Webcomics

Brock 01-16-2006 07:48 AM
Know any good webcomics? I'm sure you've found at least one or two gems somewhere on the web. Post 'em here, your views on webcomics in general, etc. Because I'm sure you have those, too. ;p

Mutant Ninja Turtles Gaiden

A good TMNT fancomic. I love reading good fancomics of any of my favorite cartoons, so this is right up there on my list of comics to read every time it's updated. Full of turtle angst, though, and updates are very random.

Grim Tales from Down Below

A fancomic of various cartoons / movies strewn together, but based around The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I love this person's art style, and it updates every Sunday, so I never have to wait for long. Also includes appearances of Spawn, and the entire Nightmare Before Christmas crew.

Punks and Nerds

Pretty funny webcomic based around no cartoon in general, but still containing references to plenty of old cartoons ( Doug, Smurfs, etc. ). Contains two big fistfulls of vulgarity, so I guess if you're offended easily or you're at work, you should tread lightly.

More to be posted soon, probably, I just want to see what ya'll come up with.
Zopwx2 01-16-2006 07:51 AM
DINOSAUR COMICS

THE PERRY BIBLE FELLOWSHIP

TOOTHPASTE FOR DINNER

Thats pretty much all you need, and please nobody post VGcats.
Randolph 01-16-2006 07:57 AM
Well, I know of ACE_Spark's comic,
http://www.cosmic-hero.com/
Certainly not for children. ACE recommends for 16-ish and up.
Not bad, though.

And of course, there is the infamous www.bobandgeorge.com,
which is home to the very funny Karnak Hates Everything Show
and Rick O' Shay's Oddball Fancomics.

Very good stuff.
Lady Tesser 01-16-2006 09:59 AM
The Devil's Panties is just too funny ... especially if you're an artist/convention/costume/LARP/goth/clubbing/southern/puppet/computer/cat/R
en-Fest/sex/puns/comic-book geek. Girl-centric with biting humor, but everyone will get the jokes and recognize quite a few people-types they know. Mainly because she writes from Real Life and knows these people (DJ the lesbian cop is the best character).

Watch out for Jennie's caffeine-sugar rushes, they can get surreal.
Wingnut 01-16-2006 03:06 PM
Zap In Space

An interglactic adventure where the main character, Zap Vexler who is a psychic with no memory, gets chosen to captain a ship by the ship itself. Along with a 4-armed version of Chewie, a smart-ass robot, and a hot red-head, Zap sets out to find out who he is and try to win the heart of the girl too. You just need to read this one.
Green_Bird 01-16-2006 03:15 PM
And Shine Heaven Now and Blood Knight are two good ones based off of Hellsing....and the only ones I really read. Though I have found some good one shot comics off of Deviant art....But that's about it....
The Fallen Phoenix 01-16-2006 03:27 PM
Any list of webcomics lacking 8-bit Theatre is horribly incomplete.

But that has been ammended now, so no lasting harm done.
Sharpshooter005 01-16-2006 04:52 PM
The one. The only..

DINOSAUR COMICS

Not enough? How about the misadventures of two quarter circles..

Death to the Extremist

Hey everybody. PENGUINS.

Pokey the Penguin

Sadly the comic with two cubes conversing in non-sequiturs seems down, and has been for years. It...it wasn't as good as death to the extremist from what I remember. If you need talking shapes, that ones your best bet.

Plots? This is the internet, those don't take well to this barren and harsh soil.
kaura117 01-16-2006 08:34 PM
College Roomies from Hell!!! is one of those comics that take a while to sink your teeth into- but once you do, you're stuck. Early art sucks, but the humor and virtuoso plotting's been mostly consistent.

And why the HECK do I not see Questionable Content on the above lists?!
Generalissimo D 01-16-2006 09:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kaura117
And why the HECK do I not see Questionable Content on the above lists?!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/121/200512111fd.gif

Punks and Nerds
Alien Loves Predator

And if Elijah and Azuu ever gets back online, look for that too.
Sharpshooter005 01-19-2006 07:10 PM
Apparently I now draw a webcomic sometimes. And by sometimes I mean every two months or so, if even that regularly.

This was as shocking to me as it was to anyone. It's read by...maybe a good ten people (this is the optimistic guess at the number), on the other forum I'm on. They probably have to pretend it's funny, because I have the ability to ban them.

It's basically about this nameless guy whos roommate is an alien, it's drawn in ms paint with as little art as I can manage, and is designed to be as generally inaccessible to most of the audience as possible.

Heres an example.

Awful as this is, I'm obligated to pretend its genius. And thus rank it as one of the "best" webcomics.
Generalissimo D 01-19-2006 07:14 PM
You should look for work in the [as] comedy team.

Edit:I don't mean that as an insult, really. I mean, I'm pretty sure this stuff would floor the building. Its at least 2.478902% better than Seth McFarlanes stuff.
Green_Bird 01-25-2006 10:22 PM
Found another good one I just got done reading it up to the latest one....Okashina Okashi (Strange Candy). Okay so it sometimes gets a little wordy....but still.
paul1290 01-28-2006 03:16 PM
Planet Zebeth

It's a webcomic for metroid fans! Big Grin