Yo.

Brock 01-11-2006 10:47 PM
Name's Brock.
Newcomer to Paradigm.

I've had a well-rooted love of Big O for a long time now.. Ever since I first saw it air on CN. However, I've only recently begun to actually appreciate and express my love of the series.. Buying the DVDs, watching the show more often, and all-around taking more interest in it.

A little about me personally.

I like to consider myself an all-around "artist".. I like drawing and sketching, singing, taking photographs, editing those photographs on Adobe, messing around on Adobe in general, writing stories and poetry, and I even dabble in the creation of Anime Music Videos.

I also consider myself "literate". I like to read, particularly books from farmiliar authors that I love, including Tom Clancy, Anne Rice, etc. I like to Roleplay [ also literately ], whether it be in paragraph form or a slightly faster sentence form.

I'm a gamer. I like video games. I play stealth games, first person shooters, roleplaying games, fighting games, racing games, platform games, puzzle games.. Anything that catches my attention will be whore'd until I've beaten every little aspect of it that I can get my hands on.

I'm an otaku of small allegiance.. I like to collect anime and watch anime as much as I can. I have a small, but steadily-growing collection including well-known anime and lesser-known anime.. VHS, DVD, and some Manga.

I also collect swords, daggers, and pocket knives of all kinds.

I hope to become a member of this community and participate in these forums as often as I can. I can be busy quite a lot, but I can find time to spare.
X Prime 01-11-2006 11:14 PM
Welcome new chap... I see you post well. I hope you can keep it up.

A favor though, if you would.

Ease up on the small prnt, please. It's very hard to read.
Brock 01-11-2006 11:36 PM
Duely noted and taken care of.

Sorry, I sometimes forget that not everyone has as high a resolution as mine or sit as close to the monitor as I do. I'll keep off the small fonts now.

And, yes, I try to post as well as I can. It's hard sometimes, but I keep standards for myself and hold myself up to them.
Randolph 01-11-2006 11:42 PM
Welcome, Brock. Glad to see another letter-perfect gent on the boards.

I hope you enjoy the time that you spend here.
Our various anime threads are quite educational. Read up and learn to your
heart's content.

Again, welcome and enjoy.
David Ryder 01-11-2006 11:43 PM
Greetings amd welcome to the forums, and your Juji Kabane sig thing rocks and does Gungrave.
X Prime 01-11-2006 11:45 PM
...What? Are you sure that signature isn't some fanart of Castlevania's Soma Cruz? It looks so much like him...
Brock 01-11-2006 11:47 PM
Sorry, Prime, but it's definitely Juji Kabane from Gungrave OD. I looked him up, specifically, for the signature. Surprisingly enough, he's quite hard to find, despite his level of "badass". You'd figure there'd be many a fanart of him around.
Asirt 01-11-2006 11:54 PM
Welcome to Paradigm City, Brock. I hope you have a good time here at the forums. Smile

Be sure to check out the topics available to you, but more importantly, try to have fun here. Big Grin

If you need anything, be sure to ask the mods, admin, or the members here. They'll be sure to help you out. Wink

Again, welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay. Happy
Brock 01-11-2006 11:57 PM
Thank you all.

Side-note:

I made a Big O Music Video, and I e-mailed Shredder about adding it to the site. I noticed he's been on and off a few times since then, but I've recieved no reply or notice. Does he regularly check his e-mail, or are they not accepting content at this time?
X Prime 01-11-2006 11:59 PM
Hmmm... Why don't you PM him as insurance? The admins have had email problems before.
Brock 01-12-2006 12:03 AM
Noted and taken care of.

Surprisingly enough, I don't see many Big O music videos done.. Not often. That's one of the main reasons I made mine. If anybody's interested in seeing the actual AMV, feel free to PM me and I'll give you instructions on downloading it.
Generalissimo D 01-12-2006 06:42 AM
Welcome Brock.

Watch out for the hazardous things, and enjoy yourself.
Tony Waynewrong 01-12-2006 07:55 AM
Welcome to PCF, Brock. I hope you enjoy your stay. The Fanfics, fan-art and fans are great here. Leave your sanity at the door with Schwartzwald; they're not permitted here. Big Grin
BethMcBeth 01-12-2006 08:58 AM
Hey there! Welcome to PCF! There are tons of things to see and do here! I hope you have lots of fun!

-Beth
Pygmalion 01-12-2006 10:22 AM
Greetings, Brock, and welcome to our happy domes! With a name meaning "badger," what better present than a map to the Underground?

Since you are interested in fan works, you might enjoy Player Piano or ACT's "Season 3" series, which begins with Act 27: Life Goes On. These are but two of many interesting stories and pictures in Nightingale forum. If you search there, you should find links to AMVs. There are also 2004's Heaven's Day contest entries linked in this thread. And soon, I hope, the entries for 2005 will be judged and ready to be seen.

Smith Mansion is your source of analysis and creative guesswork about the show itself.

Ailesberry has tons of info on other anime and manga.

Speakeasy is the home of off-Big O posts and birthday wishes.

Finally, JFK Mark is the place to discuss topics about the boards. There are lively continuing threads on avatars and banners.

Hope to see you around the fora!

Cheers,
Pygmalion
paul1290 01-14-2006 07:54 PM
Hi and Welcome!

Be sure to watch where you park your car because your car insurance might not cover damages caused by megadeuses.
Zopwx2 01-17-2006 04:36 AM
Welcome son!
Sephiroth 01-17-2006 09:59 PM
Welcome, hello, and howdy! I hope you enjoy your stay at these lovely forums. My welcoming gift to you is (as always) a tactical nuclear missile. Have some radioactive fun with it!
R.Smith 01-18-2006 10:40 PM
Welcome Brock! Big Grin I hope you have a pleasant stay here at Paradigm-City.com Pleased

Please check out the Orientation thread for a quick guide of what's here to see, and the Visual Rule Guide. And stop on by the Forum Rules to get an idea of what's ok, and what's not.

Also, if you have a question, feel free to pm me.Big Grin