The ADD Thread

The Baker St. Irregular 01-14-2006 11:43 PM
By that, I mean whatever strange thought is mercilessly assaulting your brain at the moment, such as a song or a word that repeats over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until you take a wrench to your skull. Something like that is typical of ADD. (Trust me, I know. I have the dang malady.)

Just a thread to complain about that sort of thing.

---

Right now, at this very moment, it's the crazy organ riff thing from "Pump It Up" by Elvis Costello that won't LEAVE MY BRAIN ALONE. Seriously, man. Before, small parts from various Ghost in the Shell SAC songs.

Oh, crap. There's that part from "Siberian Dollhouse" again...
Travis Bickle 01-14-2006 11:52 PM
ADD is just a tool by pharmaceutical companies to make more money.

However, this concept is interesting. Right now, I'm thinking about the fact that, several hours ago, I (along with a few friends) tresspassed/broke into the Fontainebleau for a few hours and made ourselves at home.

Mr. Fortnight 01-15-2006 12:07 AM
Actually, Ms. Samwise, what you're describing is a meme. Obviously there was something in that music that grabbed your attention.

But besides the point, since we're getting no cedit in class for this, I think I'd better add to this (chuckle, add.. ADD... get it? lol?)

Sometimes I tart going over in my head rules mechanics for RPGs, not to figure out how to break them, but to make them easierto play to get past all that annoying rolling that gets in the way of being in character.

That and trying to think of a password that while not unbreakible, will be so difficult to crack, that only the most dedicated of hacker, and the most equipped of a Fed would crack.

That's what goes through my mind ATM.

Oh, I should add that sometimes I go through my head the best assault tactics of getting through cs_office on CounterStrike: Source while on the CT side. So far the best tactic seems to get to either the window at the lounge near the front of the complex, or assault via the garage door and take the window/exit in the back yard area.

Yep, that's about it.
Randolph 01-20-2006 09:17 AM
I keep having an interesting sensation.
It may sound silly, but I actually have this feeling once in a while.
It persists in my mind, despite my activity, and it is starting to get irritating.

I have the unusual inkling that there is an army of what may be
100,000 very drunk Slovak shock troops behind my back,
cheering like miserable sod at some speech my brainstem
appears to have given.

It is quite odd.

That, and I have begun whispering words such as "KaBoom",
"Mass Death" and "Magical Destruction" under my breath
spontaneously.
Seriously, I have. And I have no explanation for it.
Although the Slovak troops may be involved.
The Baker St. Irregular 01-20-2006 09:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Randolph
I keep having an interesting sensation.
It may sound silly, but I actually have this feeling once in a while.
It persists in my mind, despite my activity, and it is starting to get irritating.

I have the unusual inkling that there is an army of what may be
100,000 very drunk Slovak shock troops behind my back,
cheering like miserable sod at some speech my brainstem
appears to have given.

It is quite odd.

That, and I have begun whispering words such as "KaBoom",
"Mass Death" and "Magical Destruction" under my breath
spontaneously.
Seriously, I have. And I have no explanation for it.
Although the Slovak troops may be involved.

Anime Smile My! How fascinating! I was wondering when you would begin to notice that, because everyone else here was beginning to get worried.
Dork 03-21-2006 03:34 PM
Might be some form of hyperfocusing. ADD Girls tend to do that.

And just for the record ADD isn't a malady or a disorder but rather a grammatically tricky label for how certain peoples' brains are hardwired. Certain very attractive, intellectually superior peoples's brains are hardwired. Come on; you know we're better than the normals. Big Grin

I can't stop thinking about Laura from Battlestar Galactica @_@ It's driving me crazy.

Hopefully something shinier will catch my eye in the next two to three weeks and I can pass BSG's seven-month hiatus not giving a frak about BSG.

muchlove
-Dork
Jabberwiccy 03-24-2006 08:28 PM
Is it strange that I can't stop thinking about nothing? Or that I, shame of all shames, keep getting the first few lines from 'Ice, Ice Baby' stuck in my head? Or that I keep hearing strange lines from 'Little Shop of Horrors?'
paul1290 03-24-2006 08:42 PM
I had the Pokemon theme song stuck in my head for a week once. That was torture.
Mike 03-24-2006 08:49 PM
For a while now I keep humming the battle theme from Pokemon.

DAMN YOU YTMND
Generalissimo D 03-24-2006 08:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
I had the Pokemon theme song stuck in my head for a week once. That was torture.

I hope at the very least it wasn't backwards.

Now THAT is torture.
Sir Nise 03-24-2006 11:00 PM
sometimes I wish I had 4 hands or like 6 fingers in GAttaca. Not for any specific reason, just to have them.

I think there needs to be a law against bad phrases.
paul1290 03-25-2006 06:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Nise

I think there needs to be a law against bad phrases.

If there were no bad phrases then there wouldn't be any good ones either. Everything would be considered boring and normal. Big Grin

Sometimes I say stuff like "Congratulations!" or "Why! Dang it!" at random for no apparent reason.
Big Money 03-25-2006 06:22 PM
Right now I am heavily resisting the urge to dump, oh, maybe 200 ytmnds in this thread, just because of the mention of ytmnd and the pokemon song.. Now everyone, thank me. Thank me for being merciful.
paul1290 03-25-2006 06:30 PM
OMG!!! YOU DON'T KILL THE CLOWN!!! THE CLOWN KILLS YOU!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Big Grin

But seriously, recently I've also been saying "YOU DON'T KILL THE CLOWN!!! THE CLOWN KILLS YOU!!!" at random for no apparent reason. It started happening after I saw the Madness Combat 5 flashplayer video.
Jabberwiccy 03-26-2006 02:28 PM
WTF is ytmnds?
BethMcBeth 03-27-2006 08:16 AM
Let’s see hmmm Beth ADD moments:

I left a butter lid on top of a warm stove and it melted and I couldn't figure out why it melted.

If I hear the Big O Theme song I can't get it out of my head for weeks... T_T....

If I see any kind of cat I want to go hold it.

I really like things that are soft, cute or shinny.

I'll start laughing for no reason and then I can't stop.

Yeah I guess that’s it for now. XD!

-Beth
Randolph 03-27-2006 08:56 AM
For ten years now...

Every time I have an impure thought ("omg bewbs", "wtf 2 grlz snoggen" and the like), I have a vision.
I have a vision of the most awesome-looking wizard in history appearing before me, crowned with a steepled hat and ensconced in flowing black. Red pentegrams come alight on the backs of his hands and the thought is erased from my brain, flying from me as orbules of luminous energy to his palms. He then vanishes into the moonlit sky, leaving me without words and wondering whether that last glass of Kool-Aid was a bad idea.

Sounds silly? Creepily, it's true.
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-03-2006 09:17 PM
BUNNIES MAN! The bunnies reproduce like crazy! Little bunnies every six months or something...BUNNIES!

I came up with a really weird thought. Check my Random Thoughts thread to see. Now the bunnies are taking over my brain...

AND CATEPILLARS! Catepillars make exelent spies for fairies. I am seriously demented right now...

Gotta go before I really go mental...

YA-DU-LEA!
Jabberwiccy 04-05-2006 09:46 AM
ANd that is why I'm no longer allowed into the conventions of Unconventional conventionalists.