[Question] What The Heck Is Going On!!!!

corrupt 01-08-2006 04:53 PM
ok, this is getting weird, replies are dissapearing everywhere1 my replies and other replies are dissaperaring, please someone tell me that its just my computer
Randolph 01-08-2006 04:59 PM
If you clarified or elaborated on this, we might be more inclined to reply.
What do you mean "replies are disappearing"?
corrupt 01-08-2006 05:02 PM
I wrote a replie to something and it fanished, not there anymore, like I never wrote it!
Mike 01-08-2006 05:03 PM
It might have been deleted cause it was off-topic or something.
Randolph 01-08-2006 05:06 PM
Your browser's probably defective. I had this happen to me once.
It had to do with Caches. The browser would forward you to the outdated pages from the cache regardless of any updated ones (such as new posts).
R.Smith 01-08-2006 05:06 PM
Here's the answer. Your posts are becoming spammy and some rude, so they are deleted.
corrupt 01-08-2006 05:08 PM
not only me but other peoples posts posts are going as well
R.Smith 01-08-2006 05:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by corrupt
not only me but other peoples posts posts are going as well

Really? I haven't noticed anyone mentioning such.
Generalissimo D 01-08-2006 05:14 PM
quote:
ok, this is getting weird, replies are dissapearing everywhere1 my replies and other replies are dissaperaring, please someone tell me that its just my computer

Maybe the evil postmonster is getting to them before they have a chance to be seen by all.

This should go in the Tribune(I think).
corrupt 01-08-2006 05:17 PM
yeah, i think
spoiler (highlight to read):
R smith has it out for me
i know i'm proabbly gonna get deleted for saying that so...

goodbyeeeeeeeee
Generalissimo D 01-08-2006 05:19 PM
quote:
yeah, i think

goodbyeeeeeeeee

You do realize his power is limited to the JFK Mark only right?
corrupt 01-08-2006 05:21 PM
no... if thats tru then, well how can he delete other things, or my account...
R.Smith 01-08-2006 05:23 PM
quote:
yeah, i think

goodbyeeeeeeeee

Roll Eyes

Nobody has it "out for you". Rude comments and spammy posts are delt with accordingly, regardless of who posted them.

quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:
yeah, i think

goodbyeeeeeeeee

You do realize his power is limited to the JFK Mark only right?

Exactly, that's the only area where I am able to modify posts and threads.

quote:

That's the thing. I can't. Other Mods however can delete your posts in the other forums.

The only one who can delete your account is Krang.
evanASF27 01-08-2006 05:25 PM
quote:

he can't delete your account...but if you post offtopic or spam posts in his modding territory, you may see the posts vanish. There are other modderators on this site, Corrupt, as well as the admins. So it could have been anyone of them.

THough I think the point of the deleted posts is to try and be a little more meaningful when you post in certain topics and not just post willy-nilly. (not saying you are...but it's usually the case when it happens)
corrupt 01-08-2006 05:26 PM
Wait a minute... R-smith said he deleted my replies outside his area so...
Dude Love 01-08-2006 05:36 PM
Uh, no you didn't. Perhaps you should re-read what was said before you make such accusations.

The point of the story is: a mod told you why your posts were being deleted (you're spamming and trolling or whatever the current internet term for "being rude" is). He doesn't have it out for you, otherwise all dissent would already have been silenced. There is no cabal, no grand conspiracy.
Sharpshooter005 01-08-2006 05:54 PM
quote:
There is no cabal, no grand conspiracy.

Well there is. But it's not responsible for this.
corrupt 01-08-2006 06:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dude Love
Uh, no you didn't. Perhaps you should re-read what was said before you make such accusations.

The point of the story is: a mod told you why your posts were being deleted (you're spamming and trolling or whatever the current internet term for "being rude" is). He doesn't have it out for you, otherwise all dissent would already have been silenced. There is no cabal, no grand conspiracy.

Obivously i've gone insane, but if he did "silence my dissent" that would be obvoius, evn you would figure it out, or maybe not...
The Fallen Phoenix 01-08-2006 06:38 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dude Love

Obivously i've gone insane, but if he did "silence my dissent" that would be obvoius, evn you would figure it out, or maybe not...

As has already been said by several different members, the reason some of your posts have been "disappearing" across multiple forums is because the moderator responsible for that particular forum--or Krang, Shredder, or kittie heavenly6, all of whom have power across all forums--deleted those posts because they were likely violating one or more of the forum rules.

That is all. I see no real reason why this conversation has to go any further than this, so I would like to request--nay, demand--that the discussion cease now. As such, consider this thread locked until Krang, Shredder, kittie heavenly6, or dawnstrider can do so officially.

If anyone posts following this--save the members previously listed, naturally--you will receive a warning.

Oh, just for future reference: if anyone ever has a problem with a moderator, or questions why a moderator (or administrator) is making particular decisions, it is best not to question it publicly. Instead, private message the moderator in question (or Krang and Shredder), and such things can be worked out off the forum. Questions and criticism are fine, if done so respectfully and intelligently. I know I myself am always open to explaining why I make certain decisions when I moderate, and I cannot imagine why that wouldn't be true of any of the other moderators or adminsitrators.

As Dude Love mentioned, we are not out here to silence dissent, but to ensure that the forums move along smoothly and that discussion remains intelligent and respectful. When this is not the case, the moderators and administrators intercede accordingly. Sometimes this results in deleted posts, sometimes warnings, and in the rarest (but most extreme) examples, bannings.

Hopefully, that clears up the matter; if this is not adequate, I would imagine Krang or Shredder could provide a better exposition.
Kairi 01-08-2006 07:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix

If anyone posts following this--save the members previously listed, naturally--you will receive a warning.

Bring it on.

Bitch.