Thought MegaMan was ruined before? You thought wrong.

Generalissimo D 01-12-2006 07:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rekkoha
I can give you that. Capcom has done some pretty embarassing
crud over the years, such as the VA job on X7.
It's good cause for grief, and we've got the right to yell about it.

But come on; give ZX a bloody chance, people.

X4 was pretty lame on X's voice. It throws you off...

I'll play it. But it doesn't mean I can't cringe while tearing as I see the possibility for animated pedophila from the character I control.
Brock 01-12-2006 07:55 PM
Aww, c'mon. I make a shot at NASA and nobody acknowledges it?
No sense of humor, I tell ya'.

I liked all the games in the X series, Zaphod, including X4.. In fact, X4 was the first one I was able to get my hands on in that particular series. I'm a bit blurry on it ( as it's been a while since I've played X4 ), but I don't recall having any beef with X's voice. Didn't subtract from my gaming experience, so no downside.
corrupt 01-12-2006 08:05 PM
i like megaman too, but not that weird gameboy one (acsess)
X Prime 01-12-2006 08:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:
Originally posted by Rekkoha
I can give you that. Capcom has done some pretty embarassing
crud over the years, such as the VA job on X7.
It's good cause for grief, and we've got the right to yell about it.

But come on; give ZX a bloody chance, people.

X4 was pretty lame on X's voice. It throws you off...

I'll play it. But it doesn't mean I can't cringe while tearing as I see the possibility for animated pedophila from the character I control.

True, but the lauded anime cutscenes weren't that great to begin with. The best part about them was anything with Iris in it and Double's rampage.
X Prime 01-14-2006 06:14 PM
Oh yes... If we needed any further proof that Inafune's mental facilities are questionable for allowing this to happen, look over how the man screwed over every X fan in the West on their Collection:

http://megaman.retrofaction.com/index.ph...ls/editorial019
Generalissimo D 04-22-2006 08:04 PM
*comes as a thief in the night*

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman_zx/

*leaves before the angry mob wakes up*

Edit:

There is but ONE redeeming feature I can see, and that is the ability to take on the abilities of Phantom from MMZ.

Paradigm Dog 04-23-2006 07:50 PM
One more Mega Man fan's opinion into the buster barrel:

ZX doesn't look as bad as originally expected. Not great, don't get me wrong, but the ability to essentially play as the Four Generals could be very interesting. The music sounds pretty good so far on the site, too. Also, it should be noted that it appears Zero himself is back as well. I don't know what capacity he will play, but it looks like he will be fighting alongside the two new kids who have MM-esque powers. Overall, it'll probably be better than a lot of games out there, and certainly better than the Battle Network series.

As much as the whole thing doesn't feel like classic Mega Man, it does make sense in the larger storyline. Capcom's been talking about connecting all the MM Universes for a long time, and they're starting to do it. This ZX series, according to some reports, bridges the gap into the Legends/Dash series. Hence the metal mining, and armors for human characters.

As far as I'm concerned, MM is a series on life support. ZX won't put it back on top like we'd all like, but it'll keep it afloat in a better manner idea-wise than Battle Network has. The Zero series had its moments, and had the best gameplay since X6, but faded and, overall, wasn't as good as the old days. I personally feel the last exciting Mega Man game was Mega Man Zero 2. What it comes down to is Mega Man needs to develop a good 3D game to get back on top...as odd as it sounds, it might even take Nintendo Revolution to pull that off. It's NOT IMPOSSIBLE to do a good 3D Mega Man, and Capcom is foolish if they think it is. Mega Man needs a huge shock to get back on top, not little in-game item gimmicks. Castlevania's largely in the same boat, though not nearly as bad yet (the newly announced Portrait of Ruin offers some hope that the series, both 2-D and 3-D will take a turn for the better). The idea of redoing the Classic MM and MMX titles on PSP is ludicris and insulting. That shows they're out of ideas. Hopefully E3 will say something differently. A revolutionary next-gen MM is our only hope.

Here's how it runs down for me presently:

Classic Mega Man 1-7 =awesome (#2 the best)
Classic GB MM 1-5= good to awesome (#5 the best)
Classic MM & Bass= ???
Classic Mega Man 8 = average to poor
Mega Man X 1-3 = awesome (#2 the best)
Mega Man X 4 and 6= good to awesome
Mega Man X 5= average to poor
Mega Man X 7-8 average to poor
X: Command Mission= ???
Mega Man Legends 1= poor
Mega Man Legends 2= ???
Battle Network series= average to poor (gameplay's ok, but not worthy of so many titles)
Mega Man Zero 1= good
Mega Man Zero 2= awesome
Mega Man Zero 3= average to poor
Mega Man Zero 4= average to good
Mega Man ZX = ???

Really, in all honesty, after Mega Man X3 or X4, the whole MM franchise started to falter in quality. People complain about X6, but I thought its challenging and interesting level design was a step back in the right direction overall. After that, it's all iffy--Zero series was a beacon of hope, especially the outstanding #2--but it didn't turn the whole thing around.

And as for the storyline, I hate that it wasn't more consistant throughout.
X Prime 04-24-2006 05:23 AM
Actually...

It's rather disturbing, but Zero and Battle Netwok have been selloing like MAD in Japan, Zero especially. It's profitable, thus all the rapidfire sequels.

Yay fanboys.

--

Honestly, I don't get the hate for Legends. It was a decent series. Better than X7 at least.

I steadfastly maintain it's not as popular because it's even more impossible to rationally put two males together than in any other MM series... hehehe.
David Ryder 04-24-2006 11:46 AM
quote:
Mega Man Legends 1= poor

What? MM Legends was an amazing game and a well change from "OMG, beat the boss, get his power!!!" deal.
Paradigm Dog 04-25-2006 11:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
Mega Man Legends 1= poor

What? MM Legends was an amazing game and a well change from "OMG, beat the boss, get his power!!!" deal.

Yeah, but kicking cans around in villages and shooting with a slow-firing, pea-shooter of a main gun in boring areas really isn't mega man. Maybe it's because I played the 64 version? Anyways, it didn't do it for me. I thought X7 was closer to where a 3D mega man should be, although of course it needed to be tightened up a great deal. It's a shame in a way that X8 pulled back to side-scrolling out of fear and bad press, because the engine from X7 could have been improved and worked out great.