Did Roger defeat Alex because of Dorothy?

Griever 01-22-2006 12:41 PM
i have to agree i believe fau was a water type attack unit, there are 3 main means of offence,land sea and air and big duo is clearly the flight model, big o is superior on land and fau can attack from the sea using its mounted cannons on its back
Robot7290 01-22-2006 07:14 PM
Hmm. Now that I think about it. Big O had the pistons (semi-landing) and was superior on land, Big Duo had the propellors and was obviously build off of the design of a plane, and then Big Fau, when he was dragged underwater by Big O, used it's spinning wristcuffs like a propellor (again), but underwater.
Lost_Cyborg 01-23-2006 06:21 AM
I always thought that, but I've always had such a problem with Fau and Duo (despite Duo being my fave), neither Megadui are streamlined, in both the air and water the amount of drag would be immense.
But I guess it doesn't really matter in this case... I'm just a nitpicker like my dad.
6 moon dance 01-23-2006 10:53 AM
I always assumed that Roger was holding back when fighting Big Fau because he knew if he destroyed Fau, he'd destroy Dorothy too. Thus when he realized that Dorothy was "alive" and able to function without her memory Roger felt free to let loose and attack Fau with everything he had. Now I wonder if that assumption is correct. How could Roger know that Dorothy's core memory had been taken to operate Big Fau?


A Clockwork Tomato wrote
quote:
Does Dorothy act like a robot, or like a human who has been abused?)

Interesting question. Dorothy acts a lot like a clinically depressed human. But I don't think we can assume that if she is depressed it was caused by abuse. Her depression may be due to Post-Traumatic Stress brought on by seeing her grandfather gunned down in front of her or it may be be caused by unrequited love for a louse who is sometimes extremely insensitive to the point of verbal abuse or perhaps the cause is a combination of both.

The literature on sexual abuse says that girls who have been abused tend to become promiscuous. Dorothy does not flaunt her sexuality.
Lost_Cyborg 01-23-2006 12:26 PM
And I've personaly never seen that 'depressed' side to Dorothy. I have side the rarther fun loving personality of an 18 year old girl behind a close to blank face. (For some reason I'm able to read Dorothy like a book). She's never seemed depressed to me, the closest she's got in my opinion is anger, saddness (about Pero for example) and bordem.
Griever 01-23-2006 06:55 PM
i wouldnt say that dorothy is depressed,she was intended to be emotionless as she wasnt built with that function, but in her time around roger she picked up emotions, possibly in a attempt to fit in
Lost_Cyborg 01-24-2006 03:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Griever
i wouldnt say that dorothy is depressed,she was intended to be emotionless as she wasnt built with that function, but in her time around roger she picked up emotions, possibly in a attempt to fit in


And I quote "...I get it! You're copying us..."
But I get the feeling Dorothy's extremely robotic state early on was partly Roger's fault:
Dorothy seemed quite emotional around Timothy W, but after Roger saved her from Dorothy 1 she seemed suddenly robotic and begain to mimic people. So what happened? I'll tell you, Roger told Dorothy "...You're Dorothy Wayneright! Just be who you are!..." sure she can comprehend the 1st part but she can't be "Who she is" because she was made to be someone else, Roger's command* acted as a re-set, and she then had to re-learn how to act and 'be', she had to develop a personality of her own.


*She does appear to follow Azimov's 3 laws, if rarther watered down.

You might be wondering how I'd know something like that and be so sure about it, but it's because its very close to how I work, one of easyist and most efficient ways of getting me to do anything is to give me a direct order. I think this developed from loving Robot stories to much.
Spoderman 01-24-2006 11:34 PM
No, the chains are not attached to Big O after the Final Stage was released.

I rewatched the episode and confirmed this. Also, I think the final stage can be aimed, Clockwork Tomato... why else would it have a joystick?

The fact that he missed is Roger's error.

The collateral damage caused by the final stage is nothing compared to the destruction caused by Rosewater and his goons over the previous two episodes (and then consider The Third Big when Fau went haywire).

This is no justification, but I think most of the people in central dome were either evacuated or dead already. Regardless, it was a totally badass attack.

But this is besides the point. Life was restored after the reset.