What's your favorite scary movie?

Hienrich Ele 01-22-2006 10:58 AM
Night of the Living Dead for me. It defined the Zombie genre, which is my favorite genre of horror films.

It is because of this that I saw all of the other Night(90)/Dawn/Land/Dawn (2004)/Land of the Dead movies.

It is because of this that I bought my favorite book, The Zombie Survival Guide.

Plus, it's a real fun movie to watch.
DJX Prime 01-24-2006 05:41 AM
YES!!! Somebody else has The Zombie Survival Guide!

"#3. Use your head: cut off theirs."
Sir Nise 01-26-2006 02:00 PM
I think Dead Alive is my fave although it almost made me puke.
Gato Gurl914 01-30-2006 12:56 PM
pet sematary is a good one too.
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-12-2006 03:21 PM
The first Nightmare On Elm Street movie scared the shitake mushrooms out of me...Forget Jason, Freddy is SCARY. He comes in your dreams and slowly kills you while you scream bloddy murder! Skin the cat...anyone remember that game? UGHHHHHH... Dead Dead

Another movie that got me jumping was The Haunting. That scene where the lady is in the mirror room is creepy... *.*

And though it didn't make me jump, Interveiw With The Vampire kicks ass. Lestat is awesome.

That's all I've got.

Chitter-Box-Cat
TomoeHotaru 04-12-2006 03:38 PM
there was one that i forgot the name of but it was a Jason movie that took place in the future...*it's the only scary movie I sat through without throwing up...*
seraphjei 04-12-2006 09:30 PM
I believe you are speaking of the "Jason X" released in 2001. I personally didn't like the movie.
Nine Kuze 04-12-2006 09:37 PM
If it is Jason X that you are talking about, like seraphjei said, than I have a hard believing that this is you 'Fav' because Jason X has got to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen (Gigli is still the champion though!).

Its like the Phantom Menace of the Jason Saga, horrible acting, sorry-a** screenplay, piss-poor plot, and there's a scene where Jason pretty becomes and rips off the abilites of the villain in Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Just bad all round.
Peace.
Travis Bickle 04-12-2006 09:37 PM
That movie was awesome. It had everything a movie needed. T**s, violence, and sex with robots.

Ok...wait. That movie sucked.

PLEASE LEARN HOW TO MAKE A THREAD!
David Ryder 04-12-2006 09:40 PM
Jason X sucked, just like all the other Jason movies.
Inigo Montoya 04-13-2006 09:59 AM
Any Vincent Price film, from The House On Haunted Hill, to House of Wax.

Also, Spiderman. Not a horror movie per se, but the actor who played the Green Goblin? ABSOLUTELY FRIGHTENING. To quote a most reliable source:
"Well, he's wearing that dumb Power Rangers mask,
But he's scarier without it on.
"
-- Weird Al

I also enjoyed Nosferatu, Mark of the Vampire... I like horror movies that scare you by being scary, NOT movies that shock you by inundating the film with blood and pieces of human flotsam and jetsam scattered liberally throughout the film. Which is probably why almost all of my favourite movies are black and whites that date before 1950.
TomoeHotaru 04-15-2006 06:59 PM
It's not really my favorite...It's just the only one I haven't thrown up at...but i consider it my "favorite" because of the reason above. However, I agree...it sucked.
Gato Gurl914 04-16-2006 09:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Venome Lord

I also enjoyed Nosferatu, Mark of the Vampire... I like horror movies that scare you by being scary, NOT movies that shock you by inundating the film with blood and pieces of human flotsam and jetsam scattered liberally throughout the film. Which is probably why almost all of my favourite movies are black and whites that date before 1950.

yeah. gore isn't scary. its just gross.
Raphaela 04-30-2006 09:55 PM
I really enjoyed The Butterfly Effect. The movie itself sucked, but I liked the concept and ideas behind it. Time change is a pretty difficult thing to write about well (at least from my experiences), and TBE captured it pretty nicely. ^_^