[Comment] Linking images from here

Document Oosha 01-12-2006 02:20 PM
A recent forum post by me, RampantBob1

Um, sorry? I realize it was rude to [?siphon] your bandwidth without permission, even for a small image in a post few will read. I figured asking someone for hosting would take too long, and the thread would become even deader.

Normally I would have used the webspace I'm allotted by the school, but it seems to be down at the moment. The thing is, the image worked when I previewed the message before posting it, so I had no idea that this would happen.

I'd delete the post there, but we B.orgers don't believe that being able to alter past statements is good for discourse (despite the comedy potential). So the "DISREGARD" has to substitute for deletion. (Although, come to think of it, it also draws attention to the fact that it's a false *NM*; possibly leading more people to open it. Oh well.)

(Also: Should I have apologized by email or PM instead of forum? It occurs to me that there's no reason for anyone but the administration to read this. Except to admire how awesomely humble I can be, or second-guess whether it was an appropriate time to post random anime in-jokes in that thread.)
The_Big_G 01-12-2006 04:27 PM
Since I have a domain and plenty of unused bandwidth, I've uploaded the picture of Gordon to my site. You can use this link...it's such a tiny file, I doubt it will put much of a dent in my monthly allotment.

http://www.guyg.com/images/Gordon1.jpg

perhaps it *does* pay to post an apology thread instead of just a PM Wink
Document Oosha 01-12-2006 05:08 PM
I might be able to use that. Should I just mention your name as an acknowledgement?
The_Big_G 01-12-2006 09:33 PM
Oh no, that's not necessary...please go ahead and just direct link the file.

Seeing that I still have files in the directory that I put up two years ago "temporarily", I don't think it'll be in the way.
Krang 01-13-2006 02:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Document Oosha
Um, sorry? I realize it was rude to [?siphon] your bandwidth without permission, even for a small image in a post few will read. I figured asking someone for hosting would take too long, and the thread would become even deader.

No problem, I'm not upset at all. That is actually the result of a script that automatically prevents any images hosted on our site from being displayed on domains other than paradigm-city.com. The script is just there as a safeguard in case any of our images are posted in a place that could potentially drain our bandwidth, so it was not specifically targeted at your post or at the forums where you posted it. And thanks, The_Big_G, for hosting the image.