What's your favorite scary movie?

Gato Gurl914 01-10-2006 02:10 PM
well? mine is the shining. awesome movie.
David Ryder 01-10-2006 03:11 PM
Hmmm. I'm not sure if this counts but Killer Clowns From Outerspace. It's not a violent movie nor is it scarey but I love it. The cotten candy guns and popcorn launcher where a riot. Good stuff.
Dark-0 01-10-2006 03:44 PM
HalloweeN without question the original teen scream flick. Jason and Scream are a complete copy cat of Micheal Myers.
DJX Prime 01-13-2006 07:45 AM
I'd have to say Halloween as well. It was minimalistic, had some good camera angles (almost as if you were viewing things as Michael Meyers; I remember Carpenter talking about some of the problems some viewers had about that), and gave us a soundtrack that was so simple yet memorable (Carpenter made it as well).

I also kinda liked the first Blair Witch Project. I thought it was a bit innovative and unique.
Sharpshooter005 01-13-2006 10:22 PM
quote:
Killer Clowns From Outerspace

Is that the one where they wrap people in a cotton candy cocoon?

Because if so, dear lord that movie MESSED ME UP as a kid. I only saw that one part, and I equated it with spiders (which I hate). Then I began to hate clowns.

Oh. And it's not a movie..but...season 1 of Millennium. If you own the dvds...don't watch three or four episodes in a row. It's a brilliant show, but damn if it dosen't just leave you with the bleakest possible feeling.
David Ryder 01-13-2006 10:26 PM
quote:
Is that the one where they wrap people in a cotton candy cocoon?

yep thats Killer Clowns. That and they drink the said cotten candy victims blood threw a zonko crazy straw, and then chase people down with their Balloon dogs. Then use a killer puppet show and shadow puppets.
Travis Bickle 01-14-2006 01:39 AM
Event Horizon
Schwarzwald 01-14-2006 02:28 AM
The Body Snatchers. The first one too. The one with the hint that it may have been a referance to communists taking over america ^^;
Gato Gurl914 01-14-2006 07:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Hmmm. I'm not sure if this counts but Killer Clowns From Outerspace. It's not a violent movie nor is it scarey but I love it. The cotten candy guns and popcorn launcher where a riot. Good stuff.

cotton candy guns? popcorn launcher? awesome.
Buck Buck #1 01-16-2006 10:27 PM
Dead Alive. There is a priest who says "I kick ass for the lord", then get's turned into a zombie.
088nd 01-16-2006 10:37 PM
Does Dawn of the Dead count?

That movie kicked so much f***ing ass.
Randolph 01-17-2006 08:11 AM
From Dusk till Dawn PwNs j00.

No, not the crummy sequels by weird different people I don't know.
Rob Rodruiguez's Dusk till Dawn. The good one.

George Clooney and Quinten Tarantino, fighting off swarms of
vampires next to Juliet Lewis and Harvey Keitel.
Danny Trejo. Salma Hayek! CHEECH, for cripe's sake!

How can you not enjoy the bloody thing?
Go watch it now or I'll tell Santanico Pandemonium where you live!
DJX Prime 01-19-2006 07:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd-DEpTH

I think it does. BTW, are you talking about the orginal or the 2004 remake?

Speaking of zombie flicks, which does everyone think is better the original Night of the Living Dead or the remake?

Also, I'd have to add John Carpenter's The Thing to my list of favorites as well. It had a few good moments like when Kurt Russel puts the hot wire into the petrie dish.
Travis Bickle 01-19-2006 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bun Bun
Dead Alive. There is a priest who says "I kick ass for the lord", then get's turned into a zombie.

I have to say that Dead Alive is one of the scariest movies of all time. IMHO.
088nd 01-19-2006 04:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DJX Prime
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd-DEpTH

I think it does. BTW, are you talking about the orginal or the 2004 remake?

Speaking of zombie flicks, which does everyone think is better the original Night of the Living Dead or the remake?

Also, I'd have to add John Carpenter's The Thing to my list of favorites as well. It had a few good moments like when Kurt Russel puts the hot wire into the petrie dish.

2004 Remake. Never saw the original, though I did see the newest one, Land of the Dead.

And yeah. The Thing is a f***ing badass movie too.
Sharpshooter005 01-19-2006 05:17 PM
quote:

I've heard the remake isn't as good, they tacked on a happy ending or something.
corrupt 01-19-2006 05:48 PM
Shaun of the dead, best thing ever
Patsai 01-20-2006 05:09 PM
My choice has to go to Night of the Living Dead. I know I've seen scarier movies in my life, but this one I chose basically because when I first saw it, it was pretty much unexpected, not to mention the setting at which I saw it at: I was home alone, it was late at night, and our house, being as big as it was, there was always that sense that you were almost never alone.

Add to the audio system and an open-ended room with no doors with the house riddled with many ground-level windows (looking outside of them you could see nothing but pitch-black and could only see things if they were a foot away), it set the mood for this movie. Most of the lights were dimmed out too, and there was only one source of light when while I was watching that movie. Getting up to go to the bathroom was painstaking for me, and after the movie, I was afraid to leave the room. Of course, this was when I was a tike, but it still has a big effect on my imagination even now.
Green_Bird 01-20-2006 06:55 PM
I guess it would have to be the Ring....I seem to like the original version better then the remakes. I also like House on Haunted Hill (both versions)...
DJX Prime 01-22-2006 06:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
I also like House on Haunted Hill (both versions)...

I right now only have the original. However, I seem to remember liking the new version better because it was more scary in the supernatural sense. That and it had Jeffery Combs in it; I've always thought he played a good creepy guy. Which brings me to another occassional fave to watch:

The Reanimator

The revived cat and the talking severed head are freaky. That and Herbert West.