Episode 42 Discussion: "His Name is Unknown"

Shredder 01-14-2006 11:03 PM
New intro: "Rewrite"! This ep is a turning point in the series, plus more great action- enjoy! Big Grin
Raven 01-14-2006 11:30 PM
Praise the lord!!

spoiler (highlight to read):
Scar is finally, finally dead!.... hopefully.

That wasn't that bad of an episode. Finally, things are really begin to move with the story. I wonder if Archer is stil alive?
evanASF27 01-14-2006 11:37 PM
i've gotta search some old Big O New Ep posts in order to find the right words to express this episode's awesomeness.

I mean really....20 f'in minutes WITHOUT COMMERCIAL BREAK. That's very very unlike [as] O____O!! But thankful too...because omg that was a frickin kickass episode....That episode kicked much ass...The asses of many, having been kicked tonight, were...it was like an animated Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking the "Awesome Factor" scale to ungodly heights and then saying "no, stfu! Go higher!"...
Hobodoken 01-15-2006 12:14 AM
Any description I attempt will fail to do this episode justice.
Sephiroth 01-15-2006 08:55 AM
You know, I'd generally do some kind of synopsis here, but in keeping with the trend of this thread, I'll just say:

This episode was so utterly amazing that had it been anymore awesome, it would have opend a hole in the space time continuim, unleashing a giant Jean Claude van Dam that would proceed to eat the world. It was simply that amazing. Scar was brilliant, Lust was a rebel, and they finally got a philosopher's stone. Awesome cannot accurately convey how much this episode ruled.

P.S.
quote:
I wonder if Archer is stil alive?

Yea, he definatly survived. He becomes the freaking terminator in a few episodes.
Raven 01-15-2006 05:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Greed
Yea, he definatly survived. He becomes the freaking terminator in a few episodes.

Yeah, I thought I saw a picture of him with all these metal parts added on. It also looked like the alchemy only got half of him.

By the way, I can't wait for ante to get hers. Not only did she steal poor Lyra's body from her just to prolong her own life, but she then had to kill her in a violent way.
MercZ 01-15-2006 06:21 PM
It was a very interesting episode. A new intro as well, which was well animated (What was that at the beginning, an Elevator ride?)

Interesting- All of Lior got wiped out, and Al becomes the Philosopher Stone. I think we are nearing the end of the series though, as the conflict is probably going to escalate now.
Schoolie 01-16-2006 12:37 PM
Great episode - lots of plot threads tying up, tying together, or threading out to new possibilities. Scar's ending was fit for his character. I would have liked to seen more of Mustang/Hawkeye/Armstrong's dismantling of the chimeras.

I, too, wonder if we're getting close to the end. I'm not trying to pay attention to episode number, though, because knowing how many shows are left kinda takes the enjoyment out of watching the show.
Nine Kuze 01-17-2006 02:41 PM
Damn, that was the best episode of FMA since 'Theory of Avarice' when another stand up dude (Greed) died. And Evan you were right, that episode kicked so much ass that you couldn't even put in words how much ass it kicked.

Damn...

So Al is now the Philosopher's Stone. Funny how him and Ed have been searching for it for four years and now they finally have... but not in the way that they wanted. And Scar in this episode, where's his Emmy? He was moving and Lust was magificant as well. I was really hoping that Scar would reveal his real name and is story about his own brother and why he has developed feeling for the boys was cool as well.

I'm getting real tired of Wrath and where has Envy been? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the little green haired piece of you know what hasn't been on lately but I was wondering what he was up to. And when Sloth called Edward her "Prince of Cool", that was bad. Trisha Elric is probably rolling in her grave because Sloth makin' her look bad.

Anyway, yeah I was hoping
that Archer gets killed too but he survives and he basically becomes the Terminator
and I also hope that "Lyra" gets hers as well. I'm also not feeling the new theme song but the ending theme is pretty fresh and what the hell happened to the previews?!
Peace.