The Golden Globes

Nine Kuze 01-17-2006 03:18 PM
I don't know know if you guys watched it or not but the Golden Globe Awards was on last night.

Basically, here's what went down:

Brokeback Mountain won Best Drama Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, and Best Original Song.

Walk the Line won Best Musical/Comedy Picture and Joaquin Phoenix and Resse Witherspoon won for Best Actor and Best Actress int he category.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Felicity Huffman won Best Actor and Actress for the Drama category.

Also, Rachel Weisz, Hugh Laurie, George Clooney, and Steve Carrell won awards and the rest of the Golden Globe winners are here.
Peace.
David Ryder 01-17-2006 05:54 PM
alrighty Steve Carrell won. Brokeback pretty much won a ton, like I though it would.
088nd 01-17-2006 06:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Walk the Line won Best Musical/Comedy Picture and Joaquin Phoenix and Resse Witherspoon won for Best Actor and Best Actress int he category.

Huh? Walk The Line was in no way, shape, or form a musical or comedy. Roll Eyes
Nine Kuze 01-18-2006 12:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd-DEpTH
quote:

I don't think they meant the term "musical" for Walk the Line as you would use for other movies such as "The Producers" or "Rent" but it was a biopic movie about Johnny Cash, a country genre musician. So I guess that's where they got musical from.

But I can see where your coming from.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 01-18-2006 04:18 PM
quote:
quote:

...The Globes have officially stopped mattering.
Travis Bickle 01-18-2006 04:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:
quote:

I don't think they ever really mattered in the first place.
Generalissimo D 01-18-2006 04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
quote:
quote:

They've never really mattered. They've only slightly mattered. All matterings left in it just went out like a Kamikaze pilot into an American ship.
Nine Kuze 01-18-2006 05:16 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
quote:
quote:

They've never really mattered. They've only slightly mattered. All matterings left in it just went out like a Kamikaze pilot into an American ship.

This is... somewhat true. After reading critics slam Mariah Carey, Scarlett Johannson, and Ellen Pompeo about what the hell they were wearing, I think I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the only awards ceremony that really matters worth a damn are the Oscars.

But still, it was an award ceremony and I just wanted to see if anybody watched it.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 01-15-2007 11:45 PM
Even though according to this thread they don't matter, I'm going to post some of the winners of the Golden Globes tonight anyway.

Best Picture (Drama): Babel
Best Picture (Comedy/Musical): Dreamgirls
Best Director: Martin Scorsese - The Departed
Best Actor (Drama): Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland
Best Actress (Drama): Helen Mirren - The Queen
Best Actor (Comedy/Musical): Sacha Baron Cohen - Borat
Best Actress (Comedy/Musical): Meryl Streep - The Devil Wears Prada
Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy - Dreamgirls
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson - Dreamgirls
Peace.