Best Movie Performances

Nine Kuze 01-11-2006 06:09 PM
I was just thinking about this topic myself and I was curious about what some of your responses to this question would be.

We all have our favorite movies and we all have our favorite performances in movies. What were some of those performances that made you think about the role and the emphasis of the movie even long after it was over or that role that just left you speechless and impressed? No matter what movie or where in time, what were your favorite and best movie performances?
Peace.
Generalissimo D 01-11-2006 07:28 PM
Chris Sarandon should die. Just because.
David Ryder 01-11-2006 08:09 PM
I though Russel Crows preformance in Gladiator was great, ya know before the started chucking phones at people.
Nine Kuze 01-13-2006 10:39 AM
Yeah, I'm also a Russell Crowe fan (before the whole phone thing) and I really enjoyed his performance in 'Gladiator' and even more so in 'A Beutiful Mind'.

Off the top of my head right now, the performances I think are the best are Kevin Spacey in not only 'American Beauty' but also in 'The Usual Suspects', Jamie Foxx in 'Ray' was just amazing, although I think he should have won the Oscar for this performance (Damn you to hell, Adrien Brody!!), Daniel Day-Lewis in 'Gangs of New York' was just glorious. That's what I got right now.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 01-13-2006 03:53 PM
quote:
Jamie Foxx in 'Ray' was just amazing

I was so totally wrong about that movie its not funny. I remember basically apologizing to people after the Oscars.

When I first heard about it, I remember going "Jamie Foxx? Whos that? The guy from 'booty call' is playing Ray Charles?! This is going to be a joke".

The joke was on me. Amazing movie, he nailed that part on so many levels.

I'll say it wasn't my "favorite" since...I'll probably wind up making some all too detailed list of my favorite ones. But thats among them at least.
Nine Kuze 01-18-2006 05:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Jamie Foxx in 'Ray' was just amazing

I was so totally wrong about that movie its not funny. I remember basically apologizing to people after the Oscars.

When I first heard about it, I remember going "Jamie Foxx? Whos that? The guy from 'booty call' is playing Ray Charles?! This is going to be a joke".

The joke was on me. Amazing movie, he nailed that part on so many levels.

I'll say it wasn't my "favorite" since...I'll probably wind up making some all too detailed list of my favorite ones. But thats among them at least.

Yeah, I had the same notion as you Sharpie. "Booty Call"? Anime Smile Anime Smile Anime Smile

But yeah, I guess you can't judge an actor like that... unless its someone like Paul Walker.

Anyway, speaking of best performances and Jamie Foxx, I thought that Leo DiCaprio's role as Howard Hughes in The Aviator was amazing as well. And although Foxx rightfully deserved the Oscar, I thought DiCaprio was a strong runner-up. Also, I've been looking for The Constant Gardener at video stores (all out already!) and I just thought of Ralph Fiennes' role in Schindler's List. He played such a good a**hole. Seriously, a very good actor.
Peace.
088nd 01-18-2006 06:38 PM
Jon Malkovich in Death of a Salesman
Mark Wahlberg (sp?) In I <3 Huckabees
seraphjei 01-25-2006 10:46 PM
I think just about EVERYONES performance in Cinderella Man was top notch. Russell Crowe really is an amazing actor in my opinion and i'll give credit where credit is due.
Pygmalion 01-25-2006 11:42 PM
I think the cast of Lawrence of Arabia deserves recognition for their work. Peter O'Toole, Omar Sharif, and Alec Guiness all did great work.

Pygmalion