Uwe Boll reading MGS script

Xel 01-13-2006 03:02 PM
Why is there not a vomiting icon. Why.

Why.

quote:
1UP confirmed with the director today that he's been reading a Metal Gear Solid script commissioned by Konami to an unnamed writer. Boll wasn't able to provide any details, so it's unconfirmed whether Konami's aiming for a straight adaptation of the game series or an original adventure, but he did confirm the film's only in the script stage.

(Source: http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146949)
Wazpy 01-13-2006 03:11 PM
Still, I don't want Kojima in charge. The movie would be 5 hours long and end on a cliffhanger.

As far as I'm concerned, MGS is a movie already. They're just trying to expand outside of the video game community, which I don't really care about.
Sharpshooter005 01-13-2006 03:16 PM
Kojima's already close to a director (Kitamura or something? The one who worked on the remake of MGS). So..I have no idea how good the guy is, but if ones made I'm going to say Kojima's judgement can be trusted.

Oh, otherwise..this cannot be allowed to happen. If the Russian mafia needs to be given a commission to ensure that Dr. Boll meets with an unfortunate accident that involves his kneecaps, then...well, things happen.
Xel 01-13-2006 03:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Kojima's already close to a director (Kitamura or something? The one who worked on the remake of MGS). So..I have no idea how good the guy is, but if ones made I'm going to say Kojima's judgement can be trusted.

Oh, otherwise..this cannot be allowed to happen. If the Russian mafia needs to be given a commission to ensure that Dr. Boll meets with an unfortunate accident that involves his kneecaps, then...well, things happen.

Kitamura's pretty neat. A little flashy, but he's cool. XD

Thing is, I gather that Kojima had absolutely nothing to do with this script or its journey over to Uwe Boll's mailbox. You'd think he'd step in if it came to that... god, I hope to hell that he'd step in.
David Ryder 01-13-2006 03:56 PM
Uwe Boll? well there goes my hope for this movie.
Generalissimo D 01-13-2006 04:25 PM
OH GOD NO

Please, oh kind and loving God, don't let him get the rights. And if he does, may a bus of Mercy hit him.
Mr. Fortnight 01-15-2006 12:15 AM
To be all kidding here, Uwe Boll should have his name changed to Eww Boll. Because that's what people say when they hear he's going to be director. Ewwwwww.... Boll. >_<
Blue Crow 01-20-2006 09:40 PM
if he ends up directing the devil may cry movie, i would probably die.

it's going to be hard enough just to make it as cool as the games without it being cheesy, regardless of who the director is.

-BC
Sharpshooter005 01-21-2006 10:05 PM
Apparently he has a doctorate.

So...yeah, I suppose thats cheapened the title to the point where I'm just going to claim one. In uh...."e-solutions", yeah. That'll work.

quote:
If the Allmighty Wiki is true, its in literature.

I kept forgetting what it was, yeah.

If it had been in history...I'd have to cry, as I'd be just that much closer to becoming something I hate.
Generalissimo D 01-21-2006 10:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Apparently he has a doctorate.

So...yeah, I suppose thats cheapened the title to the point where I'm just going to claim one. In uh...."e-solutions", yeah. That'll work.

If the Allmighty Wiki is true, its in literature.

So this means he's well read...but a sh**ty director.
Gummibear 01-23-2006 07:40 PM
Eww...!

Uwe Boll...the guy who shat out the filth that was the Bloodrayne film?

What the hell was Konami thinking?! What a travesty! Metal Gear Solid deserves much better!
Xel 02-06-2006 01:07 PM
A happy resolution.

quote:
Says Kojima:

"Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/02/03/kojima...its-impossible/

Oh, snap. XD
Generalissimo D 02-06-2006 01:34 PM
quote:
Says Kojima:

"Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."

Well, there is a God after all.
Sharpshooter005 02-06-2006 02:26 PM
Uwe Boll and Hideo Kojima are sort of similar, in that some of their ideas may initially sound totally crazy.

The difference is Kojima's ideas actually work. Whereas Bolls ideas involve things like casting Meat Loaf in a movie and then comparing himself to Sergio Leone.
David Ryder 02-06-2006 08:23 PM
great news indeed.