Interesting internet article

088nd 01-08-2006 07:35 PM
According to this article:

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/11/segas-re-releasing-the-dreamcast-in-japa
n/

Sega is re-releasing the Dreamcast. If this is the case, I can assure you I will get my hands on one. Anyone know of any credible evidence to approve/disprove this article?
corrupt 01-08-2006 07:36 PM
its possible they'll only release in japan and if it does badly we'll never know
The Baker St. Irregular 01-08-2006 07:44 PM
;___;

Sniffle.

Dreamcast is a great system. I hope that this is really true, even if it's just in Japan.

Aww, man. I'll always love you, Dreamcast! Crying
Asirt 01-08-2006 07:47 PM
If this is true, then it's good news. I still have my Dreamcast back in 1999, and I still play it to this day. Here's hoping that Sega will also bring over new BBA's for it as well. It's pretty hard to find one at a good price these days.
David Ryder 01-08-2006 08:51 PM
lol well that's interesting to say the least. I have a Dreamcast, well it's collecting dust, but that still counts lol.
Krang 01-09-2006 02:29 AM
Glad to hear this! I still have my Dreamcast, but it's good to know that it has not been forgotten. I hope this also means that there will be a new game or two, even if they are only released in Japan.
Schwarzwald 01-13-2006 10:53 PM
I think I'd buy a second dreamcast if i have the money at the time. But I hope they reopen the PSO servers on the Dreamcast.(Hopefully for free on the origonal PSO)

It'd be cool to see the Dreamcast come back will all of the beginings it had begun... Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Soul Caliber Series(Though there was a prequil called I think Soul Blade for the PS1), Skies of Arcadia, and Sonic Adventure 1 with the cool Chao, great jazzy music, and cool Adventure mode like in Super Mario 64.

I doubt it will happen though... if it isn't Sega that is saying it, I really don't want to get to excited and spread lots of junk around just because some crazy Germans wanted to start a big rumor. I do love the dreamcast though, and I'd hope iof they do re-release it, that they wil include an Application that could enable all games to connect to other dreamcasts and play multiplayer over the web. Big Grin
David Ryder 01-13-2006 10:59 PM
quote:
Though there was a prequil called I think Soul Blade for the PS1

Actually Soul Calibur is the Sequel to soul blade or perhaps I just read it wrong X_X.
Generalissimo D 01-14-2006 10:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:

Actually Soul Calibur is the Sequel to soul blade or perhaps I just read it wrong X_X.

Soul Blade predates Soul Calibur. I remember playing through it one time I went to Funcoland(which was taken over by Gamestop some time ago).
088nd 01-14-2006 10:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:

Soul Blade predates Soul Calibur. I remember playing through it one time I went to Funcoland(which was taken over by Gamestop some time ago).

Yes, and Soul Blade was incredible.
Randolph 01-14-2006 11:03 PM
My Dreamcast was submerged during hurricane Rita.
I've not yet tested it to see if it still functions,
mostly because I have little hope of it working.

I would be very glad to see the Dreamcast broguth back,
if only so I can play Sonic Adventure and Power Stone again.
Schwarzwald 01-14-2006 11:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rekkoha
My Dreamcast was submerged during hurricane Rita.
I've not yet tested it to see if it still functions,
mostly because I have little hope of it working.

I would be very glad to see the Dreamcast broguth back,
if only so I can play Sonic Adventure and Power Stone again.

Pwnz for Power Stone.

Yeah that is one of the most entertaining fighting games I've ever played. Power Stone 2 with its VMU character customization and item creation. Its really cool.

You know a little bit back a guy had hosted a server for former Dreamcast PSO players and PSO PC players to play online with each other. But he stopped the project because PSO universe was coming out soon and he figured that everyone was going to move on to it.
Mr. Fortnight 01-15-2006 12:13 AM
If it could play the Japanese version of Project Justice, I'm all for seeing this in my room, plugged into my TV.

That and all the other AWESOME Japanese imports out there for the DC.

*Hopes and prays for a smaller, less clunky controller to come with it...*
Schwarzwald 01-16-2006 11:15 PM
Sega Portable should come in 3 years to over take the PSP. >.< Be a bit better and a little less pricy. Emulate DC games and add on a few new cool grooves. That'd be cool...well... if Sega can take a hit if it fails.
Asirt 03-15-2006 10:22 PM
In case anyone's still wondering about this "rerelease" of the Sega Dreamcast:

Sega not re-launching Dreamcast, only selling refurbs

[Old news, yes, but I'd figured I'd post this so people who have not heard this news won't get the wrong idea]

----------------------------------------------------

Goes to show how bad translations can really change the article.