybe Gordon cloned himself, which would be the easiest explanation.
Randolph 01-22-2006 11:11 AM
All of the Tomatoes are supposedly clones of some other person from before the Incident.

During the flashback of Ep. 14, we see a number of people who are nearly identical to our current cast, who exist in a period before the Incident.
Most likely, these are the fellows from whom our current cast was cloned.

Which leads to the possibility that "Memories" may simply be a term
used to refer to any replicas or clones of anyone or anything from the past era....

Well, maybe.
Griever 01-22-2006 12:06 PM
i have to agree with the clone theory, but another theory which ive been thinking about was that all big o was a story called metropolis and by gordon refering to them as tomato's was him talking about characters he created, i know its a little outthere but the ending of big o kinda left you to figure out the story yourself
A Clockwork Tomato 01-22-2006 01:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Anarky
Maybe Gordon cloned himself, which would be the easiest explanation.

The easiest explanation for a family resemblance is that they're related.

Sex is easy; cloning is hard.
Robot7290 01-22-2006 07:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato

Gordon+Sex=BAD MENTAL IMAGE
Generalissimo D 01-22-2006 07:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Robot7290
quote:

Gordon+Sex=BAD MENTAL IMAGE

Congrats on your first ACT mindrape. Your officially part of the forum Tongue
Tickle Tickle 01-22-2006 07:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Robot7290
quote:

Gordon+Sex=FREAKING HOT

Fixed.
Lost_Cyborg 04-22-2006 07:54 AM
This has properly already be said...
As all the Tomatoes were clones of another person then it seems feasible that Alex is the son by clone of Gordon Rosewater.
Or... He could just be his son... But evidence in the show points more towards the former point.
DorothyFan1 04-22-2006 06:17 PM
The interesting side effect of this thread is making me wonder whether or not the "Rosewater" family name really belonged to Gordon. Remember, the last thing we see in Roger's "vision" while he was drowning with Big O in Act 26...was the name "Angel ROSEWATER" on the Metropolis book...meaning Angel was the "author" of not only the "book" but the entire Paradigm scenario. This means the tomatoes we see are all Angel's creations - NOT Gordon Rosewater. If that's the case, then Alex couldn't have been Gordon Rosewater's son. He was a tomato. BUT...since he had the ROSEWATER family name...the possibility exists that he was Angel's brother or son. We may just never know the answer thanks to the "finis" of Season 2 meaning "we'll never get a Season 3".
Lost_Cyborg 04-23-2006 05:51 AM
Or... Angel was anouther tomato... Possibly created with a similar intention in mind as Timothy and re-creating Dorothy. But that's out of my league at the moment, I've never given Angel much thought... Dunno why... Maybe I like Dorothy too much... I'm become quite proctective for no reason... *slaps head* Stop it LC! Like it or not is an anime!
ScionofDestiny 04-23-2006 07:59 PM
I've already stated my theory on the matter in a different thread.
SEELE 08 04-24-2006 11:57 AM
Meh I was always under the impression that Alex was the son of Angel and Gordon. Don't know why I got that idea I just did. Whoever that poor kid's parents were they did a really horrid job raising him. Gordon didn't even hug Alex! I'm telling you Gordon is just like Gendo....I really need to stop with the NGE but once I start theorizing about one it bleeds over into the other.
Lost_Cyborg 04-24-2006 12:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
Meh I was always under the impression that Alex was the son of Angel and Gordon. Don't know why I got that idea I just did. Whoever that poor kid's parents were they did a really horrid job raising him. Gordon didn't even hug Alex! I'm telling you Gordon is just like Gendo....I really need to stop with the NGE but once I start theorizing about one it bleeds over into the other.

AGH! BAD IMAGES!
ScionofDestiny 04-26-2006 06:57 PM
................................................................ who ................................................................... am ........................................... I?

Who am I?
This being within this being?
Am I one with other beings?
Wait ... beings being one with other beings can be taken sexually...
And sexuality leads to youths ...
And youths can be Alex Rosewater ...
And, in one reality in another, if the infinite possibility theory is correct...
Angel has to be Alex's mother in one of these infinite realities...
And if that is the case, then, in at least one of these infinite realities...
What has been said ... shall come to pass ...
And here comes the Paradigm Shift for my Mind.

.... Who ... Am ... I?