For Sharpshooter: Silent Hill

Patsai 01-12-2006 09:01 AM
Hey Sharpshooter (and others who're just as eager to know), if you [all] haven't found out already, Sony released a teaser trailer for the live action Silent Hill movie. It's my little, cheap-a** gift to you [all] (well technically its free). Big Grin

Enjois.

Silent Hill article & trailer

I'm not much of a Silent Hill fan (3 was good though), I do admit that this movie is going to be REALLY good.
Sharpshooter005 01-13-2006 10:14 PM
This is maybe the sixth time I've watched that trailer. And I'm still completely in love with it.
David Ryder 01-13-2006 10:22 PM
looks good....wait what's that?

*all of a sudden Uwe Boll swings in and steals the script and original film*

"Haha stupid americans, I will ruin another series!"
Sharpshooter005 01-13-2006 10:25 PM
If Uwe Boll had come within 50 feet of this, a car bomb would have gotten involved somehow.

I mean there are some things that just aren't supposed to be.
David Ryder 01-13-2006 10:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
If Uwe Boll had come within 50 feet of this, a car bomb would have gotten involved somehow.

I mean there are some things that just aren't supposed to be.

oh I'm with ya on that. He orginally was putting up quite a fight for the rights to this and several other big name titles. Thank god he didn't get it, because I could see him doing this. Insert random pointless Martial Arts scene, bullet time, and other retarded things.
Sharpshooter005 01-15-2006 06:35 PM
Pyramid head using gun-kata with the giant sword/knife thing just dosen't ever need to be committed to film.

Speaking of that. I can only notice..maybe two or three things in the trailer that use CGI (Pyramid head, possibly the patient demon, and MAYBE the shots of the nurse zombies walking, but that may be some form of cinematic trickery) which is another reason I'm optimistic about this. The production crew has gone on record as saying they want to minimize the use of CGI.

For pyramid head, it's okay. Since I can't see someone in a costume pulling that off. And some of the monsters also. Like the patient demons, since in SH2 those just twitched so insanely that I'm not sure a person in a costume could pull it off.

edit: Speaking of Uwe Boll, he's making a fear effect movie. I don't know if we have any fans of that game on here, but if we do. You can basically just expect zombies, gunfights, and lesbians. I only played that game for 10 minutes, which is possibly more than uwe boll knows of it. And thats basically all I can remember..so I'm almost completely sure thats all he'll even know about the game.

edit: New trailer.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/silenthillqt.html
088nd 02-01-2006 02:59 PM
Dunno if this was mentioned in NIne XXVI's thread, if it was delete this. But this movie looks f***ing awesome, and seems like it has the same atmosphere as the game. Guess it's kind of a composite of the first 3 or something.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808718754
Nine Kuze 02-01-2006 03:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd-DEpTH
Dunno if this was mentioned in NIne XXVI's thread, if it was delete this. But this movie looks f***ing awesome, and seems like it has the same atmosphere as the game. Guess it's kind of a composite of the first 3 or something.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808718754

It was mentioned before, but only in a couple of posts that Sharpie did, describing the movie. So, your good 088nd-DEpTH. But the summary and the trailer didn't look too bad at all, and I'm not too big on the whole Silent Hill thing but it actually looks like a current horror film that's worth watching.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 02-01-2006 07:23 PM
088nd 02-01-2006 07:57 PM
Jesus Christ, it's even on the same page.

I f***ing suck. Delete this thread plz.

Frown
Sharpshooter005 02-01-2006 09:19 PM
quote:
Guess it's kind of a composite of the first 3 or something.

Apparently. Or theres some elements of 2 in there, but I think it's mainly going to have the cult from 1 and 3 as well as the "missing child" plot element from 1.

One thing that just hit me...apparently the movie places Silent Hill somewhere in West Virginia, and one of the publicity stills shows two people with an old flashlight, respirators and an empty bird cage. I initially thought "okay...thats just weird enough to fit in here", then I realized they look very much like old miners of some type. Maybe the devastating fire mentioned in the trailer will further figure into that.
Nine Kuze 02-17-2006 12:54 PM
Here's an article about some more on the Silent Hill. It talks about the set, and the production aspect of the film.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 02-18-2006 10:07 PM
Apparently..heres a picture of pyramid head.

Oh hell yes.
X Prime 02-18-2006 11:25 PM
...The helmet isn't the burning red of HELLFIRE.

WHYYYYYYYYYY!?
Sharpshooter005 02-19-2006 12:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
...The helmet isn't the burning red of HELLFIRE.

WHYYYYYYYYYY!?

It's a little slimmer too. The sides didn't resemble a chain-link fence, and the bolts weren't there in the games.

Also if we're getting technical, it wasn't totally red. It was more..rust colored.

Maybe the reason it isn't some totally enclosed helmet is because the movie seems to have the cult playing a larger part. Perhaps this isn't an ENTIRELY "supernatural" pyramid head as he was in 2 (being a construct of james' psyche in many ways). Maybe it's the executioner that pyramid head wound up being based off of?

The knife is pretty accurate though, before anyone take issue with that. If it looks to slim thats because it's at an angle where most of it appears to be less than visible.

Furthermore..is that a nurse demon in his hand? It looks as if it has a hat, or is that something with his hand?

edit: Furthermore...please, please let there be a SH5..If not even more than that.
Generalissimo D 02-19-2006 01:19 AM
That is a BFK.

I envy that helmet.
Travis Bickle 02-19-2006 01:51 AM
Wait...what's the point of having pyramid head if they're probably not going to do the rape scenes (given the context of why they were used).
Sharpshooter005 02-19-2006 03:24 AM
The infamous "pyramid head rape scene" must have been some cutscene I didn't get. Since...I honestly can't remember it.

Like...yeah, apparently you have to reenter some room you leave to see it?

It makes sense why it wouldn't be in this though. Since...the context was it was James' subconcious projecting his desires and/or regrets. And snce James isn't a character in the movie...yeah.

Keep in mind Pyramid Head wasn't ALL in his mind. It was based off the "misty day-remains of the judgement" painting in the historical center. So Pyramid Head (or there were more maybe) was initially some sort of executioner, either connected with the cult or some other aspect of the town. Also the creators have said the robes he wears are symbolic of Valitel, which is another correlation to the cult.

Either way, the idea of an awesome looking pyramid head on the big screen doing its thing is almost worth the price of a ticket on its own. Let alone how the rest of the movie looks good.

With trailers like the one for "ultraviolet"..I'd even go see nothing but a 90 minute movie ENTIRELY COMPRISED of pyramid head looking menacing and doing weird and creepy stuff. It'd probably be better than alot of whats out there.
David Ryder 02-19-2006 10:22 AM
Nice find sharp, aside from this helmet looking a little different, it looks spot on. Well my excitement for this movie just went threw the roof. This already looks better than those god awful RE movies. Many thanks goes to Konami for actually caring about the SH series and working along side the production crew.
Blue Crow 02-19-2006 12:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
those god awful RE movies.

i'm still mad at capcom for turning down george romero's script for a RE film because it was "too violent".

ok,

A) the guy did f***ing night of the living dead, for god's sake. the resident evil games were practically game versions of his films to begin with.

B) too violent? is that even possible for a RE movie? zombies = violence.

capcom finally had a chance to do the RE franchise justice with a potentially classic movie, but they decided to settle for something most people will probably see for the first time on a TBS re-run and immediately forget.

damn.

-BC